Doom and Bloom - Why are people saying its heal is huge?

Archaegeo

Take a look at this picture:

Doom And Bloom Damage-Heals

This was in arena, against  BM who said he had 30% damage mitigation (do they have skills for that?)

So as you can see, it does 5 ticks of damage (5 seconds) can be cast every 18 seconds.

This is not huge healing.  It always seems to heal 1192.  It also says it heals damage done, 357 to 540 as shown, but I didn't verify total amount healed.

In any case, is this more than other classes? Esp since we have to be within 8m?

35 minutes ago, YuenAi said:

I find it weird I heal my partymates and my cat more than I heal myself with Doom n' Bloom

It's not weird. It's intended. Read the tooltip. You heal yourself based on dmg dealt and your partners heal based on their overall healthpool (some percentage of it).

6 hours ago, Archaegeo said:

Take a look at this picture:

Doom And Bloom Damage-Heals

This was in arena, against  BM who said he had 30% damage mitigation (do they have skills for that?)

So as you can see, it does 5 ticks of damage (5 seconds) can be cast every 18 seconds.

This is not huge healing.  It always seems to heal 1192.  It also says it heals damage done, 357 to 540 as shown, but I didn't verify total amount healed.

In any case, is this more than other classes? Esp since we have to be within 8m?

1192 is hp to your cat. Your hp healed is the drained amount.

2 hours ago, Archaegeo said:

Even worse then.

So I do not get at all why people say summoners have this massive heal.

lets say every tick critted (Which it doesn't), that would be 2700 hp back in 5 second every 18 sec,

They say we have a massive heal because we do.  Just because the guy misidentifies it as Doom & Bloom doesn't change that True Friend is a really badass and not too infrequent heal spike. That said, Doom & Bloom is an important component towards being able to sustain True Friend throughout a match. If you Curl cat out of Bloom too often, you'll tap your cat's health too far too quick and long term cut your healing or put your cat at risk. Huzzah is pretty impractical/often Dangerous and Daze is usually talented for Strike, so Doom is still essential for the overall picture.

Archived