BM and the Arena

Sorcerer21b

So I was looking over my BM skill set, thinking, "What could make us better in the arena?" I came to the conclusion there are a few minor things that need to be looked at, damage, crit, evasion, and hp regen from skill use. But these are minor really, some may see them as major. The main thing that comes to mind is our CC cooldowns. These are a bit horrible. This led me to make a post in another thread in general about it the lack of blade master is top tier arena, where I came up with the following idea about it. This isn't an overpowering change, nor is it game breaking, it will just bring BM's up to a more competitive balance. So here is my thoughts on this.

Lunar Slash Knockdown - Lowered From 45 sec to 35 sec.
Rush Stun - Lowered from 30 sec to 25 sec.

Flicker Stun - Lowered from 45 sec to 35 sec.

Five Point Strik Stun/Luanch/Trip - Lowered from 45 sec to 30 or 25 sec.
Soaring Falcon KNockdown - Lowered from 24 sec to 18 sec, putting it on par with Ankle Biter.
Shoulder Charge, no need to make a change here, unless you leave Soaring Falcon Knockdown alone and change the cd here instead

This would give us a bit more use out of our CC's. As they are right now, these cd's kind of put us on the low man statue, as we can't compete with the CC-fest the other classes can throw out there. Even changing 3 or 4 of these CDs to be lower would give a bit more competitive balance.

(ignore the quote, hit it by accident and it won't let me remove it)

As negative as I may sound these changes won't happen because they will not/don't have rights to change anything. Gotta follow asia notes

While BM kinda suks(more like gotta work more for same results as certain others) in arena right now BM cc is still top-class plus you didn't list everything. If anything sustain dmg could see some improvement.

Heres next patch notes btw. Credits to freedomplays

Dragon Cleave (RB)
– increase damage
– CD is changed from 1.2 sec to 2.5 sec
– add effect: recover 8 Focus over 4 sec
– add effect: gain max speed for Stab (RB), Heaven Sunder (RB) for 4 sec.

Stab (RB)
– increase damage of Tier 2/3/5 Stage 1, Tier 5 Stage 2
– change to Fire elemental
– Tier 5 Stage 2: the effect of “recover 2 % HP on crit” is changed to “convert 5% of damage to HP recovery on hit” 

Heaven Sunder (RB)
– change to Lightning elemental

Full Moon Slash (TAB)
– Tier 2 Stage 1: Focus recovery is increased from 3 to 4
– Tier 2 Stage 1: the effect of “gain max speed for Stab (RB), Heaven Sunder (RB) when dealing critical damage under Blade Stance” is changed to “gain max speed for Stab (RB), Heaven Sunder (RB) when you hit under Blade Stance”

Draw (LB)
– Tier 4 Stage 3: the damage increase effect is maintained for a certain period, even after casting this skill. 

Front Kick (X)
– the effect of “Induce Stun on casting target” is removed
– Tier 2 Stage 2: add effect – “Induce 2 sec Stun”  and “Stack 1 Bleed”

Full Moon Slash (TAB)
– change to Fire elemental.

@Sorcerer21b

Reducing our cc cooldowns would move us from low man on totem pole, to top of the totem pole. I already do 60-70% of someone's health pool with my cc chain, and if you were to reduce them by as much as you're suggesting, I'm sure I could push that further, maybe even claim the full 100-0 with just a tab bait. I'd rather look at skills that aren't utilized right now than reducing our cooldowns on our ccs. For example, making Multislash and Blade Strike pvp viable.

@Snowbunny

These changes make no sense. Translations are hard. ....alright...I think I can talk of these now...You're not going to use Dragontongue in pvp if you're not doing 3s with a destroyer. No idea what Heaven Sunder is supposed to be. You're not going to use pierce in pvp(or at the very least you're not going to use T5S2, you'd be using T5S1). We don't use the focus recovery Lunar Slash in pvp. We don't use flicker in pvp outside of the stun. And the boot change makes me sad, and unless that's suggesting that it applies 2 stacks of bleed, it sounds like I need to put 2 points into it now instead of 0 because I needed a nerf, but hey the stun is on demand now amirite? These changes will make very little difference in our current pvp standing.

These changes make no sense.

These changes will make very little difference in our current pvp standing.

Yes because most of them are PvE changes. Well pretty much all >.>

I just told these are next patch notes, ones we will receive next.

Translations could be better but atleast they should give the idea.

X change just wonders me... does it replace knockdown with stun or what o.O Also dont ya put 2 point to it for knockdown anyway :O?

1 hour ago, Snowbunny said:

X change just wonders me... does it replace knockdown with stun or what o.O Also dont ya put 2 point to it for knockdown anyway :O?

The knockdown is stage 1. And no, I don't currently spec it. Stage 2 would be the one that gives max charge on pierce right now, which will add stun. I mean...it could add a little more sustain...if we had the skillpoints for it and pierce.

I know these will never make in to the game. Just thoughts on the matter. I'm not currently 45, so not working with all my points. Looking at the stock "arena match" build, which I tend to run all the time right not, it is gear toward multiple opponents. Which makes me think, this isn't an arena build, this is a Battle Ground build for Battle Grounds we do not have. Once I get to 45 and have all my points, for that at least not counting HM, I'll sit back and take a while to figure out a build. Though as it is right now, the poor skill translations(btw is the person responsible for said translations named Yu Suk?) kind of make it difficult to put it all together.

The cooldowns I mentioned aren't about whether or not they're good, we know they are. That's why I went to the cooldown part of it. Of all the classes, BM is the only one that can't throw CC's at the opponent like a monkey flinging poo.  The reduced cooldowns just increase the availability of our CC's. We still won't be throwing them out there like all the other classes. It will however give a bit more play room in skill points, as we won't have to step up to the higher tiers to get the extra duration. 

Think on it this way. If you could use two skill points on a 2 second stun on a 18-30(35) second cd, and not have to point for the extra duration to cover a 45 sec cd, what would you spend those points on?

6 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

The cooldowns I mentioned aren't about whether or not they're good, we know they are. That's why I went to the cooldown part of it. Of all the classes, BM is the only one that can't throw CC's at the opponent like a monkey flinging poo.  The reduced cooldowns just increase the availability of our CC's. We still won't be throwing them out there like all the other classes. It will however give a bit more play room in skill points, as we won't have to step up to the higher tiers to get the extra duration. 

The problem is that we'd be able to chain them together because the cooldowns would be up before their tab escape is. Not to mention baiting the tab escape becomes much less punishing.

37 minutes ago, Ghobe said:

The problem is that we'd be able to chain them together because the cooldowns would be up before their tab escape is. Not to mention baiting the tab escape becomes much less punishing.

So we'd be able to chain them together, just like every other class chains their's together?

Which, if you think about it, we already could. If they just lowered the 3 big 45's down to 35.

45 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

So we'd be able to chain them together, just like every other class chains their's together?

Which, if you think about it, we already could. If they just lowered the 3 big 45's down to 35.

No, you'd be able to endlessly chain them. You can already chain your CCs.

53 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

Found this interesting enough. If you point for the arena match build, it doesn't put a single point in to any of the health absorb skills. 

I don't either, what's your point? PvP is about killing your opponent, not stalling for timeout.

On 2/17/2016 at 11:52 PM, KyoXai said:

bm worst pvp class ever if u want to do arena do not make bm simple make destro lmb or sum.

Thank you for chiming in. 

Now back to matter more important than that statement.

Upon doing some research on stats and running in to a couple posts on BnS Dojo. From what I've read, mind I just found it, haven't had a chance to test it, it seems the accuracy stat is overwhelming block and parry. This could be a just someone having a bad day with these two stats. But it seems as long as the opponent has over 100% accuracy, that it effectively cuts out our autoblock/parry and evade. As I said, this may just be someone having a bad day with these stats. But its deffinately something to test out and look in to.

3 hours ago, Sorcerer21b said:

But it seems as long as the opponent has over 100% accuracy, that it effectively cuts out our autoblock/parry and evade. As I said, this may just be someone having a bad day with these stats. But its deffinately something to test out and look in to.

It's possible. I remember having something like 93% accuracy and I couldn't land over half my attacks on people rocking full blackram(as it gave me them somewhere in the ballpark of 50% total avoidance between block and evade) in open world. Nowadays I'm rocking something like 116% and I don't have that problem anymore, though I don't check their shields as much anymore either.

Archived