How To Beat Summoners as a Blade Dancer

Dobz

Well, i was doing it well before the new patch, but after that i find really hard to face a Summoner, he goes hide and heals himself, he swaps with cat if i stun him, i tried to throw the cat away, but moves near him so eventually 90% of the times i wake him again.
What tips can you guys give to face Summoners in this new patch?

Please don't waste your time replying "learn how to play agaisnt him" or "stop QQ", cuz i am not saying that is impossible or that it needs a nerf, just want to know some opinions how to counter his Kyte, since he slows me and i can't use my dashes "2 or X" and any other tips!

11 minutes ago, Dobz said:

How can you survive? lol

Because it's a Blade Dancer. They have skills that give them long duration cc and damage resists. Don't forget to mention the phantom grip. But I guess that's better than going against a Summoner.

Time out sometime will ends in summoner's favors. the heal is insane tbh and if you focus the cat it won't work because the cat is unkillable due to summoner's F and the recent healing buff which can heal up to 60% which is insane. focus the summoner that will work but good summoners are unkillable due to their heal buff recently. like on some recent Jaesung video it shows how broken it is when he was KFM dealing tons of dmg and the summoner never die due to the heals

Its same for me. Before patch it was more easy to kill summoner,now its not possible. So my decision is go full lightning build. I use recommended pve lightning build whit some adjustments for pvp and just burn cat. That lightning build just burns mobs in pve and cat is nothing more than pve add. I usualy start whit my Z for dmg resist, then when they are close use V for pull and then start burning cat whit C. Just before V stun wears off I use RMB to stun cat again, so I would deal max dmg and just before that stun comes off I use force chocke nd run away whit cat while dealing dmg to him. At this point cat is almost dead. And you should still have +60-70% hp. Everything else is easy.

• 2 weeks later...

keep in mind that timeouts count only the DMG done -- HEALS ARE NOT ADDED. You can timeout with 100% health  due to heals but if you didn't do more dmg than them you still LOSE. Also damage to the cat isnt counted just to the summoner(not 100% sure about the last statement but pretty sure) Your best bet is to be CC the cat, be aggressive towards the summoner, and use your move/resist buffs to get out of the way until your burst cooldowns and your throw is back.

edit: by CC i mean throw

and to address the kiting, using maelstrom spin build helps with movespeed (but to get out of the way -- you dont want to chase unless your diving in with bursts)

Archived