How do you survive as melee?

duber

I know bosses have tells for most attacks, but there are times when there is too much junk going on in the area to see it.  Next thing I know I'm dead and wondering what hit me.  I usually go for ranged classes in MMOs for just this reason, but I don't particularly care for either FM or Sum.  I got my assassin up to 45 without much issue even in 6-player runs, but with bosses like the ones in Fleet there's just no hope.  Should I try another melee class?

The players aren't the real problem. While hiding them alos hides their skill effects. This would work much smoother and better if you could just turn skill effects down to just the area it was effecting, like the bosses, a circle, cone or whatnot. But the only option we have to turn these off is yeah, ctrl +f.

18 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

The players aren't the real problem. While hiding them alos hides their skill effects. This would work much smoother and better if you could just turn skill effects down to just the area it was effecting, like the bosses, a circle, cone or whatnot. But the only option we have to turn these off is yeah, ctrl +f.

If you go to Options > Graphics > Advanced Settings there's a checkbox named Optimize for combat.

When checked it turns off some of the most taxing effects and when unchecked it goes back to your settings.

Archived