Mushin's Tower floor 7 as KFM

DragonbladeRiven

Hello everyone,

This is my first post so please forgive me if this is not the right place to be posting this.

I am struggling as a KFM to go through floor 7 in mushin's tower and I would like to know if I am doing something wrong or if I simply need better gear.  I spent literally the whole day memorizing the patterns of all three phases and I can dodge/block/iframe pretty much everything (If I don't, I die pretty quickly).  The problem is that the time runs out before I am able to to kill him (~30% hp if I'm lucky).  My gear is the following:

True profane gauntlet (gems give me +160 damage, +80 life drain on crit, +7 attack power) ,  awakened infernal ring, earring and necklace, siren belt stage 5, volcano offering bracelet (The one that gives crit) and moonwater arena soul shields fused with crit. 

I've tried various builds but my main build involves using tiger strike followed by hellfire kick followed by searing palm and after that using searing blow to reduce CD of searing palm.  I'm not sure if there is a better build, please let me know if there's something I should know.

I know that my soulshields are not very good for PvE, but it will take a long time to get some good stats on the blackram soulshields.  I hope that this is not the problem. 

Is there any KFM that finished floor 7?  Could he maybe share his build and/or gear?

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

The only thing that is pissing me off is how the hell do you dodge his 3 zip sword slash where at the end he basically slashes right through you dazes you, that takes a huge part of damage out and stunning or counter it still goes through the last part.  My tip is to invest in stuns which will counter most of his attacks, I always get him down to around 40% but that 3 zip sword slash through takes a huge chunk of me out which makes me lose even more hp.

Hello Tohru, thanks for your reply.  I suppose you are talking about the daze which is followed by the slice-through attack in phase 2 and phase 3 (Correct me if I am wrong).  I simply use both my Q and E to dodge those two attacks.  For example, in phase 2 the pattern is AA -> AA -> Step behind you -> AA -> Stand still (Blocking) for 1-1.5 seconds -> Daze -> Slice through -> Icy linear attack (Red) -> Backstep.  As soon as I see him blocking (I can notice that since my T activates) I way for 1 second and then use Q followed by E.

I can try to invest in many stuns and see how it goes, but I still fear that I won't deal enough damage.  Perhaps by keeping him CCed I will be able to focus more on DPS rather than survivability which may boost up my damage.  I will give it a try, thank you:)

17 minutes ago, Tohru said:

The only thing that is pissing me off is how the hell do you dodge his 3 zip sword slash where at the end he basically slashes right through you dazes you, that takes a huge part of damage out and stunning or counter it still goes through the last part.  My tip is to invest in stuns which will counter most of his attacks, I always get him down to around 40% but that 3 zip sword slash through takes a huge chunk of me out which makes me lose even more hp.

Well most classes have defensive skills such as KFms and BMs block although yea they only .5s doe but every class has I frame, i dont really struggle with em cause i jus stun over and over and ice block. Also remember u can use the 3s invul potion for one of the times he uses his attack. Its really all about CCing him when he does that attack and trying not to get rooted 

44 minutes ago, DragonbladeRiven said:

Hello Tohru, thanks for your reply.  I suppose you are talking about the daze which is followed by the slice-through attack in phase 2 and phase 3 (Correct me if I am wrong).  I simply use both my Q and E to dodge those two attacks.  For example, in phase 2 the pattern is AA -> AA -> Step behind you -> AA -> Stand still (Blocking) for 1-1.5 seconds -> Daze -> Slice through -> Icy linear attack (Red) -> Backstep.  As soon as I see him blocking (I can notice that since my T activates) I way for 1 second and then use Q followed by E.

I can try to invest in many stuns and see how it goes, but I still fear that I won't deal enough damage.  Perhaps by keeping him CCed I will be able to focus more on DPS rather than survivability which may boost up my damage.  I will give it a try, thank you:)

Ok I'll try doing this, I usually try to ee or qq the 2nd to last one before he dashes through me and it seems to resist the slash through so it helps a little.  Thank you!

I've been able to do it as KFM after a long while of trying and now can nail it down without as much of a problem.  I had about the same gear you have Dragon.  Here's a link to my build : https://bnstree.com/KF?build=4501002000311101103032070310094420511005311113110632108440552160931053410601120031.

It's not perfect but it got me through and is working pretty nicely.  You use the stuns or daze to build up searing stacks and keep him cc locked on the ground with the leg sweep and tiger's pounce to kd him.  Also, fighting spirit will be used after or when you feel like it to add more dps. The points put into your Q and E give you pretty good leeway after dodging him.  It's very useful when he gets into his aerial combos. Oh and don't forget to use the stun you get from successful dodge.

I managed to kill him after switching to my Poharan Pve Soulshield. I nearly use the same build Sakata uses and it works fine, try to CC him down  as hell and build up ur Searing Palm Stacks,  also activate your Tab buff at beginning so u have a little timer on you own to see how fine it goes(beside the dmg buff ^^).  To dodge the aerial kombo i use flurry and Q or E. And dont forget that you have a knock down after dodging with Backsep what have pretty low CD :), purely Damage Race on this Floor. If you have noch PvE table it could much moch heavier to kill him as if you have one O.o

I did this video of the fight with Jung Hado a long time ago while playing on the CN servers. 

Not the most refined fight and was playing on high ping and still working out the details of the fight, I hope it'll  give you a rough idea how the fight goes as a KFM

One thing I might add which I did not do in the videos was to use triple kick after Q/E. This is one thing you can incorporate

I just beat him today as a KFM. I have Moonwater Arena Bopae as my Poh rolls were terrible (and my pirate/tower rolls are not good either). I have Awakened Siren level 6, Siren, and he rest of my gear is Inferno (besides the ring which was upgraded). I had Attack, Extra Damage during crits, extra damage during knockdown/stun, and extra damage gems. I know life steal is better, but I havnt been able to grab a good one yet. 

Most of the issues are either with the enrage timer (which I barely make) or dealing with his quadra slash/air combo that just kills you. For the enrage, the safest way to kill him (air juggles) uses a ton of time and you should not use these unless you really need to, and almost never use a ground and pound (unless you are using it while you are recovering from a pot). Use your fighting spirit liberally. 

For some of this skills. During his ice attack know that like a second or so after you use it you can trigger a dodge to avoid all damage and then charge him for a knock down. 

On his evade/slash skill he counters after its finished (which also makes him immune to all your CC) and he will do a slash behind you for some significant damage. The best way to avoid this is to use a dodge into a triple kick. 

For his qudra slash after his red aoe (which you often back out of), there are really two options. The first is to time a counter (which will only block the first two hits of the combo with talent speccing), and then dodge Q or E into a triple kick. The next is to pop a damage resistance item for the tower you can buy if you really need it (Like your HP is really low and a botched counter or dodge loses you the game) either way you still need to dodge during his combo. 

During his final part (like under 20%) he'll use his unblockables a lot more often so you should be using your items and cooldowns like mad just spam damage because once he enrages it's over. 

(most KFM's) https://bnstree.com/KF?build=45010020003111223110310303211543009330051111131106321084405542053430601120031

Most KFM's out there probably use this build, since as a KFM you want to use a pvp build against Junghado. Chain stun/daze/knockdown/air combo as much as you can. 3RF anicancel etc.

(my build) https://bnstree.com/KF?build=450100200031030330703111543009441113410632108440554260931053430601120031

Personally, I built my Junghado build around Searing Palm and mixed it with all of the CC from a pvp build. Searing Blow to rapidly reduce the cooldown on Searing Palm. I'm using Searing Palm stage 4 multiple times (roughly 8-10 times) which crits for 18.5k. Let's not forget Leading palm after Searing Palm stage 4 which crits for just under 20k.

Thank you everyone for your replies:)   I was finally able to do it after many, many, many tries!  I used Roxefeller's build (A lot of CC with searing blow to reduce CD of searing palm).  The timer run out and he had 1hp left (I'm not even joking,  I was so mad at that point) but after a second he died, don't know how (Maybe bleeding?).  I also got piece 7 and 8 of the endless tower soulshield set which only drops from the 7th floor:)

Also, to expand on what KokoroAkechi said, if you spec your block you can actually block the whole quadra slash after his red AoE.  You have to activate your block early and then re-activate it as soon as it's up again (So you block twice).  Timing is crucial however.  Additionally, if your block is specced, you can block his evade/slash skill (Which dazes you and then slices through you) completely if you time it right.

Thanks again everyone! 

Archived