Is this joke?

pupe

So, I've been PVEing for a while, trying to get my purples to be good at dungeons, but man, how the hell could it be possible that 1 full BLUE shield is better than a PURPLE shield for a dungeon? 

Guy BM with SAME items than me (actually I had like 1 or 2 better items) running Blackram with BLUE moonwater shield having 889 Def, and me with my full purple from BLACKRAM 600 Def????? 

B4 Rising patch Blackram was very difficult and maybe an endgame run, so, shouldnt it be better than a simple blue shield?  Wouldnt it be so stupid to get PVP items that to run a dungeon? Really?

So the "LAST" shield that you could get from a "ENDGAME" run is not better than a simple blue?

What a waste of time..

6 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

Stats on Shields are random, max stat purple version will be better and always higher

I'm just saying that you should be 'able' to have more DEF from THAT Full Shield, considering that it was actually a drop from there than any other shield, and blue.... :/

1 hour ago, pupe said:

I'm just saying that you should be 'able' to have more DEF from THAT Full Shield, considering that it was actually a drop from there than any other shield, and blue.... :/

It does not work like that, different sets of Shields with max stats all have different values of secondary stats, they dont all have the same 'chance' to have a set value of for example Defence on them or evasion, they can however have the same overall amount of defence secondary stats but most of the 'main stats will be reduced, same as with Cit shileds, to obtain max Crit stats from shields you have to mix 2 sets, sometimes even 3 sets..

It does not matter whether the sets are 'blue' or 'purple' all the max toal amount of all the secondary stats have a set maximum amount, some shields dont even have some secondary stats available at all on them. this is why you Infuse sets with 'extra' secondary stats. It is actually a vey clever system and makes for alot of ajustments and fine tuning for your self.

The 'guy' you mentioned with more defence than you on what you say was the same set, more than likely had far different overall main stats from that same set than you. 

Archived