Plan B Open PvP Video 2-3 versus 15+

RebelRising

I have a terrible feeling this video is going to get some flak, OP.  I have nothing against you, but here are some things that I think people aren't going to like.  Naturally, you may not care about any of them and just wanted to post a vid, which is totes fine.

1.  Playing a Blade Dancer.  People hate Blade Dancers right now, so every time you spin, someone is going to feel dat irritation.  Also, early in the vid you blew your ranged attack, grip, and AoE pull on a Summoner who had her little aura up to resist.  People might try to use that to say "lol BDs don't even need to know the game to excel".

2.  Taking advantage of lag + Destro combo to kill a bunch of people who want nothing to do with you.  Maybe on your server, the numbers are even or you're the underdog.  However, on Poh, Ceru does this same thing against Crimson, and Ceru owns basically every channel already anyway.  Watching someone kill a bunch of people who aren't paying attention and are already grouped up because they aren't focused on you is just like "Yeah, well, that does happen if you are those classes".

3.  Drinking potions.  Is that a thing that's frowned on in this game?  In every other game, using a potion while in OWPvP was immediately a thing you were called out for.  I get that you're only a few against many, but I can't quite get myself to reach for that potion button when I'm out in the world, regardless.

The video title says "2-3 vs 15+", but it's only vaguely that.  Naturally I had fun watching it anyway because I like BnS and think it's interesting to watch another class.  Just prepare yourself for a potential onslaught.

And now that I've said those things, if they call them out it's less original/fun.  So hopefully this is just a "check out content I made" thread, since I don't think you're bragging about it anyway.

1. Everyone will hate everyone for whatever class he plays. Except for Blademaster it seems. (time to buff us!^^)

No one can tell me that he is playing perfectly in open pvp.

3. Why souldn't I use potions? Either you die or not. Open PvP has nothing to do with sportsmanship or fairness. Except for being rude.. so unnecessary. My equip is the best and I have nearly 100% more life than my opponent: is that still fair? Don't know wich other games you mean but every game I know it would be unfair to not do anything to win (both sides). Except for exploiting and such shamefull things.^^

Oh just want to mention that I am not related to anyone in this video because maybe it sounds like that.

2 minutes ago, Maxwell Blackmor said:

1. Everyone will hate everyone for whatever class he plays. Except for Blademaster it seems. (time to buff us!^^)

No one can tell me that he is playing perfectly in open pvp.

3. Why souldn't I use potions? Either you die or not. Open PvP has nothing to do with sportsmanship or fairness. Except for being rude.. so unnecessary. My equip is the best and I have nearly 100% more life than my opponent: is that still fair? Don't know wich other games you mean but every game I know it would be unfair to not do anything to win (both sides). Except for exploiting and such shamefull things.^^

Oh just want to mention that I am not related to anyone in this video because maybe it sounds like that.

You aren't wrong with #1.  There just seems to be extra special hate for BD/Destro/Summoner right now.

For #2, usually when people release a "highlights reel", it involves their finest moments that they want to show off.  At least, that's how everyone seems to interpret it.  So I'm expecting a detailed analysis of how the BD played poorly because people are like that.

For #3, you can use potions.  There isn't really a problem with it, but I've almost always been a solo roamer mentality, and among the 1v1 culture in many games, using consumables for a duel is considered bad show.  You can do whatever you like to win, but usually games also have varying levels of potions/consumables, and using something fairly expensive to give yourself an edge usually incurs frowns.  In group fights like that I think it's less of a big deal to use potions, but there's something about it that just feels like it's ruining the fight to me.  Plus, the win is less important than the act of finding a good fight out in the world, in my opinion.  When someone blows a limited supply of something to give him/herself an edge, it's just kind of like "Well, ok I guess".

Then again, I have like 250+ potions in BnS, and I use them fairly regularly in place of food, so it isn't like people are probably hurting for those potions.  Plus it's 30% health on a 1 min cooldown, so it's not too bad anyway.  Just pointing out everything that might be complained about, so the act of complaining about it seems diminished.  People should be able to share content without facing a torrent of angry posters.

1. Is irrelevant. Haters are gunna hate no matter what a person does/plays.

2. Trying to do things that you know have PvP intrinsically built into it, is the fault of the player. You have a laggy connection or low quality pc? Maybe you shouldn't do anything that involves PvP, or has a relation with PvP. I say this not to be rude, but in reality if your pc or connection can't handle it, stay away from PvP/PvP related activities and you will save your self a lot of grief. Yes you miss out on content, but if said content leads to mental distress, avoid it.

3. I've never heard of drinking potions during PvP as a frowned upon thing. Not in any mmo I've ever played anyways. Unless you agree upon it with the person you 1v1 beforehand, it's irrelevant. In open world PvP anything goes. (personal opinion)

My 2'Cents.

3. open pvp there are no rules, if you want rules play arena games.

Back to topic.

Both factions jump on the othe faction if we can when they are doing BW/Terror or tent farm if they can on my server and i love em for it, but as some ppl here say killing ppl that have focus on something else is easy, sadly this game have no "staged mass pvp", but the vidoe is still ok to watch if you want to see easy frags.

Archived