How do I dodge Blackwyrm's AOE skill?

ketone

I am wondering about how I can dodge Blackwyrm's huge AOE skill or roar. I jumped, and used counter skill to dodge it, but none worked.

If I can dodge this attack, I think I can do 1% damage and get my rewards.

Any ideas fellow summoners????

You can dodge it with all i-frames, yes even with SS.

The problem is, that you need to be really quick. Best Chance is to learn his pattern.

Always wait for his first roar. Then he will do 6 Attacks and then Roar again.

If you have a melee Tank the attackpattern is:

- Stomp

- Poision Breath

- Bite

- Poison Spit

- Stomp

- Poison Breath

- Roar

- Bite (Usually the tank is on range at this time so he will use poison Spit)

- Repeat

Just use SS shortly after he made his 6th attack

1 hour ago, Cadencia said:

You can dodge it with all i-frames, yes even with SS.

The problem is, that you need to be really quick. Best Chance is to learn his pattern.

Always wait for his first roar. Then he will do 6 Attacks and then Roar again.

If you have a melee Tank the attackpattern is:

- Stomp

- Poision Breath

- Bite

- Poison Spit

- Stomp

- Poison Breath

- Roar

- Bite (Usually the tank is on range at this time so he will use poison Spit)

- Repeat

Just use SS shortly after he made his 6th attack

What is I-frames?? Can you explain? Is ss  the only reasonably possible solution here??

Just curious.... is summoner's counter skill not a defensive skill? I wonder why summoner's counter skill does not work against AOE skills

Just now, Cadencia said:

You need an Iframe. You can't block and you can't counter. I don't play summoner, so i don't know what iframes you got. I only know, that SS works for sure.

Oh and you will get stunned. You can only avoid the dmg.

I don't know what Iframe is. What is it?

i-frame = invincible frame

Your SS: "User is resistant to damage, status effects". This means, you are invincible for a short moment

EDIT:

Beckon (E). If you skill it (right tree), it makes you invincible too

True Friend (X).If you skill it (right tree), it makes you invincible too

2 minutes ago, Cadencia said:

Your SS: "User is resistant to damage, status effects". This means, you are invincible for a short moment

Does each class have at least one I-frame skill? I don't think summoner has one

12 minutes ago, Cadencia said:

EDIT:

Beckon (E). If you skill it (right tree), it makes you invincible too

True Friend (X).If you skill it (right tree), it makes you invincible too

I see. thanks

5 hours ago, ketone said:

Does each class have at least one I-frame skill? I don't think summoner has one

they do. Everyone who commented on this thread already mention their iframes. summoners have 4 iframes in total (for this particular case of Blackwyrm)

1. SS (Evade)

2. dandelion(single one applies for orange circles only doesnt apply for red. the yellow one, party dandelion works for literally all kinds of attacks), super long cd, and u gotta time it correctly for it. 

3. your X Skill, Friendship, when u spec it down to the right tree, gives u a 5 second invincibility, u can dodge all kind of damage or debuff with that for 5 seconds. For blackwyrm, u will still get the daze regardless since the roar is a special case. But u won't get the damage, just the Daze. has a 45 seconds cd. Usually if you have a tank, and u have this spec, u can use it for the first roar, then wait for the second red cone poison spit (when there's a tank, blackwyrm's rotation includes 2 poison cones, and 1-2 seconds after that, it will 100% do the roar), then use SS, and the by the 3rd roar, ur X skill's cd should be off. and just continues this cycle for the rest of the fight. Given that you have a tank that can hold aggro and set a stable rotation for blackwyrm, otherwise.... have fun with chaos

4. Beckon skill, your E button, which gives u 0.5 sec iframe, but has a cd of 30 seconds. so u can spam E as many times as u like to reposition ur cat, but that iframe will only be applicable once every 30 seconds, therefore u wont have the iframe every single time you press E. For this, you also need to spec for it to gives u the iframe, just 1 point for the iframe. Further down the tree, its more for utilization and controlling ur cat.

The 5th iframe... Petal storm (ur 3 skill) though i wouldn't really say its an actual iframe, since it only applies for range attacks (meaning that your character makes no physical contact with the boss/mob. Let's say the boss's about to slam himself at you from 15m away and then land on u, that is not a range attack, Range attack means that the attacks comes from the attacker from a distance, but still makes no physical contact with your character.) For blackwyrm, the roar itself is a grounding aoe. technically its not range, but to me it kinda is, yet petal storm will not work on the roar. So i suppose that when he roars, its a physical damage to your "character's ears" so yeh ._. I don't know someone fill me on this l0l.

You know, people overcomplicate roar. You don't need to SS it at all. All you need to do is Jump. As in regular spacebar jump. Don't do it too early, wait until the red AoE is halfway covering the field, then neutral jump. You won't take any damage.

I personally save SS for anytime I'm pulled in. I don't know why people insist that SS or i-frame anything is necessary for roar. Maybe it was outside of NA/EU release, but I promise neutral jump works perfectly against roar.

I generally time it unless it's closer to the end when his aoe's are a little more sporadic.

Doom n Bloom right off the bat after the last aoe and by the time the cooldown timer is at 5-8 seconds you SS + E your cat out and you have enough time to back out of range. Ive never died to blackwyrm from just this simple aoe. Always the double poison pulls.

Archived