Blade Dancer - has anyone made a wind build yet?

Kibun

So I have been looking for builds made by players, but I haven't spotted any out there. Does anyone have one they would be willing to share and maybe go into a little depth of said build?

I'm asking mainly for pve focus although if you have tried pvp with one I'd still be interested.

You wouldn't want to invest skill points in wind for pvp anyway. The real key is just investing points into Wind Focus and your 2 skill to get T3 Multislash creating 3 wind focus so you can immediately use Rolling Typhoon, then invest 2 points in that so that Sunder is fully boosted after every Typhoon and damage is increased. Sunder should have 3 points in the T3S2 version. Then go 3 points in Z for either Whirling Scourge or Flaming Scourge so you can just spam sunder all day long with the chi regen. I personally prefer Whirling Scourge since it regens twice the chi for more spamming. You'll also want 3 points in the ranged 1 skill so you get a lot of chi. That's 15 points.

Then you just dps by pressing 2, F, RMB all day long. If you happen to run out of chi, step back and use 1 or stay where you are and use Z... your 2 will also always guarantee an F for 6 chi. If True Profane procs, you'll just be using sunder all day long. Just be sure not to sunder when you already have 3 wind focus.

Wind is nice with high crit because you can sustain it for so long. It's fairly decent at clearing large groups.

Major problem is lightning outdamages it because you can't animation cancel sunder with anything and most large trash mob pulls are going to be dead by the time you run out of focus using flicker so you really get nothing out of being able to sustain it for longer. And it's much worse at single target damage. It has no real incentive for min-max builds, however it works "well enough" that if you want to run it, nobody will really care/notice.

Archived