Competing for Tank Against a Summoner

SnowyPandas

Being a blademaster, it is recommended that I take agro and tank since it provides me with focus regen.  But what if there is a summoner in the party that spams taunt, causing the agro to ping pong back and forth between me and the cat.  I couldn't find the skill that the cat uses that generate threat, but people call it taunt.  The downside is when I lose agro, it's difficult to find the opportunity to block -> cyclone, making it hard to generate threat without spamming five-point slash or out dpsing everyone else.  So any advice on how to secure agro or should I just let the cat take agro? 

Unless you are constantly losing aggro, the summoner shouldn't be tanking as he loses the cat's dps when doing so. If he is just tanking because he can, then he's either not very good or assuming you're not.

Personally in PUGs, I just dps unless I get aggro or am asked to tank.

You would probably have a hard time taking aggro from the cat as he just curl up and taunt everything In range. If the summoned won't let you tank, you should probably just dps.

Most Summoners in PuGs probably assume that aggro will be unstable and just default to using their cat so the boss stays still. Rightly so, honestly, I pull aggro from PuGs just by rotating between LB-RB on my FM. Not a lot of BMs and KFMs take their aggro skills unless they're asked, even though they perform better while tanking.

If you want to tank, just ask the Summoner to stop using taunt.  I do that during Poh runs since her attack pattern changes when the tank is in melee range and never encounter problems. Just have to give them a nudge.

its Q skill, crouching tiger branch 2nd, the cat will curl and aggro mobs in radius 4 m...

in another word, its instant aggro if the mobs is inside the radius...

--

just ask the summoner to don't use the taunt, then they could invest the skill point to another and go full dps...

6 hours ago, SnowyPandas said:

Being a blademaster, it is recommended that I take agro and tank since it provides me with focus regen.  But what if there is a summoner in the party that spams taunt, causing the agro to ping pong back and forth between me and the cat.  I couldn't find the skill that the cat uses that generate threat, but people call it taunt.  The downside is when I lose agro, it's difficult to find the opportunity to block -> cyclone, making it hard to generate threat without spamming five-point slash or out dpsing everyone else.  So any advice on how to secure agro or should I just let the cat take agro? 

Stop playing in PUGs and find some skilled people to play with .

Archived