A few tips for tag matches

Vecejj

People seem to be completely oblivious thinking tag is simply 1v1, it's not! 

1: Hit ready to tag button, so much times have I been insta switched back in and locked out of tagging for 30 seconds with no def cds or health, do not blame someone for dying when you can't even ready for tag.

2: Do not die with 3 interferes, you have no excuse not to and it can single handedly lose us the game.

3: If they are bursting your ally down and you have an interfere use it! counter tagging is so essential to tag matches, if you wonder how your team mates die to 1v2 instead of tagging to help them it's on you.

4: Don't go yolo just because you have no more interferes left, more come the longer the match lasts and 1 interfere can change a match.

5: Don't say "gg lost" at the start because of your comp or enemy comp, it's demoralising to the other team mates, I won as 3 force masters vs 3 summoners yesterday so anything is possible!

6: Don't waste your interferes, use them in combo with your allies CC chains or use them to save your team mates, do not waste on sins as they can simply vanish.

Any other tips people would like to add?

7: Please counter tag! seriously, if your team mate dies because the entire enemy team chain cc'd them then it's just as much your fault for not counter tagging. it's cool waiting for a decent combo but it's even better saving your team mates.

28 minutes ago, Vecejj said:

7: Please counter tag! seriously, if your team mate dies because the entire enemy team chain cc'd them then it's just as much your fault for not counter tagging. it's cool waiting for a decent combo but it's even better saving your team mates.

The problem I have with this is that if your team mate is getting chain stunned, then interfering will make me spawn on top of him, getting stunned with him, and usually on a spinning berserk destroyer.

13 minutes ago, gewd said:

The problem I have with this is that if your team mate is getting chain stunned, then interfering will make me spawn on top of him, getting stunned with him, and usually on a spinning berserk destroyer.

But you can pop a skill to break CC, it's more than likely he is getting chain cc'd because he blew his def cd's and is trying to tag.

8. communicate. everyone's got a class or two they can't stand (especially if you use different skill loadouts depending on the matchup). let your team know who you wanna avoid, ask who they'd like to. decide favorable matchups, get a feel for when they'd like you to intercept and give an idea of what to expect when you do.

9. it should be common sense, but get out when you burn your CDs. the amount of rambos I've seen who seem to be legitimately good players, but who stay until they're down to 20% milking their first turn is ridiculous. I'm not saying you should swap constantly, but if you've used all your CC breaks, your big damage CDs, and are maybe chi starved, theres no shame in tagging out.

Archived