Destroyers Damage

Jyri

They really need to do something about destroyers damage.

For example

I almost killed this one destroyer and all he had to do was grab me and make my fully hp goes to 0 in just 1 full combo, is it a combo? not even a combo.

at least with blade dancer you have to do a certain things, wait not even blade dancers can just make your hp goes to zero in one full swoop, they can do combo but you have a better chance of breaking that combo than with this destroyer skill, i mean even if it took half my hp i wouldn't complain, but seriously? they just have this one move that decide the outcome of the entire fight ?

...you just need to learn how to play against us not the classes fault you don't know your counters and the ability to escape them.  destroyer is slow we are not fast  the reasons destroyers do "so much damage" in a fre swings is to make up for the attack speed. Also... You can get out of that what are you even pmaying as or doing? Also the fact that naturally if someone carries a unrealistically big ass axe and stands to be sometimes 10ft tall like a giant that takes alot of weight around that can cleave people in half  that's a giant to carry around would you not conclude that it's gonna hurt a bit more?  Theb say Getting stabbed by a tiny dagger that pierces you multiple times, a katana that cuts well, pummeling by  by bladed  fists to death or having your arm or torso ripped off by one swing cutting through bone by a huge axe that can take along with along with it a persins spine intestines and possibly everything else with it?  With just a. Few bone crushing swings of unrealistic weight put behind it? Me I'll say the axe is gonna hurt more because the way they look ingame and the way the attack animations are made to seem to have alot of force put behind each swing of the axe seemd to take alot lf force to swing the axe. Heck in order to play destroyer you basically have to play giant super fit humanoid like giants who crushes  tihng's. The reason ya can't be a destoryer for any other race is because they can't handle carrying such a riddiculousky heavy weapon just be the sheer size and weight of it. I used to complain about the race lock but now I see why they did that no one else can carry such a damn big weapon and be successful with it!

1 hour ago, Jyri said:

They really need to do something about destroyers damage.

For example

I almost killed this one destroyer and all he had to do was grab me and make my fully hp goes to 0 in just 1 full combo, is it a combo? not even a combo.

at least with blade dancer you have to do a certain things, wait not even blade dancers can just make your hp goes to zero in one full swoop, they can do combo but you have a better chance of breaking that combo than with this destroyer skill, i mean even if it took half my hp i wouldn't complain, but seriously? they just have this one move that decide the outcome of the entire fight ?

You're in the Arena forum, so no grab combo is doing to do jack to you, per se -- Piledriver is ~7% of an opponent's health in a one-off hit. What you must have been hit by is Judgment-Cleave animation cancel, which is decidedly broken, though not as you might think. Only players in the area of the servers (Texas) are able to fully maximize the damage from that attack, but it's going to comprise about 60% of a Destroyer's damage at higher levels of play. That combination will melt a player's health bar in 3-4 seconds, and is highly Focus-efficient to boot. It's also vastly more damaging than the alternative (Eradicate). Playing Destroyer without spazhammer is quite impossible -- even if you don't have Fury for the automatic critical hits, you rely on that skill for damage since it can apply two hits before counter even appears after Power Slam. Playing against Destroyer, much like playing against BD, is heavily dependent on holding onto your major CC break at all costs since the class can deliver 40-60% of your health bar in one unavoidable combination if you don't have the interrupt. You still shouldn't be getting wasted 100-0 under CC by the Destroyer either way, though -- he had to have been giving you another shot at counter somewhere.

I am of the opinion that spazhammer should be removed entirely, since it's bad game design. However, its larger issue right now is that it makes Destroyer comparatively unplayable for many players and functionally unbalanceable due to the insane percentage of damage locked behind that ability.

5 minutes ago, Gamemako said:

You're in the Arena forum, so no grab combo is doing to do jack to you, per se -- Piledriver is ~7% of an opponent's health in a one-off hit. What you must have been hit by is Judgment-Cleave animation cancel, which is decidedly broken, though not as you might think. Only players in the area of the servers (Texas) are able to fully maximize the damage from that attack, but it's going to comprise about 60% of a Destroyer's damage at higher levels of play. That combination will melt a player's health bar in 3-4 seconds, and is highly Focus-efficient to boot. It's also vastly more damaging than the alternative (Eradicate). Playing Destroyer without spazhammer is quite impossible -- even if you don't have Fury for the automatic critical hits, you rely on that skill for damage since it can apply two hits before counter even appears after Power Slam. Playing against Destroyer, much like playing agaohinst BD, is heavily dependent on holding onto your major CC break at all costs since the class can deliver 40-60% of your health bar in one unavoidable combination if you don't have the interrupt. You still shouldn't be getting wasted 100-0 under CC by the Destroyer either way, though -- he had to have been giving you another shot at counter somewhere.

I am of the opinion that spazhammer should be removed entirely, since it's bad game design. However, its larger issue right now is that it makes Destroyer comparatively unplayable for many players and functionally unbalanceable due to the insane percentage of damage locked behind that ability.

oh I see, I wasn't sure which skill they were using because this is my second week of playing and I am not too familiar with that class yet, thank you for explaining. I was just a little frustrated about it. I had high assurance of my win I only had like one more combo to do, and then I was locked in and was being hammered and all my hp went away.

32 minutes ago, Jyri said:

oh I see, I wasn't sure which skill they were using because this is my second week of playing and I am not too familiar with that class yet, thank you for explaining. I was just a little frustrated about it. I had high assurance of my win I only had like one more combo to do, and then I was locked in and was being hammered and all my hp went away.

Also if we have a red aura around us, just run or cc us. Fury WILL hurt you and out right kill you in 6 seconds (that's the duration) if you waste all of your escapes/cc.

Archived