Namechange voucher broke my character's name.

Sheela

Edit: I've renamed the topic and after getting some updated from tickets, I wanted to toss something at the top here. I bought a namechange voucher to add a space to my name because originally I didn't know that you could have them and it was bugging me a lot and taking away from my enjoyment of my character. Friends made jokes about it and whatnot, and I just really wanted it changed. 

Evidently, they count names as the same whether the have spaces or not. So using the name change voucher, even though it didn't work, locked out both of these names and now I'm stuck with the name for a year before I can get it change, and I can only get it changed by a GM.

The year lockout is INCREDIBLY upsetting, and if there was any way to override this, I'm begging it to happen or for this to be changed in the coding. This is a ridiculous issue to have. And it's really upsetting that I bought an item to use it for it's intended purpose only to be shot in the foot by it. It's not fair.  

-----

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this or not. I sent in a ticket about it and they told me to post on forums about it, so here I am.

I purchased a name change soon after I started. I originally didn't know that you could have spaces and when I found out, I felt like an idiot. So I got a name change after checking that the name was available. 

Imagine my surprise when I go to use it and it gives me an error saying the name isn't available, and when I sent in a ticket about it they said it was locked out and they couldn't do anything about it. This really upset me. They ended up giving me a refund after a few days of waiting but that doesn't make me any less upset when I see my name, I feel stupid whenever I see it and it doesn't follow my naming convention with my other characters as a result. 

I replied to my ticket asking if the name would ever be available or if there was any sort of ETA. This was the response I got. 

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Unfortunately, Game Support doesn't have any information regarding your concern.

If you wish to make as it as a feedback. Please feel free to post on our forum. Which I've linked for you below:

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/en/?

The developers are reading that forum thread constantly. If you can, please go there and submit any feedback that you have.

Thanks for helping to make Blade and Soul great!

Kind Regards,

Mhornie
NCSOFT Support Team

Which is perfectly understandable. But it's also why I'm here! So, devs, will I ever be able to have a space in my name? :C I mean, I'm willing to pay for it again in the future if my name get's freed, I'm not really sure why it's taken, it's literally the name I already have with a space in it and no one else has it. 

32 minutes ago, Toshiwoshi said:

Probably someone already uses the name you want to have, so there's nothing you can do about it.

Except I checked ahead of time and again after. No one does.

Edit: It's also really obscure and has a space in it at that so that's not really a high probability. And if it was that simple, support would have said that it was taken. They didn't say that, they said it was locked out and they didn't know why. Hence the post.

I'm replied to my ticket asking to be escalated to a supervisor after someone else suggested this for another issue. I don't have very high hopes for it, but I figured it was worth a try. 

I think that support saying they basically don't know what's wrong and telling me to post on forums in hopes that a dev will see and respond is really poor management when all I want to do is throw money at the game and change my name. :T

Update:

I just got a ticket response but I'm not really pleased about it.

GM Jv (Blade and Soul)

Feb 6, 23:09

Hello,

We sincerely apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

We have reviewed your concern and upon further investigation, your character name that has been changed from NameRedacted into Name Redacted using a name change voucher. 
We would like to inform you that the names "NameRedacted" and "Name Redacted", our system consider names with or without space as one.
Unfortunately, any items that are used or consumed are not refundable. 

If you still have any concern, please contact us again.

Regards,

GM Jv
NCSOFT Support Team

I asked them to clarify because I wasn't sure what was going on and I got this. 

GM Jv (Blade and Soul)

Feb 6, 23:22

Hi there,

Sorry if I forgot to mention that after you have used the name change voucher, the name NameRedacted or Name Redacted is locked down for 1 year. Thus, Supports are unable to manually rename your character due to name change voucher feature and this is intended by our developers. I hope this clarifies your concern.

If you any more questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

GM Jv
NCSOFT Support Team

So evidently, even if they fail, the namechange vouchers lock out names for an entire year and I won't be able to get a namechange as a result, because they count them as the same name. I guess that'd be something in the coding. So I wasted my money because this wasn't mentioned anywhere, got a refund that I didn't really care for because I still wanted my name changed, only to be told that I can't because that's the intended function of the voucher?

Please, Devs, if you see this, I'm begging you, find some way to override this so I can get my name changed properly, I redacted my character name here because I'm paranoid (I had accidentally left it in and had to edit it out so mods and I assume devs can see previous versions of posts anyway) but if there's any way that this could be fixed, I'd be a life-long player/customer. This is really upsetting. 

Archived