KFM and 3RF

Okaaru

I thought we were kung fu masters but it turns out we are just kung fu macros. (ok it's not really a macro but it might as will be)

As I get better at PvP in this game and add in the repitoire of 3rf, what's really the point to playing a KFM in arena when all we do is pull off 3rf? Is there really no other way?

Granted it's better then the destroyer spinning but just a little better. I just see this as spamming just like them. It's not really skill. You guys can use rhythm as an excuse if that floats your boat.

I'm not the best at PvP yet in this game because unlike the other moochers who migrated from other servers I don't have years of advantage but I've watch videos of better players and it just makes the PvP dull. Will PvP get any more exciting then that? I enjoy good PvP not same old boredom 1,2,1,2,1,2. Any enlightenment?

1 hour ago, Okaaru said:

I thought we were kung fu masters but it turns out we are just kung fu macros. (ok it's not really a macro but it might as will be)

As I get better at PvP in this game and add in the repitoire of 3rf, what's really the point to playing a KFM in arena when all we do is pull off 3rf? Is there really no other way?

Granted it's better then the destroyer spinning but just a little better. I just see this as spamming just like them. It's not really skill. You guys can use rhythm as an excuse if that floats your boat.

I'm not the best at PvP yet in this game because unlike the other moochers who migrated from other servers I don't have years of advantage but I've watch videos of better players and it just makes the PvP dull. Will PvP get any more exciting then that? I enjoy good PvP not same old boredom 1,2,1,2,1,2. Any enlightenment?

If you wanna win on arena: just pick BM/BD/KFM and spam some skills. I promise you - you get easy platina after 40 min. of arena!

Say NO to balance (C) NCSoft

I hit gold yesterday with a sub-40 KFM and haven't used 3rf a single time, so it's probably not entirely necessary. I literally started PvP like a week ago so experience in this case is not an excuse outside of general game experience (with other fighting games that is).

Either way it's a single element of your kit that using properly in conjunction with the other elements of your kit will make you do better, and it's probably our best damage combo. It's not like it's super spammable since you need to get stuns/dazes off and play mindgames properly to do it, and it doesn't make you instantly OP (I'd suspect learning it boosts your win chances by maybe a percent or two, which is why I haven't bothered with it yet since I have higher priorities to learn).

If all you're doing is fishing for a stunlock to get off your 3rf any good player will take advantage of you.

Edit: Before anyone says it, I know hitting gold isn't particularly good, my point is solely that it is at least in midrange levels of play possible to not use 3rf.

there are definitely more styles than just stun-lock 3RF, some of them are actually better against some classes. For me personally, keeping 3rf in my skillset and combining it with other things to keep my enemy on their toes works best so far. Of course, you need a higher level for enough skillpoints for that. That's from a lvl 41, rank 1730 though, so take it with a grain of salt. ^_^'

11 hours ago, Okaaru said:

Something tells me you're having trouble pulling it off and as a result you are frustrated and want it removed so you don't feel obligated. I mean... if you are "spamming" the keys like you say, it's not going to work out. 

In any case, you could just spam shin kick, use grapple builds, learn the searing palm combo (I've seen Shiro-chan do it in a few of her videos), or come up with something of your own and still perform well. You could then boast about not even using 3rf and insult all the other KFMs as "spammers" like you did above. 

you are a good one player or a lucky one player then!!!

i know ewverything about 3rf combo and how to use it

but i cannot chain well 3rf in reality!!

i watched streams, video about timing and memorized the rithm... nothing works. sometimes i see only 3r sometimes only 3f sometimes only f..

i undestand ping etc..but really..

11 hours ago, Okaaru said:

No. 3RF is not 100% necessary.. it's just the most widely accepted KFM arena combo/build. There's also grapple and air combo builds. The only reason 3RF is more widely accepted is because you can finish your opponent off faster using the CC chain/3RF combo.

I'd like to see you effectively launch the CC chain/3RF combo while spamming.

Thanks for the input guys. I don't discriminate against good and bad response but I'll probably come back and try something new when it updates.

That way I have more skills at my options to chose from and try other stuff like suggested.

I'll admit it was hard at first to use it but a couple key binding change and it becomes peaches and cream.

I'm not here to boast about anything. I just like PvP to not get dull over time. After a while every class gets predictable. Especially with not a lot of skill variations.

And I won't apologize for calling it spamming because it is. Spamming is doing the same thing over and over. Rhythmic or not. If you get butt-hurt over that then meh.

Until then enjoy your PvPs guys/girls and have fun.

Well really, the combo isn't spamming (by your definition) 3 > R > F. The combo is more along the lines of..(insert CC to initiate the chain, usually Triple Kick or C + 4) > 3 > R > F > 3 > V > F > 3 > X > F > 3 > R > F > 3 > R > F > 3 > R > F > Z > 3 > R > F > 3 > R > F > RMB > R > R

Archived