Lunacik

6 hours ago, Victorion said:

While I enjoy a good discussion - I kind of lose interest when it the discussion turns into a petty smacktalk, personal attacks and labels. I have no interest in flame threads.

I´ve clearly stated my point.

• The game is designed and promoted around PvP.
  • Reviews clearly warns that some players may not enjoy the pvp-heavy content.
  • Faction quests are PvP quests

Bottomline. If you don´t enjoy this type of game - then don´t play it.

If you enjoy the pve part of the game, then play that part.

If you accept to partake in a pvp-quest or any pvp-related content - then don´t expect that you have any rights to complain about being killed by another player - regardless of how unfair you may think the odds are, as long as it´s within the rules.

It should come as no surprise, that once you put on a PvP-dobok - you´re flagging for PvP. The description of the costume even clearly states it.

Good luck ~

Is that a GIT GUD  ? because that sounds like one, let's be honest this game OWPVP is shit, because the community is cancer, they like to grief other players because is fun and because this game has nothing more to offer, if  the Soulstones wouldn't be mostly PVP reward I and many other players would not even bother to  pvp. 

14 hours ago, Lunacik said:

I already solved the personal problem by quitting the game anyways (due to this and the player community) , I don't need to deal with the cesspool of mentally unhealthy and incompetent people who evidently swarm MMO games. (Now I know.)

Good, *cricket* off.

I don´t think the community is bad. My expectations may not be the same as yours.

Recently I´ve been pleasantly surprised to find some trusty friends ingame. Whenever I do dungeons, I ask the leader to randomly pass leader to another person - that minimizes the risk of pre-planned ninjalooting - and the majority of players do it without a second question. That´s an example of dealing with the ninjaloot-problem while we´re waiting for NCsoft to implement a more idiot-proof solution.

If you don´t like PvP - either join a less PvP-focused game or skip the PvP part. Nobody is forcing you to do PvP quest. Even though playing BnS without PvP is like only playing half the game - it´s possible and doable. Again nobody is forcing you to partake in the PvP part.

In all fairness though - you´re forcing alot of forum members to listen to your unreasonable complaints.

Imagine a heavy-weight boxer joining a mixed martial arts tournament - and then crying out "No kicking in the head - that´s not how I enjoy fights."

What type of response do you expect?

Excactly the same as OZGlitch and many others in this thread gave you.

I was actually going to reply and join in the conversation until I and everyone else that plays the game was labelled as mentally unhealthy and incompetent.

Maybe you (Lunacik) lack competence with gaming, and should focus on real life goals where you have "more control" over the people around you.

There's literally no reason other than "fortehlulz" to do OWPvP, no rewards, no titles, absolutely nothing. The quests other than one of them are all object/npc related and give no rewards for actual PvP. More often than not I'll see an opposite faction player and we literally gather what we need to right next to each other and never attack. Maybe if after ten kills (Of players within 3 levels of you) there was some sort of rng reward chest, I might bother with OWPvP.

11 minutes ago, Ryiox said:

There's literally no reason other than "fortehlulz" to do OWPvP, no rewards, no titles, absolutely nothing. The quests other than one of them are all object/npc related and give no rewards for actual PvP. More often than not I'll see an opposite faction player and we literally gather what we need to right next to each other and never attack. Maybe if after ten kills (Of players within 3 levels of you) there was some sort of rng reward chest, I might bother with OWPvP.

The beautiful real-time-battle system with combos, dodges and counters are wasted on ai-controlled mobs though. That alone is plenty of reason to do it for me.

There´s basically no real penalty for dying - unless you´re the type of person that takes it personally everytime you get killed.

Like OZGlitch says; some people needs to adjust their pvp-attitude to a more healty one - rather than dumb this game down further to make it total pve.

At the moment, this game is already overly protective of players who don´t want to PvP.

I come from an MMO where grieving grinding players was a leagueduty and accepted by all. I´ve seen and killed rivalling leaguemembers more than 60 times an hour (the very same players) - everytime seeing them going back to grind a few mobs more in a hidden corner till they were found and killed again. Rarely with any complaints at all. That was a game that lasted almost 10 years and today alot of the players that I fought for years, became good friends and some of us still have contact outside the game today.

We´ll reminiscence upon old days, where we´d be ganged up by 5-15 players at a time and had the most fun any game could provide.

Here´s an old video of me being chased by at around 10 other players. I was the masked nuker without a name with the bright-glowing bracers.

Crappy resolution, but I didn´t record it either :D

Anyways, the my point is. This game has no pvp-grieving at all to my standards. If anything, I´d like to see maps you only can enter with pvp-dobok on, and get booted from if you take it off. People fighting over bosses and and map control. Smaller leagues joining together to challenge the dominating ones. Alt-characters for the sole-purpose of spying inside the rivaling clans etc.

Yeah some of us, really enjoy that part :)

35 minutes ago, Victorion said:

The beautiful real-time-battle system with combos, dodges and counters are wasted on ai-controlled mobs though. That alone is plenty of reason to do it for me.

There´s basically no real penalty for dying - unless you´re the type of person that takes it personally everytime you get killed.

Like OZGlitch says; some people needs to adjust their pvp-attitude to a more healty one - rather than dumb this game down further to make it total pve.

At the moment, this game is already overly protective of players who don´t want to PvP.

I come from an MMO where grieving grinding players was a leagueduty and accepted by all. I´ve seen and killed rivalling leaguemembers more than 60 times an hour (the very same players) - everytime seeing them going back to grind a few mobs more in a hidden corner till they were found and killed again. Rarely with any complaints at all. That was a game that lasted almost 10 years and today alot of the players that I fought for years, became good friends and some of us still have contact outside the game today.

We´ll reminiscence upon old days, where we´d be ganged up by 5-15 players at a time and had the most fun any game could provide.

Here´s an old video of me being chased by at around 10 other players. I was the masked nuker without a name with the bright-glowing bracers.

Crappy resolution, but I didn´t record it either :D

Anyways, the my point is. This game has no pvp-grieving at all to my standards. If anything, I´d like to see maps you only can enter with pvp-dobok on, and get booted from if you take it off. People fighting over bosses and and map control. Smaller leagues joining together to challenge the dominating ones. Alt-characters for the sole-purpose of spying inside the rivaling clans etc.

Yeah some of us, really enjoy that part :)

9Dragons has to be the worst owPvP and PvP game, it was literally full of exploiters, hackers, cheaters,  the only game where in a safezone you could have been killed and could not fight back, because f**k logic, the most unbalanced pice of cra* game ever where being a nuker meant insta kill, a cancerous community with the most cancerous publisher ever that f.ed all players in their ass  when they closed shop,  after that G1 milked it for a while, than that  game died,   I am one of those pvp tards that liked to PK just for sport, and did it with a healer on top of that,  one of the most   mistreated, ignored and  nerfed class in that game.  

But keep in mind one thing even if the PVE servers had a PvP channel, you could skip  the pvp, because BE could be farmed outside PvP, while Ss is 99% pvp.

edit: it also lasted this long because at that time there weren't too many good alternatives, in eu and na.,  also the grind in that game was painfull, I actually did my first robot out of chopsticks and an old cd-rom unit for skill traning :))

36 minutes ago, syrusstk said:

9Dragons has to be the worst owPvP and PvP game, it was literally full of exploiters, hackers, cheaters,  the only game where in a safezone you could have been killed and could not fight back, because f**k logic, the most unbalanced pice of cra* game ever where being a nuker meant insta kill, a cancerous community with the most cancerous publisher ever that f.ed all players in their ass  when they closed shop,  after that G1 milked it for a while, than that  game died,   I am one of those pvp tards that liked to PK just for sport, and did it with a healer on top of that,  one of the most   mistreated, ignored and  nerfed class in that game.  

But keep in mind one thing even if the PVE servers had a PvP channel, you could skip  the pvp, because BE could be farmed outside PvP, while Ss is 99% pvp.

edit: it also lasted this long because at that time there weren't too many good alternatives, in eu and na.,  also the grind in that game was painfull, I actually did my first robot for skill traning :))

I left the game for priority of work and family before it got as rotten as you describe. Basically it got worst with the new publisher.

Safezone killing was normal and carried a huge penalty for the attacker, but none for the attacked person - which could fight back within the safezone and not get a penalty for killing a safezone breaker. If you played 9Dragons by more than a couple of months on either Bardo server or Asura, you´d most likely know of my name and leagues. But I am guessing you were on the NA PVE server which I never played.

Anyways 9D was a great game. I have alot of friends from back then, playing all the roles with the mains being nuker and hybrid. I think the I quit during G1 before GamersFirst took over. I was the first to cap on the new re-start on all 3 servers on the PvP server with my korean league Hwa-Rang. I remember hunting and killing GMs with my league - tons of fun too. One of the few games where you are allowed and able to kill GM characters. True PvP servers, where even GMs aren´t shy for laying down once in a while.

Basically my league and our top rivalling league quit together, because of an unfair ban. It was during a leveling contest where my league had made a character to level-race, and there was doubts about the legitness of the superfast leveling.

We provided videos and clear explanation of how we had archieved neverseenbefore damage and leveling speeds - that shocked the rest of 9D community and cleared our innocence. However due to some stubborn GM, the descision still stuck to ban one of our members, that lead to 9Ds falldown.

The community lost 60-70% of its most hardcore premium members. In fact one of my teammembers were a from a rich family who spent more than $15.000 during a single year on the itemmall. Yes 15K USD.

3 minutes ago, Victorion said:

I left the game for priority of work and family before it got as rotten as you describe. Basically it got worst with the new publisher.

Safezone killing was normal and carried a huge penalty for the attacker, but none for the attacked person - which could fight back within the safezone and not get a penalty for killing a safezone breaker. If you played 9Dragons by more than a couple of months on either Bardo server or Asura, you´d most likely know of my name and leagues. But I am guessing you were on the NA PVE server which I never played.

Anyways 9D was a great game. I have alot of friends from back then, playing all the roles with the mains being nuker and hybrid. I think the I quit during G1 before GamersFirst took over. I was the first to cap on the new re-start on all 3 servers on the PvP server with my korean league Hwa-Rang. I remember hunting and killing GMs with my league - tons of fun too. One of the few games where you are allowed and able to kill GM characters. True PvP servers, where even GMs aren´t shy for laying down once in a while.

Well safezone killing was not normal when nobody could kill  a naked player :))  that was clearly someone using a cheat, especially when we all know that Game guard was hacked  :))  for a long time before someone shared it on pvpe forum. 
G1  was a shortcut in writing for GamersFirst,  I don't know your name league, I can't even remember  the league I was on :)), I am 80% sure I was playing on Bardo can't really remember. Also played under Acclaim for 2 years   quitted after they   f-ed all my hard work,  also  had a nuker and a healer, healer was my main, my nuker was my lazy man pvp :)). 

Also if I rember corecly that GM event was actually a VGM  event, where the VGM  hunted your arse :)) during a xp event  fun times don't remember what VGM was  but she was running  after me  and she didn't see the large group gathering  behinde her she was literally gang r .  Also  a common occurance on that event, oh a VGM alt+f4  log back to xp grinding.

Can't deny  it was a fun game, but the unbalance the greediness of acclaim  and the rotten community  made it a really unfun, 

I have the same experience of owPVP as the OP. I'm new at this game, levelling my first toon and doing the quests as they are presented to me. PvP quests are a part of the "tutorial"  quests, meant to teach you about PvP, and are given to  as you progress through each area. Every time I've tried to do one of them, I have had to sit through, 3 or 4 deaths at the hands of level 45 gankers. I mean, they were even camping bamboo village, slaughtering me while I was level 5. Then I wait around for a while, switch channels a few times and usually I can get the quest and get out.

I don't think it should be "impossible" to gank newbies, but I think there should be incentives to PvP around you own level. Make an honor system, where if you kill someone close to or above your own level you get reknown/honor points for accomplishing something, whereas if you only kill newbies and people of way lower level, the system will deduct honor points. Now if you could buy something like costumes with those, then voila, problem solved. Griefers can still grief, but they have an incentive to play nice.

Also, to the guys saying "then don't PvP until you're level 45", that's just not a very good answer. Clearly the OP wants to PvP and have fun with it, but he's frustrated that the game doesn't allow him to do so, because of the level mismatch. Saying "the don't do it" doesn't solve his problem at all, it merely serves to troll him further that he's already been trolled by the gankers. Shame on you.

@AuroraNox

An honor system would be a great idea.

An easy way to spot levels would be too, preferably with coloured names. Most of the time, I see a red player - I´ll just attack and kill as I have the advantage of first attack this way. I can´t be bothered to look up level difference unless its very easy.

@syrusstk

During Acclaim, it was Bardo (EUpve) Asura (USpvp)  and Nirvana (USpve).

I made my first chars on Bardo. BoT Hybrid named Victorion and a HD Nuker named Victorious. - "Victorion" was the first char to kill general wei outside the goldsellers, and the first char to kill them all and claim the boss. Victorious was the char in the video above - able to solo 20 players with 15 stacks of 255xginsing XD.

I started in StorM_RiderS, then shortly after created the League LEGENDS  with Victorion with HeavenlyTaiping and 3 other clans. The name dissappeared when I switched servers and was named HeavenlyTaiping afterwards.

Switched servers with new HD nuker named Yoona and joined GogoRyeo that later was renamed Hwa-Rang. Purely korean league.

During this time I also created a bardo alt league named OMGLASERGUNPEWPEW, with the subclans named OMGKITTENSMEWMEW  and KittensWithLasersPewMew

Then we had G1 (GamersFirst) which I played to levelcap . G1 Yin: Joined [Hwa]-[Rang] with [K]Yoona[K] LoB hybrid. Quit Yin, and played Yang server - which I quit shortly after reaching HM12 as the first char on all 3 servers. Afterwards I heard it was going downhill with hacks and GameCampus as new publisher.

I hope it awakens some good old memories with you, as it does it with me ~

3 hours ago, Victorion said:

----

While I enjoy PvP, why bother with OWPvP when you could just 1v1 someone in an arena without anyone else interfering? I played OG PvP back on Eq2 when the first PvP server launched. In that game if you got caught with your money on you and someone killed you, it was all gone. There were titles so you could tell who was amazing and who wasn't, rewards too for those who were the best. I have yet to play a game with better open-world PvP than EQ2 before the TSO expac. I can tell you right now that compared to that kind of OWPvP, this game is lacking severely as far as OWPvP is concerned. If you think 1v1 stun locks are bad, enjoy a mob of people stunning you forever so that you can get absolutely nothing from the encounter, win or lose. Maybe it's just me, but I don't enjoy partaking in OWPvP that has absolutely no risk or reward. It makes the entire experience into a dull encounter in which neither person really cares other than for bragging rights.

8 minutes ago, Ryiox said:

While I enjoy PvP, why bother with OWPvP when you could just 1v1 someone in an arena without anyone else interfering? I played OG PvP back on Eq2 when the first PvP server launched. In that game if you got caught with your money on you and someone killed you, it was all gone. There were titles so you could tell who was amazing and who wasn't, rewards too for those who were the best. I have yet to play a game with better open-world PvP than EQ2 before the TSO expac. I can tell you right now that compared to that kind of OWPvP, this game is lacking severely as far as OWPvP is concerned. If you think 1v1 stun locks are bad, enjoy a mob of people stunning you forever so that you can get absolutely nothing from the encounter, win or lose. Maybe it's just me, but I don't enjoy partaking in OWPvP that has absolutely no risk or reward. It makes the entire experience into a dull encounter in which neither person really cares other than for bragging rights.

I think duels and open world pvp are very different things. I don´t really like to compare the 2.

I enjoy both - mainly open world pvp, however I am inclined to agree with you that there´s not enough reward for open pvp in BnS. Not enough risks either. (cant really have one without another).

That´s why I stated I´d love to see specific pvp maps, you were pvp is enabled for all players at all times, with higher risk and rewards.

You should try fighting 3-5+ 45s at 45. :\

That aside, 45s do go back to do all their dailies, I know I do. I don't usually attack lower levels with the only exceptions being "i'm really angry and fed up right now" or "*cricket* X faction right now, they've given me to much *cricket*ing trouble."

The best things you can do to avoid this situation is to either switch channels or get to level 45.

On 2/5/2016 at 2:52 AM, Victorion said:

In all fairness though - you´re forcing alot of forum members to listen to your unreasonable complaints.

I didn't force anyone to do anything. Nobody has to read a word I say. It's all voluntary. If someone thinks I'm 'complaining' (in the negative connotation rather than the formal appeal) then why are they wasting their time responding even? Some of us still think this is a legitimate problem and obviously not everyone agrees. Maturely disagree and move on.

A few people came along and 'trolled' (I think that term is used way too loosely these days), and I overreacted in response to them bc I struggle with anger due to hormone issues. I should have ignored them and maturely disagreed myself as well, I was immature too. It's that simple.

3 hours ago, Lunacik said:

I didn't force anyone to do anything. Nobody has to read a word I say. It's all voluntary. If someone thinks I'm 'complaining' (in the negative connotation rather than the formal appeal) then why are they wasting their time responding even? Some of us still think this is a legitimate problem and obviously not everyone agrees. Maturely disagree and move on.

So who´s forcing you to put on the PvP-Dobok and do PvP-quests?

And are you even aware that there´s a daily faction quest that completes when you kill 10 other players, ranked 9 or higher?

So, when you reach that quest, are you going to ask for an optional quest completion, like "wave happily to 10 other players"?

3 hours ago, Victorion said:

So who´s forcing you to put on the PvP-Dobok and do PvP-quests?

And are you even aware that there´s a daily faction quest that completes when you kill 10 other players, ranked 9 or higher?

So, when you reach that quest, are you going to ask for an optional quest completion, like "wave happily to 10 other players"?

I'm sorry, I'm not acquiesced to continue this discussion at this time. Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, Victorion said:

Most people losing their grounds are. Have fun with your new game. (You did quit this one, yeah?)

I'm sorry, I'm not acquiesced to continue this discussion at this time. Have a nice day.

On 2/6/2016 at 8:35 PM, Riv said:

You should try fighting 3-5+ 45s at 45. :\

That aside, 45s do go back to do all their dailies, I know I do. I don't usually attack lower levels with the only exceptions being "i'm really angry and fed up right now" or "*cricket* X faction right now, they've given me to much *cricket*ing trouble."

The best things you can do to avoid this situation is to either switch channels or get to level 45.

Yeah, I'll probably just have to make due with partially functional solutions. Nothing would probably be implemented without the topic getting massive attention. I think it's a dumb move on their part to have it set up like this anyways...from a business perspective. There are several very small and virtually effortless things they could implement to broaden the diversity of this game, thus appealing to more players and therefore making more profit.

In short: My point is that "Open World" PVP too easily turns into "Open Troll" PVP and it's crazy to me that they don't have some sort of preventative or counter measure. Sometimes the trolls hunt you down on other channels. I have experienced this.

Me personally...there are times when I'm not in the mood for it and I want to be left alone and get my dailies done without being bothered, but for the most part I enjoy PVP. I enjoy a challenge, too. I like having to watch my back as I'm leveling (sometimes); it makes gameplay more exciting and intense than the incessant grinding or questing which is enough to put me to sleep. I don't mind dying, I'm not someone who makes a big ordeal of it...heck, I don't even get upset when a 45 kills me a time or two. I've laughed about it a few times.

I just would like to be able to play fairly, and to progress without the hassle of some jerkwad high lv tracking low lv people down and deliberately going to every channel in that area while people are trying to play. If all I have that day is say, an hour, then they've screwed me out of what I wanted to do in the game during that time. Sometimes it also ruins PVP by creating unfair odds. I guess I could wait to get to lv 45 but grinding all the way up until then seems unnecessary to me when they could incorporate something so small and simple, you know? I'd be satisfied to even just be able to simply block them. NCSoft has had years of experience with Blade & Soul, I'm surprised they don't already have something to address it to be honest.

15 hours ago, Lunacik said:

Yeah, I'll probably just have to make due with partially functional solutions. Nothing would probably be implemented without the topic getting massive attention. I think it's a dumb move on their part to have it set up like this anyways...from a business perspective.

1. Nothing is going to be implemented

2. This is how it has been (since the game launched in KR and other regions) and always will be in Blade & Soul

3. Deal with it or move on to another game.

4 hours ago, Roxefeller said:

1. Nothing is going to be implemented

2. This is how it has been (since the game launched in KR and other regions) and always will be in Blade & Soul

3. Deal with it or move on to another game.

14 minutes ago, Lunacik said:

How cute. Holding your breath until you get what you want. I hate(not really) to burst your bubble, but you're not going to get what you want. Kindly move along to a new game as you won't accomplish anything here.

Archived