Mushin Server Open PVP Problem

Nileyecha

5kwk5nU.png?1

Do i need to say more?

This Problem exists for some time now but in todays Patch they took every hope i had left for Crimson. Before the recent Patch we had 14 to 16 Channel so we Crimsons were able to find atleast one free Channel to Farm Insignias but now we are left with 6. That means only Ceruleans are able to farm anything and the gamebalance breaks appart (at least what is left to break).

To not just cry about it I came up with some Options to fix that problem.

1. Give people something for changing from Cerulean to Crimson until both sides are even. (e.g. Gold or Cashshop Items ...)

2. Force Guilds from Cerulean to Crimson until both sides are even. (easy way but not nice)

3. Give Crimson other options to farm Insignias, Blakwyrm etc. (e.g. 1 Channel only for Crimson)

4. Make a better system for equal sides and force everyone out of theire faction so have to decide again. (also very easy but not nice)

5. I think there are much more options but these are all i could find so far.

1 hour ago, Nileyecha said:

5kwk5nU.png?1

Do i need to say more?

This Problem exists for some time now but in todays Patch they took every hope i had left for Crimson. Before the recent Patch we had 14 to 16 Channel so we Crimsons were able to find atleast one free Channel to Farm Insignias but now we are left with 6. That means only Ceruleans are able to farm anything and the gamebalance breaks appart (at least what is left to break).

To not just cry about it I came up with some Options to fix that problem.

1. Give people something for changing from Cerulean to Crimson until both sides are even. (e.g. Gold or Cashshop Items ...)

2. Force Guilds from Cerulean to Crimson until both sides are even. (easy way but not nice)

3. Give Crimson other options to farm Insignias, Blakwyrm etc. (e.g. 1 Channel only for Crimson)

4. Make a better system for equal sides and force everyone out of theire faction so have to decide again. (also very easy but not nice)

5. I think there are much more options but these are all i could find so far.

You do realize that your suggestions are enormously flawed.. right?

1. Players will abuse this system and everyone will transfer just to get free gold/items.. guess what? now there's an imbalance in the opposite direction. They will have to re-issue the incentive for switching to the other faction.. Players will transfer just to get free gold/items again. Perpetual imbalance and abuse of a poorly thought out solution.

2. Do you think these ideas through? Forcing anyone to do anything because YOU chose a faction that has a lack of representation in owPvP is just downright idiocy. You're going to blame people for wanting to switch factions to one that actually has players wanting to owPvP? The problem does not lie in one faction having more representation. It lies in the majority of your faction not wanting to participate.

3. Communicate with your faction. Claim a channel. This is already in practice.

4. Refer to #2

5. If this is what you can come up with, I can't wait to see what absurdities you suggest later.

1 hour ago, Roxefeller said:

You do realize that your suggestions are enormously flawed.. right?

1. Players will abuse this system and everyone will transfer just to get free gold/items.. guess what? now there's an imbalance in the opposite direction. They will have to re-issue the incentive for switching to the other faction.. Players will transfer just to get free gold/items again. Perpetual imbalance and abuse of a poorly thought out solution.

2. Do you think these ideas through? Forcing anyone to do anything because YOU chose a faction that has a lack of representation in owPvP is just downright idiocy. You're going to blame people for wanting to switch factions to one that actually has players wanting to owPvP? The problem does not lie in one faction having more representation. It lies in the majority of your faction not wanting to participate.

3. Communicate with your faction. Claim a channel. This is already in practice.

4. Refer to #2

5. If this is what you can come up with, I can't wait to see what absurdities you suggest later.

Well i know that im not the best Person with discribing my Ideas.

1. I dont know if you play on Mushin but the situation got so out of hand that nobody from crimson wants to farm and everyone is only waiting to change to cerulean. Also most Crimson are below lvl 45 because they dont have a choice and as soon as there is Space in Cerulean a 45 Player will change. So we are to few to claim a channel even bevor the reduction on channel we were barely able to farm our only chance was to find a channel without Ceruleans and farm until they find us and slay us.

2. I know my Ideas are terrible the only one which you could do is the one with giving people gold for changing. But you cant abuse it because you should only be able to gain gold until they are even. Means if they are 50 50 the next person wont gain any Gold. What I would do is:

2.1 People will have to pay money equivalent with X*OtherFaction/CurrentFaction if the other Faction has more people in it.

2.2 Poeple will gain money equivalent with X*CurrentFaction/OtherFaction if the other Faction has less member.

2.3 The system only applies if the difference in member is above X%.

3. I dont expact my ideas to be anywhere perfect I wanted to gain awareness for the problem.

While his suggestions aren't great, the current system is also bad considering this is happening.

As I recall people complain that once someone joins a faction, they count as part of that faction's population whether they are active or not, whether or not they ever login again or not.

That is the problem and the part that needs to address. This is like making an AFK kicker but more like an activity monitoring system.

if you can get people to do it, you need the overwhelming faction to just make alts on the weaker faction so people can get in.

That's the only way, once a faction tilters over the other people will bandwagon into it unless a better system is made.

Nobody is at fault for joining the less active faction when they were a level 5 and had no clue what it really meant in the end.

Btw, if you like your clan name, don't delete clan to change faction or you'll lose that clan name for either 7 days or 90 days.

11 minutes ago, NueHoujuu said:

Btw, if you like your clan name, don't delete clan to change faction or you'll lose that clan name for either 7 days or 90 days.

Ah this is actually a good piece of information. I didn't know if it completely locked that clan name forever or only for a certain period of time. Thanks for sharing :)

If we had just 1 channel with PvP disabled, it would give everyone a space to do dailys and not have the need to rush to blue the instant a slot opens up.  The factions would start to balance themselves out now that being blue is no longer mandatory to survival and progression.  One little fallback to prevent and reverse this trend.

11 hours ago, CaffeGrigio said:

the best part about these threads are the strong factions claiming there's no problem, and how simple it is to solve.

they have all the answers, as long as they get to remain the strong faction.

Easy Mode.

Let's call it what it is.

I think thats one of the biggest problems that strongest faction = the most people. So most people are satisfied but the minoritys are the ones suffering but no one cares as long as they can farm as much as they want. Lets hope that someone will hear us and listen to us.

I would say force the over populated side to have a longer channel switch timer. if they out number us 10 to 1 it should be 10 times longer to switch channels. Crimson should have 1/10th the time to switch so we are able to go around and actually find a channel that is somewhat clear or that got cleared out when all of the Blue zergs left to swarm a channel where Red tried to farm. solves the issue if it takes them 30mins to try and catch us

I forget what game did it, but it could also have a system where depending on the ratio of blue/red you get a HP/Stat/Dmg buff to help even out the playing field of having to go 1v20. I have never been a fan of people hoping on the band wagon of another Sinister Swarm.

Simple solution. Server mergers.

NCsoft can compile data of which servers have which "overmanned"(higher representation than the other faction) and merge the two servers.. One server having the higher representation of Blue and the other server having a higher representation of Red.

34 minutes ago, Roxefeller said:

Simple solution. Server mergers.

NCsoft can compile data of which servers have which "overmanned"(higher representation than the other faction) and merge the two servers.. One server having the higher representation of Blue and the oher server having a higher representation of Red.

That would cause ppl to go into massive queues again, which I'm sure everyone would NOT want.

5 hours ago, Roxefeller said:

Increase the server cap. Problem solved. We all know NCsoft can afford it.

I'm pretty sure if the solution to THAT was that easy, they would have done that long ago the first few days of release when we had said massive queues. If you increase the cap too much on servers then it might become unstable with all the extra work that the servers are taking in and causing new problems. This is likely why they had backup servers to begin with.

I'm not opposed to your ideas and I'd actually agree with them but it most likely isnt gonna be as clear cut and easy as that.

It seems to me to be more of an imbalance in the channel with one side having way more players than the other. Any attempts to balance by the less populated faction is stopped by the channel cap. 

A solution could be to give some of the channels a cue system that equalizes the factions similar to what wow has done in the past. This may also encourage players to change sides as the over populated faction would have a longer cue in these channels and find it harder in the other channel to find players to kill.

If it works expand it to more channels and if not revert it back. 

On 2/6/2016 at 6:48 AM, SnapperHead said:

It seems to me to be more of an imbalance in the channel with one side having way more players than the other. Any attempts to balance by the less populated faction is stopped by the channel cap. 

A solution could be to give some of the channels a cue system that equalizes the factions similar to what wow has done in the past. This may also encourage players to change sides as the over populated faction would have a longer cue in these channels and find it harder in the other channel to find players to kill.

If it works expand it to more channels and if not revert it back. 

I'd be ok with this... although I think if you offered double or triple insignias and soulstones to drastically imbalanced factions, it'd also work pretty well to bring people over.

Archived