Tanking Blackwyrm

Lifesong

No, and its important your cat not be slotted for Q taunt, Q is ok, Q taunt is not, the kfm tanking the dragon doesn't need to lose agro, it spins the dragon, or makes it go find others.

Same as FM's shouldn't freeze it because it resets the red timer.

Right, I obviously don't want to taunt if I'm not tanking. The question wasn't should I or shouldn't I pull the dragon off a KFM, but if it's possible to tank the dragon myself and what unique problems arise from attempting it with a SMN. I guess the real question I have at this point is how does using a kitty tank effect Blackwyrm's rotations and do I potentially have the tools to deal with it. I'm curious if it's possible even if I never actually do it.

Summoner can not tank Blackwyrm. At least not in a way that would allow other players to actually dps (if they can tank it at all).

Blackwyrms roation requires a tank that uses SS to back off for one spit and jump back in twice per rotation otherwise BW will spit big poison all over the place.

Let alone that the cat can't dodge the poison cone attack and most likely can't even survive past multiple rotations.

I tank blackwyrm with my cat every time and it works quite good. The skill rotation is 20 seconds, I can tank up to 3 rotations until my cat die (I am not healing her, dps all the way). The most important is that you stay on the other side of the crowd, so melees can dps the wyrm from behind and stay save. KFM are theoretically better tanks, but in practice they are not. Every end-equipped Summoner / Force Master out-threat them, making it impossible for a KFM to keep aggro. On our server it currently takes around 20-25 minutes to kill him and mostly Summoner tanks it. You have to do certain damage to get your reward, especially if you want a brilliant box. Once i was afk half the time and still got my brilliant box and 28 prestige. I think if you feel like you did enough damage to receive your reward you can go tank it with heal and keep aggro for a long time. 

The only times a KFM/BM will loose aggro are when they get stunned without being able to tab out.

And when a darn Summoner uses their cat to reset aggro and mess up the rotation.

Please don't spread this word of Summoner cat tanks.

If you have a good BM/KFM spec out of your taunt and let the KFM/BM tank the dragon from 100 to 0 with a stable rotation.

Archived