I'm sorry in advance, but what class do you recommend for me?

Slenderloli

You guys probably get this a ton, but I don't know what character to play! I was a big fan of the Martial arts in Age of Wushu, and I played a Monk in FFXIV, so I was thinking Kung Fu Master...

But what I really like in a character is when they are fast, close combat characters who are complex and action-packed to play. I really liked how in FFXIV I could increase my damage by hitting the opponent at the right angles, while dodging all the AOES and stringing together combos. Is there any class in the game like that?

I think I saw that the sword classes do a lot of AOE attacks which I like too. Kung Fu is just one-on-one, yeah?

Are you talking about being fast in PVP or doing AoE in PVE?

I would recommend that you go Blademaster (not the Lyn one) since they can go with fast attack speeds as well as some decent AoEs

However, you might need a good ping with it. 50-80ms for its full potential

4 minutes ago, Geoffuri said:

Are you talking about being fast in PVP or doing AoE in PVE?

I would recommend that you go Blademaster (not the Lyn one) since they can go with fast attack speeds as well as some decent AoEs

However, you might need a good ping with it. 50-80ms for its full potential

I prefer PvE, with perhaps some PvP on the side.

I suggest learning about each class, and deciding for yourself. We can provide you information, but we don't know you personally.

Every game has those fast classes, usually Thieves, Rogues, or Assassins. In this game, there are some classes faster than others, but honestly a lot of them are fast. Assassin, and Blademaster are both pretty fast. Kungfu Master, my personal favorite, isn't as fast, but deals a great amount of damage, and can stay safe. I haven't gotten my Blademaster that far, but from what I remember from my level 13 Blademaster is that their AoE isn't anything too special. Lyn Bladedancers have nice AoE and great damage, but they don't have the Block mechanic Blademasters have. The other classes I'm not TOO familiar with, but the information on them shouldn't be too hard. Just do a quick search on the ones that interest you, and pick. There's no wrong answer, every class is good

Blade Dancers are a mix of FM and BM, though like has been said they lack the block mechanic and focus on short range AoEs. They usually perform quick high speed dashes into combat, unleash as much damage as they can, and then move on. Though they do have options to double their defense so can 'tank' if they are willing to take the hits (since they cannot block or counter). Personally I think they get the worst part of the BM and FM. FM lacks good CC currently and so have to focus on raw damage output. BM has a block that makes them very durable, but BD doesn't get it. So you end up with the BD who has limited CC, no block, and must focus on damage but their abilities are AoE and so don't deal as much raw damage as targeted attacks. They do make good 'farmers' though, gathering mobs and fighting them at once.

I also agree that KFM's are not a very fast class, in fact for speed of combat I prefer assassin. Who are CC masters, but have a counter mechanic like the KFM but with less of a timing focus and that does no damage directly.

I will tell you to pick blademaster rather than Blade Dancer. Based on my experience and pro's insight (Jaesung from Korean BnS) blade dancer lack abilities which the blade master posseses. 

And yes, they're different classes but you'll get the most from BM in PvP and PvE. 

8 hours ago, GreenBunionSoup said:

I haven't gotten my Blademaster that far, but from what I remember from my level 13 Blademaster is that their AoE isn't anything too special.

BM's AoE gets much better at later levels. I would say they have better AoE in endgame than BDs.

Archived