Force master pvp help

eonni

Hello, so i recently hit 45 and started pvping more. Problem is i am really bad as so it seems. I can only win against people that are low lvl or dont know what they're doing. I've been going back and forth from silver to gold ever since i hit gold, lets say i got lucky to even get there. I tried many different builds myself, but nothing seems to work or i dont know how to make it work, especially when my every hit gets resisted. Which i dont understand either. I would appreciate some really beginner tips, basic stuff and such.

I watched Jaesung video 'force master basic combos' and i tried them million times, and i barely get them to work, cause ice gets resisted and i cant stack them.

I would appreciate any help. And if anyone is bored and would like to teach me some things in game, feel free to message me. Thank you for you help.

1 hour ago, Slavonic said:

Freeze them and try to stay behind them

That sounds easier said then done, at least when I'm fighting Assasians. :\

I'm just having trouble getting around most of my attacks getting either countered or evaded and then I combed to death.  Any tips on facing Sins as a FM, they seem to one of those classes I tend to struggle against. 

6 hours ago, eonni said:

Hello, so i recently hit 45 and started pvping more. Problem is i am really bad as so it seems. I can only win against people that are low lvl or dont know what they're doing. I've been going back and forth from silver to gold ever since i hit gold, lets say i got lucky to even get there. I tried many different builds myself, but nothing seems to work or i dont know how to make it work, especially when my every hit gets resisted. Which i dont understand either. I would appreciate some really beginner tips, basic stuff and such.

I watched Jaesung video 'force master basic combos' and i tried them million times, and i barely get them to work, cause ice gets resisted and i cant stack them.

I would appreciate any help. And if anyone is bored and would like to teach me some things in game, feel free to message me. Thank you for you help.

if u spec impact in the first tree u can spam it to reveal them or use dragonchar also what i tend to do is when a sin stealths is go into ice tab to burn some of their stealth time.

FM in pvp is a lil difficult to play u need to work a lot harder then other classes in order to do well basically keep freezing and keep frost orbs stacked and use ur steps to get distance or break snares

45 minutes ago, Silxer said:

That sounds easier said then done, at least when I'm fighting Assasians. :\

I'm just having trouble getting around most of my attacks getting either countered or evaded and then I combed to death.  Any tips on facing Sins as a FM, they seem to one of those classes I tend to struggle against. 

From my experience: Don't fall for their counter, and don't waste your stuff on their smokebomb. Don't get raped from behind while stunned.

When they wave their arms in a circle, any attack you do will make them COUNTER and teleport behind your back. Instead, grab them with phantom grip or wait it out.

If they're in a smokebomb, your Dragonchar and Heatwave would still get them, but you also have an option of Phantom Gripping them out and moving them someplace else.

If you're blinded, if you specced into Frost Sheath (ice V), you can do SS V or E V to get a bit of a defense until your sight is back. Otherwise, SS TAB and E TAB work as well, or just survive a bit of kicking around.

Divine veil specced into right tree is useful to avoid their ranged harassment.

Make sure your frost palm is specced into left tree (freeze), and combo that with Impact for stun. Stand behind them so you utilize freeze to the max.

Inferno is probably your main damage dealing skill, do your best to NOT waste it on an iframe or a smoke bomb or, even worse, a counter.

You can try hitting them out of invincibility with Impact.

That's for the general tips... One thing I found was important when fighting assassins is patience. If you get emotional and start throwing  all your skills at them, you're going to get countered and acquainted with the ground pretty quick. Don't rush, make they use up their Decoy and waste their TAB trinket, then get a CC chain off.

Archived