Quitting this game - PvP gives no feedback

Carthage

8 hours ago, Carthage said:

No, the issue is that the game isn't doing anything close to a good job informing the player what they did wrong.

You attacked, and it was resisted

You didn't attack, and got put in a stun lock

In a game like street fighter, you'd have good visual and auditory feedback on why that happened.

It is not the case with this game at all.

I've played just about every popular competitive game out there at a reasonably high level. This one is the worst of them. It's a fighting game minus a ton of extremely important fighting game features, such as extreme precision and good visual representation of what's going on. It's not worth the learning curve, especially given there is no in game support for learning how to pvp.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly Carthage your childish. And you barley see anyone else complaining about the pvp system and how it's set up. You expect the entire game to hold your hand and walk you through every single step....but it doesn't. You need to get over yourself, no one else here agrees with you (and honestly I don't even know why I'm bothering to tell you to shut up because you won't your just like every other over consumed dumb ass who sits behind a computer screen all day waiting for someone to reply to their topic so you can "bash" them). Your point is irrelevant. The pvp system in this game isn't meant for you to know every move right away, you have to study your opponent and hope for the best. They won't just put text on the screen every time someone uses a move saying what they did and what they are doing next. 

If you really have such an issue with the setup go watch a guide to the class your having the most trouble with on YouTube, or go talk about it in game with someone who mows the ropes of their class and skills fairly well. 

Sitting around waiting for another person like me to tell you that your wrong isn't a good idea at the least. Mostly every reply to your topic has been telling you that your wrong. Take a little advice from me to you:

Dont play a game your not 

happy with, keep on frustrating yourself over it, making other players think about their decision and experiences and making them want to quit too. 

Your argument is is invalid not everything can happen because 1 player out of thousands wants it too.

16 hours ago, Carthage said:

There is no feedback as to what's happening at all ever.

"Why did that guy just resist all my spells?"

"Why is he behind me and invisible?"

"Why can't I ever unfreeze?"

etc.

The game is so bad at telling players about it's PvP mechanics that I refuse to continue, even after getting near max level.

If you're really so interested in learning about PvP and other classes' mechanics.. why not do what everyone else did and actually research other classes so you know why your opponent just resisted all of your attacks.. Why you just got freeze/root-locked and why your opponent is always behind you stealthed.

Take a breath, relax. 

I know where you're coming from, had the same experience when I started pvping in GW2 a few years ago. 

I was of the mind that it was downright *cricket* that people could do whatever they wanted and I had little to no feedback as to what was happening.

Couple it with a fast pace combat system and I was ready to throw my keyboard away. I felt it was excessively punishing. 

But I perserved through this and here's my feedback on that sort of system a few years later (4): 

It's a GREAT system. Yes, great once you take the time to learn it. 

And the learning curve is not user-friendly. In fact, I'm ready to use the word "punishing" to describe it. You'll lose more game than not just to try and learn the system itself. 

But you also have to learn your class ON TOP of all the others. It's incredibly overwhelming, especially if you're not used to that sort of PvP. 

Punishing, but incredibly exciting and it's worth the trouble, I promise. 

In a fast paced action type game like BnS, written feedback would add tremendous confusion and useless garbage on the screen. You do not have the time to read what is written and keep track of your opponent. You cannot, decently, expect the devs to add written tooltips when it would clutter the screen and prevent people from seeing what's happening. If I could, I'd remove everything but my health, chi and skills bar. Oh and my enemy's.  

Otherwise, I just can't see and adding writting on top of that would make me tear my hair's apart. 

However that doesn't mean there's no feedback. 

There's PLENTY of it. It's incredible how much feedback the game actually gives you. 

Noise feedback, to notice if you blocked or even missed your hit...

visual feedback in the form of telegraphed animation that you can memorize, 

visual feedback in the form of stacks that lets you anticipate events. 

CDs, ICDs, etc. 

The feedback given by this game's system is actually incredibly detailed, but it takes time to learn and familiarize yourself with it and it's not friendly to new players. Especially if you're used to board games or turn by turn pvp. 

I feel like you take this game and put it in a board game context, where as it's more of an action type almost "FPS"-like game, with relatively fast paced combat. 

OP, trust me on this, read on other classes and look at video of them PvPing. I feel you when you do not want to grind your way just to learn a class, I won't do it either. But watching others playing on classes you do not know gives you the ability to at least learn their animation and pay attention to what you should watch. 

Writting advices/tooltip is not an option in this sort of game, instead they rely on audible and visual cue that you need to notice and pay attention to in order to know what's going on around you. 

This is flat out a l2p issue.  If you're too lazy to read up on classes, or spar over and over until you learn a class then this is your own issue.  So I think everyone is on the same page as me when I say "bai!  We won't miss you in the slightest!" 

Archived