An idea to disable bots. Trust me it works.

Altheatheia

Hello,
I have a small private project, it's a 2D game and i had this problem with bots, and i know the struggle you guys are having.

However long story short, i had to implement a "Computer ban" which can ban computers not only IP and account

here is an example how it works in my database, direct

1 minute ago, Anrothan said:

you are a Gentleman and a Scholar sir, but I doubt NCSoft will do anything about it. Call me Loco, but somehow I feel that NCSoft is in cahoots with these vermin like Blizzard was with D2.

They will mate, they are doing their best - i believe any suggestion about this issue will be taken seriously

2 minutes ago, Hamoud said:

They will mate, they are doing their best - i believe any suggestion about this issue will be taken seriously

yea, no. So many issues bro, so many problems. They have other things they need to address. What leads me to believe this? When was the last time you saw anyone from the devs on the forum? They are almost nonexistent. They have given up on this forum like they have on the game. 

4 minutes ago, Anrothan said:

yea, no. So many issues bro, so many problems. They have other things they need to address. What leads me to believe this? When was the last time you saw anyone from the devs on the forum? They are almost nonexistent. They have given up on this forum like they have on the game. 

That reply of yours made me pretty sad :(

Many posts on these forums are not taken seriously, where they should.

Promises about making the forum work?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but not going to happen.

This is the same forum, configured differently as Wildstar, and that thing has not been working properly for nearly 2 years now.

So whenever one of the mods promises it will get fixed....yeah right...

As for implementing this idea.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble again, but it's naive and way to easy to bypass.

Anyone involved with programming and stuff know how easy it is to spoof out information about your system.

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

Many posts on these forums are not taken seriously, where they should.

Promises about making the forum work?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but not going to happen.

This is the same forum, configured differently as Wildstar, and that thing has not been working properly for nearly 2 years now.

So whenever one of the mods promises it will get fixed....yeah right...

As for implementing this idea.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble again, but it's naive and way to easy to bypass.

Anyone involved with programming and stuff know how easy it is to spoof out information about your system.

You're right, nothing is impossible

6 minutes ago, Olivar said:

/wave

Have you noticed that they fixed the issues with the beta forum at launch. I wish they'd now pay attention to the Wildstar forum.

Just now, Saccharin said:

/wave

Have you noticed that they fixed the issues with the beta forum at launch. I wish they'd now pay attention to the Wildstar forum.

I'm happy for the fixes don't misunderstand, but honestly they are taking way too long.

So many features are not enabled, and let's not forget the difference in login behaviour:

B&S : More or less remembers the session, but logging in is always in a new window

W* : Never remembers the session, but keeps it all in the same window

And there's many more issues.

Granted, I prefer this forum configuration over the W* though. This one works and has proper notifications.

Archived