Feedback for Casual Play / New Players Experience

Nightbasilisk

This is feedback intended to help newer players have a better experience with early content.

So I'm not really interested in the endgame which is available at the moment so just casually been leveling all classes up in relatively equal measure.

First problem, it's possible but inconvenient to make all classes, since the slots are limited to 7. In a way this makes sense since if you make 1 character of every single class ingame right now you have 7... however we all know so and so class will arrive eventually so, really it comes down to "do you want to play the class you're least interested in right now?" (in my case blade dancer) or "do you want to reserve the name for the future class you really really want to play?" (in my case WL). Personally option B.

Feedback #1: Please increase the the character slot limit to correspond to the number of characters available + number of characters announced (going by korea). So, that would be 9. I don't think this small digit increase would affect the game in any way with regard to botters (which is the reason I heard was for why its 7 at the moment). Especially when its behind a paywall!

-

One of the most annoying things in the game is chests. The 99% of the time have junk in them. However, they always take a key. The game won't prompt you for a key they just take it! I haven't tested but I wouldn't be surprised if they eat up special keys as well.

Feedback #2: Either remove chests eating keys or give a prompt before opening that forces you to select a key, just like everything else. Or, simply pick up the chest and stick it in the user's inventory like all other chests. Either there is no hint in the game about chests eating keys, or its so obscure that even after leveling 6 characters I didnt notice it.

-

In the game most things stack. Among the things that stack are soul shields. However they don't auto-stack when you either open soul shield packs or pick them up from bosses. This is just plain annoying. Especially since if they're stacked and you disassemble them then its much faster!

Feedback #3: Make soul shield picks ups stack (both on box opening and random pickups)

While we're at it... it's impossible to actually collect the sould shields. There is just TOO many, even if I decked a character's storage it wouldn't be enough. So...

Feedback #4: Please reuse the system in the soul shield tab from the inventory screen and stick it into a "Soul Shield Collection" screen that works similar to wardrobe. Preferably with a preview that shows you the partial or full image of the soul shield depending on how many you have. You can have this as premium feature to add more value to having premium, don't care personally.

-

Why can't I stick the first weapon in storage?

Feedback #5: The first weapon is unique color combination of the craftable weapon, please remove the inability to stick it into storage. 

While we're at it, one of the most annoying new player gotchas; and still bites me every now and then...

Feedback #6: Why can't vendor weapons be used to skin your weapon? They even cost valuable currency (at the point you encounter them) and yet they're useless... (you can use them in pvp but its useless at level8'ish you might get scammed by the vendors for 1-6 silver)

-

General class gotchas,

Feedback #7: It's not very intuitive for new players that some abilities require you to stand perfectly still in place to execute them. Some of these can be quite annoying especially early levels when they're all you have. In the case of Destroyers canceling out of your RMB ability isn't even obvious it happened... you could literally think its just that pathetic if you're the type of player who moves around constantly while fighting things. It might be a good idea to have a setting in options that goes like this, Name: "Ability Movement-Auto-Lock", Description: "On execution of moves that cancels on player move disable basic movement (double tapping any direction breaks lock; will not affect backstep)". This should be default enabled for Summoner and Destroyer. 

I don't think that little setting would do too much harm since if you dont like the lock dont use the ability or disable the lock, however early levels you can't really respec out of the ability (case for Destroyer) or you dont have enough points to get the level that passively removes the stationary requirement (case for Summoner).

Feedback #8: WHY IS Q and E not on the damn skill bar!?? I really REALLY don't understand why the game works like this. To give just a simple example of how silly this is, on a Blademaster Q and E is your primary stance switching keys, so not using Q you're probably doing I don't know 20% the damage you would be doing if you switched stances freely? This isn't BM only issue though, it affects practically all classes, for summoner Q is your cat's "Crouching Tiger" stance (90% damage reduction for 5s), the game wont teach you this very useful skill in the Hajoon trials; if I'm not mistaken it only teaches you Beckon. I don't think adding Q E S on the side of Z X C V makes that much of a difference interface design wise, but it would help a lot.

-

NCoin Shop new player gotchas,

Feedback #9: Separate unique cash shop costumes from "convenince" PvE cash shop versions (future content PvE costumes would still count as that obviously).

Feedback #10: The extra skill slot book is useless. It should either unlock like 7 slots or unlock for all characters at once.

Feedback #11: Add movement animation and running/flying/gliding/idle animation preview; a lot of your costumes are broken on running animation or various others animations. Not doing any favors to yourself by selling your customers defective goods. I haven't encountered significant issues on other animations and very few animations are as long and attention grabbing as running, flying and gliding.

honestly speaking your mistaken about the keys one it does prompt you about it - if your not seeing the prompt your mashing y - that said impatience is your own fault not the games - it always prompts me about locked chests so as i said your mistaken there

also E is a part of the skill bar but its reserved for a dodge - some classes it lets you circle to their back with E not sure about other uses for it though

16 minutes ago, capncronic365 said:

honestly speaking your mistaken about the keys one it does prompt you about it - if your not seeing the prompt your mashing y - that said impatience is your own fault not the games - it always prompts me about locked chests so as i said your mistaken there

also E is a part of the skill bar but its reserved for a dodge - some classes it lets you circle to their back with E not sure about other uses for it though

I've given you the benefit of the doubt the went and re-tested it. There was no prompt whatsoever. 

Test case: pressed F, chest opening bar started, chest opens and get loot window, grab loot. After checking inventory again, one key was deducted. I've never seen chests that give me the prompt outside of inventory chests. In case it matters, I've tested it in the Lair of the Yutay dungeon chest.

? thats odd but okay im not arguing just saying i get a prompt unless you mean those yellow chests on the ground -- then idk never specifically paid mind to them - hardly ever keep keys on me unless im farming something specific such as breakthrough weapon havent had an issue with it personally idk so could be idk

as far as the extra character slots go I believe all other regions got extra slots purchasable with the new classes ..

the point is IF you unlock them all NOW people will buy them and start a new character and then not want to delete them .. then be crying they need yet more character slots ..

I don't know why they didn't just open up character slots if for no other reason than the added cash flow but maybe they had reasons (name conventions could be an issue as it IS hard to find a name to use already).

I would LOVE to have a mod or Dev sound in though to let us know if the extra character slots will be available with expansions myself 

I also find it annoying that the hongmoon keys you get don't open the in game dungeon chests (only the keys do this is Viridian Coast for me at any rate)

Thank you for starting this thread OP. This is the kind of stuff that we need to post, and keep in sight so the dev's can see it. I agree with almost all your points...In  addition to the hundreds of bugs and design flaws that crop up everywhere....like in the crafting window where it describes locations...some of the crafts have multiple locations, and fill this window to the point that you can't see the last few lines of the descriptions. no way to adjust the window size, you simply need to "guess" what those last few lines say. 

That's just one example. I could go on and on about all the things that make this game feel unfinished, in spite of the beautiful graphics and interesting and engaging playstyles. But I won't digress, I could rant on about that stuff for hours. a few points on your list:

#4 - need this soo much. I am clueless as to why we even HAVE a soul shield tab. we can see which slot the shield fills by looking at it in inventory...the SS tab fills no purpose other then giving a slightly more visual way of identifying if you have the full set or not. that should be a full extra storage tab just for those shield, and allow you to store "sets". even further, we could have hotkeys to switch sets as needed (outside of combat of course). that's really a small thing, not overtly necessary, but would be nice. 

#7 - while were discussing the confusing approach to skill representation, could we PLEASE have someone who is not only skilled in translation, but skilled in English GRAMMER review the skill descriptions? what in the world does this mean? 

"On Resist Max 3 uses HP 2% Max Recovery"

I read that and I was clueless. does it trigger on a maximum resist? on the 3rd time you resist maximum? on resist every time up to 3x? does it use 2% of your HP? or does it add to your Max recovery by 2% of your HP? or does it add 2% of your max recovery to your HP?

it makes absolutely no sense. I understand that many experienced players could explain it, but at the same time, the description is there SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO. Here's an example of a properly written explanation (this is if I even got it right...had to stare at it for about 10m):

"Triggered on Resist: Increases your HP recovery by 2%, can trigger a maximum of 3 times during the duration of the skill."

now THAT tells me something. I now know that when this skill is in use (it's a shield), if i resist an attack i get a buff to my HP recovery, and it will stack up to 3 times during the duration of the skill. It took me a whole 3 seconds to read that. the current iteration took me a very long time to even guess what it meant, and I could still be wrong. That's just bad translations, pure and simple. I should not have to translate the English translation. It makes me wonder if they used Google translate for the entire game.

#8 : in addition to this, I would like to see the rest of my hotkeys show up. While I understand eliminating them for the sake of simplicity, it's almost TOO simple. I can't just hover over a skill and see what it does...I have to open my skill window, find the appropriate skill (which of course I'll have to guess unless I know what hotkey it's on), click on it and hover over the description...and then of course translate the bad translation. Why not just have ALL they keys show up, and grey out the ones that aren't usable at the moment? you know...like they already do with half of them. why they don't do it with the rest....beyond me.

Here's a few of my own:

1) Please make the voice-overs say what's in the word box? It's irritating to see the NPC word box say, "Thank you for your help" , when the NPC voice-over says, "Thank you so very much for rescuing my daughter! our whole family is grateful!" it's a dichotomy, and my brain want's to reject it. Again with the translations...PLEASE work harder on making the worded translations make sense! 

2) Crafting. I could go OOOOON and OOOOON about crafting and how horribly unbalanced it is, but I will save the tender eyes of the readers, and leave that for the crafting forums. Safe to say this: crafting needs a serious rework. you have 3 crafts that are almost absolutely worthless with the SINGLE exception of a SINGLE item to craft for the guild to unlock high end skills and such. then you have 2 crafts which pretty much dominate the whole game. you need to spread out the "critical crafted items" among the other crafts, and give some of the crafts much needed boosts in their base recipes.

3) Chapter 2: I don't want to put up any spoilers, so I'll say this: chapter 2 makes no sense to me. the character goes back and forth so much in personality based decisions that I'm afraid that my toon is bipolar. the plot development is hatched up at best, and it seems like theirs no congruency, and the last cut scene leaves me pretty frustrated, and not in a way that's good for a story. more like, "why in the world did you do that? it makes no sense!"

I'm going to stop there...I can feel the Ranting Ire starting, and I don't want to soapbox. but these are things that really stand out to me in addition to your list, which I agree on 100%. some people may look at that stuff and say, "it's small things, why would you care?" well, for people who enjoy a story, who enjoy congruence and balance in their PvE games, that stuff matters. If your the kind of person that rushes to max level on a single toon and spends the rest of their life  in an instanced dungeon or an arena battleground, these may not seem like a big deal. But there's allot of us players that actually enjoy those parts of the game, and will spend time leveling alts by the ton (and buying stuff for them off the market), to enjoy it more. So these points are all valid.

One more thing...Could we PLEASE get class forums on this site? I still have no clue why there aren't class forums here...do you think that the NA players don't want to discuss our classes? 

EDIT: Took out a few things that seemed inflammatory, My apologies if you read them.

@Nightbasilisk and @Temjiu Thank you, please don't let the detractors keep you from posting.  As a new player, I am having many of the same issues you have described. And your points were helpful, even to the extent of the plot holes, issues and 'lost in translation' problems, you let me know that I am not alone in my frustration.

@Temjiu

I read that and I was clueless. does it trigger on a maximum resist? on the 3rd time you resist maximum? on resist every time up to 3x? does it use 2% of your HP? or does it add to your Max recovery by 2% of your HP? or does it add 2% of your max recovery to your HP?

Yes I've encountered similar issues. The biggest offenders being the Gems. Those descriptions could use with just rewriting from scratch to describe what they do in a lot of cases; though some do a good job and aren't too confusing.

But yeah when it comes to localization there's still some work to be done. Just recently the Pin window (of all things!) had a #invalid text on it, which I assume is due to someone messing the localization files. Occasionally there's also the random characters as someone accidentally pressed a "w" somewhere. One of the more annoying ones is when you have one place translate it one way, and another place translate it another way. A good example of this is in crafting, I believe the first (?) tree ingredient for soul wardens is actually translated differently from what it's called in the tree fella's guild menu. Luckily the icon is the same, so you can tell by that (kind-of), but still annoying.

Also on the topic of crafting, I have all crafts, though mostly just for the sake of having them, and yes the pot ones, just to name one, are almost comical in how useless they are. 1h to craft 2 pots? They might as well start playing Benny Hill music when you click the button. You could literally just farm a bit most low level dungeons and get more in a few minutes.

Also, the game kind of makes it sound like you have this "choice" of choosing crafts but honestly if you pick crafting guild X then you suddenly are almost forced into picking production guild Y; at least that has been my experience.

@Eiswein thanks, glad it helped you

Archived