Good and bad.

889038_1452550551

First of all, I'd like to say this is just my opinion. Apologies in advance if it somehow offends you.

So, I've had mostly positive gameplay experience with BnS:
-Most of the players I've encountered are rather helpful and friendly! (For dungeons, daily quests, faction quests, etc.)

-Game isn't heavily grindy or at least it's trying to avoid such thing, compared to most of the MMORPGs I've played.

-Even though I'm a free user that does not heavily impact the overall gameplay; in other words, you can still enjoy the game to the fullest so far.

I don't think I have ever sat down and played an MMORPG for hours per day ever since the launch, and that's saying a lot from someone who gets tired of such genre quickly (mostly because it's way too repetitive: for example, you have to kill 100 mobs to finish part of a quest then proceeds you to farm for an item with very low drop rate. It gets very boring very fast.)

I also like the fact that the game makes you engage into doing quests to level up, it's somehow more rewarding that way.

But now here are some complaints which I'm sure players on the forums have mentioned once or twice or more...

-Inventory spaces

I do appreciate that the game gives us some chance to increase slots to store items (the pouches, use of in-game currency, vault with two storage)

but that's simply not enough... due to soul shield pieces, upgrade materials, outfits, adornments, gathering/crafting materials, and the list goes on.

I do wish that the wardrobe feature was free thing, but most of all I really wish that the soul shields had its own inventory slots.

Why not just make the soul shield tab in the inventory as its own storage? It'd be really help to free some of the inventory and vault spaces.

-Limits on selling/buying items on the market

At first I was upset that there was a limit (10 for us free users, right?) but then someone mentioned that it was to prevent bots over flooding the market and I guess it also controls the overpricing and such (not that there are no overpriced items but still, it somehow lessens this?)

Instead of per day reset, how about every 6 or 12 hour resets for this?

-Limit on daily quests

I can't believe I'm actually complaining about this, but I wish I can do more daily quests...Yeah. I really do mean that.

As far as I know, this game encourages you to earn in game money from doing quests and selling items.

So then if those things are limited, what else can we do?

There isn't much besides that for now.

I'm just not really convinced that limitation for daily quest is necessary.

-Quartz, QUARTZ, QUARTZ and every other open world materials.

Never have I felt so much rage when trying to get these. It's not right of me to have inner rage towards some buff gons, or tiny lyns or humans or whoever, when they pickaxe their way to get those quartz. I understand it's like a first come first serve basis I guess. But my goodness these quartz respawn rate is just absolutely silly. Unless someone convinces me otherwise, I really think this should be improved for better: either make these more available and/or faster respawn rate...

-Map markers in general

It's helpful to have icons indicating where they are. But sometimes they are rather inaccurate or vague. I think the markers should be smaller for better accurately indicate the locations.

I know I had some troubles when trying to find quests...and quartz...Especially the quartz.

-Better explanations on some of the game features

Because Blade and Soul is slightly different than some of the mmorpgs, it would have been nice if the game mentioned some of the things like limits on quests, selling and buying, factions and how they work, and so on.

-Dodging/evasion system

I admit, I am very horrible at timing things. (a Lyn Blade Dancer) but the Q and E are just useless to me most of the time.

When a mob is about to hit you, you'd think by dashing behind them just a bit early you're avoiding the hit. But nope, you have to time it very precisely to dodge when they actually hit you.

Why is that??? If I timed the evasion too late then I'd understand, that would be my fault; but why penalize when you do this too early?

I'm behind the mob and clearly, the mob is hitting what's in front of them: no one, and yet here is my character getting a hit.

It just frustrates me just a bit.

Well, that's about it as far as I'm concerned...I know that this game was just launched like few weeks ago, so of course I don't expect a whole lot of changes so soon.

Also, can't wait for upcoming contents!

2 minutes ago, 889038_1452550551 said:

-Map markers in general

-Better explanations on some of the game features

-Dodging/evasion system

I agree that the map markers behave quite weirdly sometimes, the actual point of concern seems to be at the tip of the arrow but even knowing that sometimes I keep running around the required NPC.

Explanation of game features:

I'm not sure there's much to be explained about factions, you get faction introductions when you talk to Hansu and Sansu (was it Sansu? Let's call him Sansu)  in Bamboo village. The most vital part of the factions is explained as soon as you try to put on your faction uniform, and the clan relations I believe are explained as well.

Was there anything about selling and buying that wasn't clear? You even get the quest to open the marketplace.

Dodging/evasion:

Most of the time if you move behind the character while he's swinging you don't get hit - either because of the attacked area or because of the 0.5s invincibility you get. You do get hit if you move behind him so early that he'll turn around and attack you in your new place.

If you're still getting damaged despite moving behind before a hit, you might be lagging. At least I don't recall that happening.

12 minutes ago, Enhance said:
13 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I agree that the map markers behave quite weirdly sometimes, the actual point of concern seems to be at the tip of the arrow but even knowing that sometimes I keep running around the required NPC.

I'm not sure there's much to be explained about factions, you get faction introductions when you talk to Hansu and Sansu (was it Sansu? Let's call him Sansu)  in Bamboo village. The most vital part of the factions is explained as soon as you try to put on your faction uniform, and the clan relations I believe are explained as well.

Was there anything about selling and buying that wasn't clear? You even get the quest to open the marketplace.

Dodging/evasion:

Most of the time if you move behind the character while he's swinging you don't get hit - either because of the attacked area or because of the 0.5s invincibility you get. You do get hit if you move behind him so early that he'll turn around and attack you in your new place.

If you're still getting damaged despite moving behind before a hit, you might be lagging. At least I don't recall that happening.

Dodging/evasion:

Yep, yep! I think the size of the markers overall are too emphasized than the tip of the arrows and also your own marker on the map is about the same size so even more confusions at times.

-For faction, my friend and I were very lost (we're both level 45s) as to why he didn't have the same daily quests at all as I do in certain areas...Turns out you have to rank up to unlock faction dailies...We might have overlooked that in the early part of the game. If it was mentioned in the early part of the game, well...Bad on our part!

and for the market, I don't think they emphasized the limitations of buying and selling...None of my guild members knew about this until I had to Google search.

-It happens to me at times even though I'm not lagging. I move behind and I clearly see the mob swinging what's in front of them and I get hit. I guess I'll try to be more observant next time when using the Q and E skills.

12 minutes ago, 889038_1452550551 said:

-For faction, my friend and I were very lost (we're both level 45s) as to why he didn't have the same daily quests at all as I do in certain areas...Turns out you have to rank up to unlock faction dailies...We might have overlooked that in the early part of the game. If it was mentioned in the early part of the game, well...Bad on our part!

If you come to daily area and takl to npcs, they say stuff like "Sorry, I only give dailies to people of rank Private and higher!" and stuff.

I gotta say that I am enjoying B&S very much, and it's been my main game since it launched, and I'll continue playing it. So there is a lot of good, but some of the things that bother me;

Assassin camera zoom. Every time you use Stealth 3 among other skills, the camera zoom resets itself back right up close behind the player, so you have to scroll back out every single time! Very annoying!

Lag.. I've seen tons of posts all ready about people with top-end equipment dealing with unbearable lag, so I know I'm not alone on this. It's at the point where I've had to work health potions into my rotations, saving them to only take after lag spikes lol. When I go back around the Viridian Coast for dailies, the only time I'll take damage is during lag spikes.

Premium, do I really even need it? Played for a few days as ftp, then opted for Premium. Now that I have it, the only thing I seem to be benefiting from is the wardrobe. I know alot of forum posts are saying that only Prem have all the gold, but really I could make more silver by doing one daily and selling the keys or charms, then by grinding mobs for hours with the "enhanced" money drops lol. I havn't needed to sell more than 10 items in one day yet so that's not helping.. Idk maybe I will benefit from it later, and I'm happy to be helping out the devs by supporting the game, but maybe Premium's just not for me.

Bots.  I know they did a huge thing by stopping a good amount of spammers "for now", but they still have done nothing to stop botting. It makes me sad to see so many people stuck in queues when everywhere I go there are trains of jumbled names killing all the mobs, coming in and out of dungeons or stuck running into walls.. And this goes to all developers not just NCsoft, come on guys, I know they buy a lot of accounts but they are ruining your games! Put in a dam captcha that rewards a special cosmetic only currency every time a player hits a loading screen, or every so many minutes or something!

That is all for now. There really is much more but I don't want to sound too much like a hater because I really do love the game! The combat, the visuals, the story (very first mmo that has gotten me invested in the story), and the community have all been amazing in my opinion. Just one more thing though, what the heck is up with those cutscene hands?! I mean come on guys it's 2016 now lol, is there going to be some plot twist at the end where we find out everyone is carved out of wood or something?

Archived