Spin to Win too powerful in group fights; Needs target cap

norainu

27 minutes ago, Jeffaffah said:

Suicide bombing destroyer reporting in.

Yes, I can spin in a massive croud when they are fighting the boss. No, I am not immortal. Yes, you can stop me from doing this by walking backwards and splitting up. 

It looks brainless, but if I jump in at a wrong angle and I get clutch CC'd in the clusterf*ck, I'll simply get piled on. 

I'm also getting surprised every now and then by a random force grab from the cliff towards the cerulean outpost, or from my outpost to the cliff. That means I paid for my own positioning. Half-AFK boss farmers who stand around waiting for the boss and don't look at their surroundings get killed, it's simple.

Most of the time doing this solo as a destroyer is not very effective. I have a friendly BM who helps me secure the more resilliant kills, and it is greatly rewarding to see a group of 20 odd players get wiped by two or three players. For only a brief moment of course. Until they get bothered and they change channel. 

No need to worry about the spin, you can easily work  your way around it.

I wonder if BDO will get complains about ambushes in the night. I'm definitely looking for some darkness ambush fun, if that's possible.

Of *course* BDO will get complains about ambushes in the night.  And I'm sure there will be some third-party screen manipulation tools that negate the effectiveness of vision loss at night, depending on how BDO implements it, to give "night vision".  But people will complain about everything, so I wouldn't worry too much.

And I agree.  If your group gets caught out and collectively doesn't react properly, it should be punished.  This game is generally punishing, even in 1v1.  Why wouldn't you expect the same punishment for a lack of awareness in OWPvP?

evry class has + and -.... the game is very balanced u cant complain about some class + .... and expect for the devs to take that + of some particular class... yes what u say is true... it dosent kill all those player anyway 
"LEARN TO DODGE AND RUN AVOID BLOCK".... ... thats the Destoyers + , and if u whant that + make a destroyer or deal whit it .. use your class "whatever u play" + and  deal whit your class - ..... 

Shouldn't the question rather be:

How can he do enough damage and tank to spin long enough to get even the squishiest target down? Even when he can't be locked down, burst damage from people around should imho. literally 1 shot him, if he is truly jumping into a zerg. If 20+ people press an instant damage spell (20 people against ~50k HP would be 2,5k damage per player... how long does it take for a player to do 2,5k damage vs. a spinning zerker?), she should just blow up... so the my balancing question would be:

Why? ^-^

Maybe the problem is not that he gains too much focus, and not that he does hit too many people... but just because people are not switching focus fast enough or... maybe he has some magic to prevent him dieing? Forcemaster has a ranged attack shield, can he buff it on someone else? Haven't checked all the skill trees yet.

4 hours ago, DeKus said:

Shouldn't the question rather be:

How can he do enough damage and tank to spin long enough to get even the squishiest target down? Even when he can't be locked down, burst damage from people around should imho. literally 1 shot him, if he is truly jumping into a zerg. If 20+ people press an instant damage spell (20 people against ~50k HP would be 2,5k damage per player... how long does it take for a player to do 2,5k damage vs. a spinning zerker?), she should just blow up... so the my balancing question would be:

Why? ^-^

Maybe the problem is not that he gains too much focus, and not that he does hit too many people... but just because people are not switching focus fast enough or... maybe he has some magic to prevent him dieing? Forcemaster has a ranged attack shield, can he buff it on someone else? Haven't checked all the skill trees yet.

There we go, this guy understands. 

If people aren't paying attention, of course they are going to get killed for it. Not every group does this, some are wise enough to understand what is going on. And if they do, I as destroyer too have to adjust my methods. 

Yet another suicide bomber destro here: on Wild Springs, Cerulean side. If your group of 5+ people is getting killed by a single, spinning destroyer, the destroyer is either overequipped compared to you, or you're forgetting you've got escape skills/i-frames to starve him out of focus while he slowly beyblades at you, realising the foolishness of his mistake. On the other hand, a destroyer backed up by a KFM and a summoner/force master can be instrumental to disabling 10-20 people while even racking up a few kills of his own AND surviving the ordeal to help clear out the last few stragglers with a few blitz/drag pulls. How to prevent that? Aim at the big person with a red circle of doom around them, use an autoattack to check if it's resisting damage (Fury does that the first second of use), then use your biggest damage skill on them. Takes 3-4 people to do those two things to  turn that 3 man ambush into a worthless suicide mission. No need to even use ss/i-frame. And if you can't pull that off, it's probably not because of the destroyer, but because of good back up and planning on the part of a group probably aoe farming people for the 1k kills achievement/mask.

Destroyer AOE does not do enough damage to kill anyone unless they are below half life already. Not to mention, you probably let them kill you otherwise. Even 1v4, you should be able to drop a destroyer before anyone dies. 

8 hours ago, Azireus said:

Yet another suicide bomber destro here: on Wild Springs, Cerulean side. If your group of 5+ people is getting killed by a single, spinning destroyer, the destroyer is either overequipped compared to you, or you're forgetting you've got escape skills/i-frames to starve him out of focus while he slowly beyblades at you, realising the foolishness of his mistake. On the other hand, a destroyer backed up by a KFM and a summoner/force master can be instrumental to disabling 10-20 people while even racking up a few kills of his own AND surviving the ordeal to help clear out the last few stragglers with a few blitz/drag pulls. How to prevent that? Aim at the big person with a red circle of doom around them, use an autoattack to check if it's resisting damage (Fury does that the first second of use), then use your biggest damage skill on them. Takes 3-4 people to do those two things to  turn that 3 man ambush into a worthless suicide mission. No need to even use ss/i-frame. And if you can't pull that off, it's probably not because of the destroyer, but because of good back up and planning on the part of a group probably aoe farming people for the 1k kills achievement/mask.

Completely agree

Archived