Question about melee classes

crowgo

Hi, I'm a Force Master and I have a question about a certain skill that some melee classes use on the Arena.

I'm having trouble dealing with Blade Masters and Destroyers(i think) that have a particular skill, this skill allows them to block my attacks and at the same time they block them I get stunned.

Now, there is nothing wrong with that skill from my point of view except that it has seemly no cooldown, which means they are only vulnerable when they are attacking, and of course when they do attack, they will use a combo. I have counters for it but only so many, as soon as they're done with the combo or they realize I got rid of their grip they go back into the same god mode stance. I looked for a way around it in my skill tree, a skill that will ignore parry/block only to find out that, although the skill does damage, the enemy is still invulnerable to its CC effects.

Also this might be my imagination but unless Destroyers have 5 counters ready in a 15 second span they should not walk out of Freeze/Stun/Daze as if nothing happened?

This is not a rant, I'm only asking if this skill they have is working as intended, I don't know if I'm supposed to be able to beat every single class or if the system works more like a rock-paper-scissors style. I'm OK with it if that's the case.

For destroyers:

You only get stunned if you hit them in the first 0,5 of their spin.

So just don't spam your skills 24/7 and always wait a short moment after they start spinning - otherwise rip. 

For Blade Masters:

Same story. 

Never attack them when they start blocking - always wait 0,5 sec otherwise you'll get stunned.

But for BM it will be a bit more difficult because they can still block every incoming frontal damage during block other then destroyers which gets damage while spinning. 

On 1/28/2016 at 8:05 AM, crowgo said:

I did not know that, and it will sure help. Thank you !

Or so I thought. What happens is even if I wait .5 seconds to hit, the time it takes for my skill to reach the enemy is enough for him to get out of the block stance and get back on it and block-stun me. In this situation, how am I supposed to counter?

Another question, The Force Master doesn't have any skill that has an animation for it while other classes do(assassin, blade dancer, destroyer, blade master, kungfu master), aside from the fact that the debuffs from my class can wear off during the animation I cannot use any of my counters during the animation, rendering all of my counter, which are supposed to COUNTER, useless. Is this working as intended?

Archived