May need to post GM's in game...

Cyradus

You may need to bite the bullet and hire a few GM's..pay them to sit around in-game and deal with the Gold selling spam-bots instantly and in real time. 8 hour shifts...a few per server with the ability to boot and ban the IP's. Maybe when they have them under control, they could run fun GM events for the community.

This game isn't that big. Give the GMs super powers to warp around anywhere, find the spammers wherever they are reported and get rid of them. If you guys take this kind of drastic "hardcore" approach to them, maybe they wont see BnS as a "comfortable" place to sell gold.

Just a thought.

Or simply let us play the role of "GMs." I posted this in some other thread but basically... If X number of players report someone for botting it will auto ban them. IF the botters complains about it, which I doubt since they're bots, then the GMs will take a look at it. If they bot is indeed innocent somehow then they will be unbanned. And this is where everyone will  say that some players will take advantage of this system. We can go into detail and make a feature that only players 'flagged' as bots will be banned if reported by X number of players. Then again, I doubt that, if X is a sufficient number, the player reported will be innocent. Currently this seems like most feasible way to actually RID of the bots rather than pretend they are not there by blocking them from chat and the sorts. I mean surely they contribute to increased queue time/ lag/ etc even if just a little right? Or maybe technology just not advanced enough for my ingenious idea.

Archived