So how does Faction pvp work&rewards?

gypt

I do enjoy PvP content and would like to understand it bit better, at the moment i know that wearing Faction outfit i can get Red quests but if someone could point to a link that will explain it more or care to give some tutorial for it?

Would like to know is there lvl caps with locations where i should be pvping?

Do i get points from every player i kill, every npc i kill or do i get points from only when i am doing a Red quests?

What rewards are recommend to get with these points and where to i can exchange for em?

Sry for bad English..

I, too, was curious about this and after reading your post, I decided to look it up.

http://bladeandsoul.gamepedia.com/PvP

It doesn't offer a lot of information, so i'll just sum it up.

When you kill someone within the valid level range of you (didn't say what it is, I'm guessing around 5 levels up or down) You'll get a temporary currency called Prestige Points, these points are traded in for Reputation within your Faction. After you accumulate X amount, your rank will increase from 10 to 9 and so on until you get to rank 1. The amount of Prestige you can have at any given time will increase with each rank, allowing you to get more Reputation at a time.

Be warned, if you do not frequently turn in your PP for Rep, you can lose all of it by being killed. You'll also lose any PP you currently have if you take off your uniform, switch channels, log out or Windstride.

There are also zones that have warring factions. There is one in Cinderlands, around 25, in the second area. Forget what it's called exactly( The area with _______Mirage town) This will have NPC faction camps. Your opposing faction's NPC will attack you regardless if you have your uniform on, as far as I can tell, fighting back or attacking them with your uniform off, will not flag you.  If you DO have your uniform on, you can get more RED quests. Haven't done any but I can assume you'll be killing and collecting resources. As I said, I havn't done any, but yoi'll probably get faction coins as you do with the other red quests, which you can use for getting items, what items? I don't know. Still learning myself lol

Hope this helped.

Happy hunting :)

Ey, thanks, this summarized it quite nicely, will have to test it out further to learn it, im already 44 almost at the cap and have some what skipped pvp areas, because lack of knowledge and frustration for being dump :)

8 hours ago, psyburn21 said:

I also have a question related to rewards.  How do you earn currency to buy stuff from your faction dealers?  I'd really like to buy some of the costumes and weapons in time.

I am not sure if i understood correctly but i think those currency drop at least from opponent side raid bosses, if i remember correctly at first pvp area we killed other sides npc and they spawned raid boss group that we killed and this dropped chest that all of us involved with killing them, could pick up as currency for our faction shop.

Edit: I am not sure if we had actual quest for that raid boss group or can we kill and gain reward just by wearing faction outfit.

just ignore cinderlands pvp(except to get to lvl 1 recruit or whatever the next contribution lvl after your starting 0)

you only receive useful items(basically only soulstones) in moonwater plains faction quests, which like some said are the red marked quests which only show up with uniform on

which is needed to craft moonwater trans stone, to advance from infernal HM item to the next tier

soulstones themselves sell for about 40s ea, on my server cho, moonwater stone about 7-8g

100 soulstones are needed to make 1 trans stone craft(yields 5 i think..), and also a few are needed for random things like, a few moonwater potter recipes, upgrading with high tier purples etc.

Cinderlands faction PvP can be frustrating because of the frequent lvl 45 visits, at the level cap areas it can feel more rewarding. The faction system is actually a bit complicated for rewards:

- you can advance your rank, through quests and by turning in the coloured (blue/red) prestige points. Higher ranks are needed for some quests to become eligible.

- you can get tokens from opposing faction minibosses, these can be exchanged for items, both costumes and useful

- quest also yield you faction insignia, which are important for CLAN advancement

Also important to keep in mind: Faction PvP is all about co-operation. Usually all quest kills, collections count for the whole party. So you profit significantly by teaming up for doing them!

Thanks Shuchin, that was great summarize about it as well,

Very great point also on about Faction pvp as co-operation, as i see and experienced Faction pvp can be very frustrating to run for many mainly because we try to solo run it, while ppl in parties will have much easier going, at higher lvl rewards also ask for higher cost, that means allot of farming is needed for some of the nicer rewards. Soloing all that would be ridiculous.

If I wanted to gain opposing faction tokens for outfits and the like, I know I need to kill OpFaction NPCs in order to summon the Miniboss.

My question is, about how many people (roughly) are needed in order to successfully/quickly bring the Miniboss down? (Say participants are around the lvl of the area.)

Would it be similar to the zone 'world' bosses where a very small handful can down it fast with no problems?

I'm also new to this, and unfortunately the game does a very poor job explaining any of this.

Someone discussed grouping, however I believe only the party leader earns PP when killing mobs of the opposing faction...right?  Meaning you have to solo farm that, otherwise it just goes to the party leader.

Please correct me if I'm wrong I really would like to understand the many systems involved in PvP points.  It's also unclear what advantage or reward there is for ranking up by turning in enough PP. And no where is there listed how much you need to reach each rank.

The bosses that spawn around Soul Stone Scar ARE soloable, but they are strong, more than one spawn, sometimes three, plus, there are tonnes of adds. Also, soloing can be a pain, because level 45s with no lives who think they are cool like to frequent the place. Yeah, it's the nature of open-world PvP, it's still pretty lame and can be a huge *cricket* off.

Anyways, the faction coins will drop off these bosses and you need 80 of then for the outfit.

As far as the Prestige Points go, that's not how it is "supposed" to go, but it's buggled. (I think, anyways.) However, you will still get Prestige, just not for every kill, it sucks, but with the faster kills, it balances out, plus, you get the added protection of allies around when the No-Lifes pay a visit.  It's pretty fun when a handful of 27's gangbang a Level 45 ;) Haha.

I'm also not totally sure, but I feel like the more damage you do, the more likely you are to get PP, again, not sure.

As far as the rewards for increasing your rank, I am not sure exactly what they are, but, with higher ranks, the Faction Shops offer more. More quests open up, with better rewards. Plus, Achievements and bragging rights ;)

Hope this helped, folks :)

I been farming bit of faction side now, i group up with other ppl and start killing opposite faction npcs at their tent, while we kill em their mini-bosses shows up, these drops the Insignias we need to purchase things from our tents npcs, everybody who helps killing the mini boss can loot those Insignias but for PP i seen some npc have red icon with their name and when we attack him, our nick name will show up along side hes nick and it seems that its represent whos doing most dmg to him atm. I guesss that also means who got the PP rights to him? Either way sometimes even he doesnt drop PP for whom did most dmg so i am not sure if this is even correct.

Killing players for PP, you can see if they have PP points next to their name, if he does and u kill him u get some of hes points, not all at least i did not get all but part of em.

Npc shops have jewelery, weapons with different stats, i am guessing they are more for pvp style?

They also have great soul shield sets, at Misty woods i got their soul shield set and jump HP to 34k from 15k something, they also have other nice stats, one shield cost 20 Insignias, so be ready for bit of farming.

Our Captain npc or something like that, tents commander, have also something called superior insignias, they cost 50 regular insignias but there is no explain what are they for?

Mucho thanks for all the replies to this topic, i am sure other ppl will have good read here too.

Archived