We don't need new servers.

Spratchet

Just now, dmoe33 said:

well actually since they added in new servers ive experienced significantly reduced que times and im on Jiwan. Yes the bots are a problem but unless theres like 300 of em in each server then its not gonna make a huge difference. Yes they need to be ridden of but it wont all of a sudden make 0 que times (unless ofc there is like 300 of em which idk if there is). They do need to go tho

Bots are not the only problem, just 1 I mentioned as an example. The fact is if they have 1000+ players trying to join a server then they needed to make servers with bigger capacity to begin with.

Just now, WNxArcticwolf said:

The new servers and old servers are maxed out  thats why they need new servers.

You're ignoring the point of the post entirely. I realize the servers are maxed out. Creating new servers does not solve this problem however. THAT was what I was saying.

Just now, Spratchet said:

Bots are not the only problem, just 1 I mentioned as an example. The fact is if they have 1000+ players trying to join a server then they needed to make servers with bigger capacity to begin with.

Well yes i agree, however they already stated that expanding the servers is physically impossible without causing further issues like a ton of lag for everyone but if theres some way they can then im all for it

Just now, dmoe33 said:

Well yes i agree, however they already stated that expanding the servers is physically impossible without causing further issues like a ton of lag for everyone but if theres some way they can then im all for it

Nonono you misunderstood. I meant that they needed to create the servers with a larger capacity to begin with, not make more capacity on them after launch. But, at the end of the day, having lag for a little while before they fix things would be a small price to pay for everyone to be able to get on.

15 minutes ago, Spratchet said:

Nonono you misunderstood. I meant that they needed to create the servers with a larger capacity to begin with, not make more capacity on them after launch. But, at the end of the day, having lag for a little while before they fix things would be a small price to pay for everyone to be able to get on.

No no i understand. I kno what ur saying they need the biggest possible servers available which im assuming they got (assuming, i dont know the details on their servers) the ppl at NC are not dumb they (sort of) know what theyre doing and i dont think they got small servers and when those ones are completely maxed out to the cap they need to add more to better dissipate the population although i believe they should have done it like on release 

We don't need more Servers. What good are the new Servers if the people currently stuck on overpopulated Servers can't even switch to less populated ones?
I mean if someone started on Windrest and reached Lv. 45 for example in those few days of official launch or the headstart, do you really think that person would just up and go delete his/her character to create it anew on another Server and start from 0 again? I don't think so, which brings me to the question why we don't have a Server Transfer option implemented, with a cooldown of 15-30 days between transfers. Sure you can always buy Premium Membership but even there you are in a damn queue, so the problem still stays the same.

ok , how come games like gw2 , wow ,ffxiv have better capacity x10 and they do not have these capacity issues? is not ncsoft in the mmos buisness for years now? how come they still till did not figure out a way to improve their servers? how about their past experiences with aion and l2? is not that supposed to be something they are brilliant in instead of hours and hours of queues?
this is a serious question , i demand some insight about the topic.

1 hour ago, AdmiralDome said:

ok , how come games like gw2 , wow ,ffxiv have better capacity x10 and they do not have these capacity issues? is not ncsoft in the mmos buisness for years now? how come they still till did not figure out a way to improve their servers? how about their past experiences with aion and l2? is not that supposed to be something they are brilliant in instead of hours and hours of queues?
this is a serious question , i demand some insight about the topic.

I remember Aion at launch and it wasn't this bad. Yeah it was pretty congested, but not a week of people being unable to play, and the bots were never as bad.

Well as i did say befor they need to make the servers biger.yes it can take the game out for some time.but all willl win from it.whats going on now is they burn money for nothing.people see 1h+ wait time and they go to the new server and thent it the wait time there as well.adding new servers is not fixing stupidity of nc. Hope they will not say that they got more people that they think they will.

Archived