Is this game actually worth the wait?

Bravestinsane

I installed the game yesterday as my friends recommended it to me.

I have spent hours today trying to get work arounds for the "repairing 80 bytes" issue to no avail.

I have NEVER in my life seen so much gold spamming in chat, other games have it bad as well, but on this scale? There's like 10 a second is beyond pathetic, they either have an abysmal number of moderators around of they just don't give a shit.

Then there's this *cricket*ing wait time, i have just spent 2 hours waiting to play the game, I loose connection for 5 seconds, and i'm back of the *cricket*ing line once again. Is this the same on every bloody sever? Or is it just not worth even trying to try and play this game at the weekends? I've tried a number of games at launch and none of them made you wait for over 2 hours.

Is this game even worth the wait? It was fun from what I've played so far, but truth be told the amount of time you spend waiting to actually have that "fun" is completely overshadowed that fun aspect, and I'm already feeling like giving up before I've even properly started.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

The game itself is extremely fun if you like active combat. The spammers are something you learn to live with/ignore and for the most part they don't hinder your experience. The game's cutscenes aren't affected by the chat log and once you join a guild (i'm not in one) I assume they won't be spamming the guild chat. Faction chat is flooded w/ them atm and local chat is pointless anyway. 

The queue is probably the main issue atm. If you can't play in the early mornings or super late at night then you probably won't be playing at all (depending on your schedule). 

It's been a long time since an MMO grasped my attention like this one but the queue is making it hard to want to log in. I'm sticking with it though because I hope the Devs want their game to be popular and successful and the only way that happens is if you take care of your players or at least "pretend" to. 

I played a lot of DCUO, so i'm used to this combat style and it's a lot more engaging.

I disagree about the spammers though, look at the sheer number of them how much space they take up, if they had active mods kickign them loads more people would be able to play.

I work the normal 9-5 shift, so looks like i'm not allowed to play this game then, i'll keep checking back but Black Desert beta is out next month and i'll probably end up there if this continues.

This will continue until almost everyone leaves the game...and the ones still staying that wasted more money than they have, are left playing alone, and decide to leave also, but they will not leave because they will be crying about the money they will leave behind...so..

my suggestion for you is to buy the 7 day premium and then  try to see what problem you get. The first day i was able to play the game and after the very first patch it screw me over. I bought the 3 month and i cant even install the launcher itself is missing the NCsoft/west .dll

I found the work around however now i cannot download the game. Tell me, how do you think i feel wasting 1 week of my 3 month subscription? I am premium and i cant play the game.  Support told me to look on the forums for assistance, reallly? 

blade and soul dojo has a workaround for the 80byte thing.  I guess it is a bug that applies to slower hard drives?  Because I see my client do a repair every time at 80 bytes, and it just takes 2 seconds.

Try making sure that your game is not installed in programs/

try putting it in root/Games/

My longest queue so far has been 2 minutes, but that is based a lot on the times I play.

Archived