Server crash and mods choose to not update

Everdeen

Such a critical time for players to have a check with the mods with what's going on but they're nowhere near reachable. Where have you guys gone? Yes the servers are being fixed as expected but the least you could do is keep in touch with us and update us with what's going on. So far the responses have been such cold phrases like 'We are currently investigating the cause' and the good old 'thank you for your patience'. All that were posted in one hour intervals. Honestly so disappointed, I can already see how future problems are going to be handled.

1. We are restarting all NA servers to help resolve the issue preventing players from logging in. Thank you for your patience.

93 retweets322 likes

Retweet

More

We are still working on the issues preventing some players from logging in. Thank you for your patience. #BladeandSoul

39 retweets137 likes

Retweet

More

We're still working on the issue causing connection problems. We'll post more details when we can, thank you for your patience #BladeandSoul

60 retweets174 likes

Retweet

More

We are aware players are having difficulty connecting to the servers and we are currently investigating the cause #BladeandSoul

14 minutes ago, forJAT said:
  1. We are restarting all NA servers to help resolve the issue preventing players from logging in. Thank you for your patience.

93 retweets322 likes

Retweet

More

We are still working on the issues preventing some players from logging in. Thank you for your patience. #BladeandSoul

39 retweets137 likes

Retweet

More

We're still working on the issue causing connection problems. We'll post more details when we can, thank you for your patience #BladeandSoul

60 retweets174 likes

Retweet

More

We are aware players are having difficulty connecting to the servers and we are currently investigating the cause #BladeandSoul

I've worked customer service, these are the most generic responses you could come up with. Let the the customer know you're aware of the issue and tell them, in the vaguest form ever, you're doing 'something' about it.

Delete this shit post man. They've been posting every hour since it started. Get a dang Twitter and stop living in the 1980s. They could sit and waist their time talking to your needed ass OR work on the problem... and give us periodic updates... hm... lets think about this. REALLY HARD!

Eh I'm not surprised there is an outage to be honest, first live weekend and there has obviously been a massive response to the game with the additions of servers etc. As far as their communication what more could you ask for or expect? Hourly updates are pretty standard imo. They aren't going to update with no new info every fifteen minutes or something. They're working on it. Move along.

4 minutes ago, JadeChaos said:

Delete this shit post man. They've been posting every hour since it started. Get a dang Twitter and stop living in the 1980s. They could sit and waist their time talking to your needed ass OR work on the problem... and give us periodic updates... hm... lets think about this. REALLY HARD!

Read quoted post above.

Wow I just wanted to play the game since its down I checked the forums its the first weekend yeah I spent the last 4 hours downloading it for it not to work that's why you check the forums it's not an 80s thing its common sense I only commented because I wanted the staff to know that I appreciated there response to the post Everdeen posted JadeChaos you sound a little wound up might want to take a few laxatives and clear yourself up or sit on a tic and spin :) Have a nice day--->Edit after reading post above more clearly: on a sad note i read the post above mine and realize JadeChaos was posting about that not my post so that everyone know's i'm a dumba** i am leaving my post up enjoy please don't beat me to hard for my half awake stupidity

2 minutes ago, Warsteiner said:

Wow I just wanted to play the game since its down I checked the forums its the first weekend yeah I spent the last 4 hours downloading it for it not to work that's why you check the forums it's not an 80s thing its common sense I only commented because I wanted the staff to know that I appreciated there response to the post Everdeen posted JadeChaos you sound a little wound up might want to take a few laxatives and clear yourself up or sit on a tic and spin :) Have a nice day

Exactly none of the above was directed at you.

I agree i dont want to spend my like 20 mins trying to figure out where they posted these updates or even posted about the server being down. Why not post it on the forum for your own game and as for not getting updates from games it just makes a lot of people happy and i dont believe that EVERY person can be working on the problem so a little info to the people who are playing and paying the game would be nice =3.

21 minutes ago, Everdeen said:

I've worked customer service, these are the most generic responses you could come up with. Let the the customer know you're aware of the issue and tell them, in the vaguest form ever, you're doing 'something' about it.

Because they have no idea whats broken silly.

The OP's problem is not that they were unaware they update on twitter, but that their updates were standard customer service fair, and if restarting the servers clearly didn't fix the issue at hand, they should have said something about it.

They aren't saying much because they don't know much, and the people who are currently awake to deal with this problem are not part of the CS or PR team, meaning they are only allowed to say certain things, and they may not even be aware WHAT they are allowed to say or not.

If their techs knew what was wrong, they would give an ETA. Most people are just upset because they know that no response mean something is still wrong, but honestly it is a bit rude to have said nothing for as long as they did. For an MMO this stuff is important, especially for the people paying for game time. You HAVE to expect some downtime, but on the other hand, you want what you paid for, it's understandable both ways.

Just try to keep in mind they ARE working on it, US out of the game does THEM no good either.

Archived