Help I am trying to understand "Joint Attacks"..

Gamerchick

So I have been in quite a few dungeon runs and I see on Boss fights a prompt on my screen that says "you can stop X,Y,Z bosses X,Y,Z attack by using joint attacks".  I know my skill guide says the space bar is for joint attacks, but I am completely confused on how to make a joint attack and or how to use others.  Is this something that you can keybind?  Please help me understand how this works.  I see a lot of folks struggle in some boss fights and I never really see any "Blocking" or stopping of certain boss attacks and have to assume this prompt is telling me the joint attacks can do this.  

Okay, it is actually simple.

A joint attack is when a skill that could be used to apply a CC of a certain type is available on your class to complete the CC started on the boss.

eg. Someone applies a green status effect and you have a skill available off cooldown.

to better facilitate a successful reaction to this they make the icon light up and allow spacebar to trigger the attack as well as the usual hotkey

I hope this helps.

Basically when one of your party members applies a Crowd Control effect and the boss-monster resists it then everyone else in the group gets a prompt telling them to use their own stun/trip/daze whatever. If enough people try to CC the boss together it will work, even though they're normally immune.

Archived