Make outfit pouch costumes purchasable

Darkshana

I think I'm not the only one here that would like to just buy the outfits instead of opening them in a costume pouch. The original intention was that we can salvage costumes from world or dungeon costumes but because of bot farmers they had to make them non-salvageable and some of those costumes original cost gold from the costume salesmen. In addition to the really low success rate they also destroy the sub mats on fail and success sometime means getting one piece of high quality cloth.

I seriously just rather pay 10 or 20 bucks for that dumb thing than to cough blood trying to get it.

The danger of selling the costumes directly is that they could lower the already pretty damn random in-game chances to direct players into the 'buy it directly instead' approach...and we would never know.

What they should do is add an anti-frustration meter that goes up a bit with each attempt. After a certain number of attempts, you get to pick a reward from the reward pool and the meter resets. Then people who aren't blessed by the RNG would at least have a clear goal in mind.

"I need 50 deva essences for the next guaranteed loot picking!" vs "I need...what's the drop rate of this outfit, again? Does anybody know? 1%? That'd be...an average of 100 deva essences, right? But it's random so maybe I won't get it even after 100 attempts. Maybe all get it earlier! Or...never. Uhm. Maybe I should go do something else instead. SAY Guild Wars 2 is looking peachy this time of the year!"

you other two are talking bout completely different thing from what op is talking bout. yours is a non issue more of not wanting to work for the costumes where as op is bringing up the craft costume boxes which are a terrible experience thanks to changes to salvageable costumes cause of bots. i agree that since its now only possible to get the fabrics from store only costumes and on rare occasions events its pretty painful to even want to try to craft to get those costumes(and theres several id love to get myself.). something needs to change bout it but dont know what they can do that wont get wrecked by bots since they cant seem to do anything bout them.

Archived