Game crashing my pc randomly

Warhead226

Hey everyone at first i was lead to believe it was my computer acting up, so i checked for viruses or faulty drivers but everything was alright. Heavier games run completely fine, like battlefield 4 or skyrim or fallout 4. But still i formatted my pc to factory settings and updated my drivers but the crashes continued. After a day of browsing the forums or googling my issues, i found out many others are experiencing the same thing. The game randomly crashes your PC, you're locked in either in a black screen or blue. yellow, and purple colors.  Others were crashing due to razer and stuff but i dont have that service. My PC is an Asus g20 with nvidia geforce GTX 750 and my processor intel core I5 and im currently on Windows 8. From what i read many others are experiencing the same problems, no its not faulty drivers or the razer service, its something else. So in full detail this is what happens, I play for a few minutes, lvling up my character and bam the monitor either goes fully black or blue , purple, and yellow. I can't alt-tab or alt-f4 or go to my desktop, it just locks up. The only thing to do at that point is to turn off my pc entirely either by disconnecting the power cable or doing a manual reset. Sometimes im able to hear sounds in the background, like the video i was currently watching while playing the game, but that happened only once. We must find a fix guys, im not the only one experiencing this. 

I have been with customer support for 2 days now. Since then I have reinstalled windows, reinstalled all of my graphics drivers (clean install) removed all of my antivirus software, provided them with numerous logs including dxdiag and hijackthis. I have also disabled all services on startup with the exception of Microsoft services. I have also gone through the cmd to use  netsh winsock show catalog >C:\LSP.txt, along with  netsh winsock reset, and running the game as administrator. The support team has actually stopped responding to me for an entire day until I opened up a new ticket to which they replied the exact same messages in the same order, unable to get my game to work. I have also confirmed that my NVIDIA control panel is set to having the game run specifically on my GTX GPU. I should mention that when I crash, it usually happens the instant I log in, to about 5 minutes into the game, and this is an entire PC crash, not just the game. I am forced to reboot because my entire PC is unresponsive. My PC is by no means a low-end PC and I run far more demanding games on max settings without any problems.

have you looked at the "bluescreen" mini dump with that bluescreen viewer app? 

at least it will give you an idea of what exactly is locking up the system 

sounds like video driver failing during gameplay, in a harsh way, which can freeze the pc

search that bluescreen viewer app, and check to see what driver file caused it , there are a lot of people complaining about BnS +win10 +stability ,and personally i had weird pc lockups with the video driver as the cause in a few games since win10 

maybe unrelated but , while you're waiting for replies to your ticket, might be worth a try , if it IS the video driver that's causing the freeze , maybe try beta drivers for your card, sometimes beta versions of the drivers, while unstable , fix these things 

Similar issue here, my PC randomly crashes without bluescreen of death just some vertical gray/purple lines and everything stop working after they show up (for example: keyboard or even the restart button on the PC box) that happens after few hours of playing Blade & soul ( no matter what i do, for example: 1. getting new quest 2. watching the quest movie or 3. just fight ) and i dont have any problems with other heavy games. My GPU/CPU not overheating, have latest drivers, windows 7 - my PC is like: Power supply Corsair VS650, CPU i5-4670,GPU r9 280x, 8gb RAM. If you have any other suggestions please let me know, i hope its not something from my PC. I am crossing fingers the BNS support team will take care of this BIG issue (for me at least) because i really like the game, but this issue make me stop playing it :(

Same problem here. My pc is a AMD fx-8320 + R9 380. The game seems to runs some areas fine but then it get to other areas and it crashs a lot.

Also for anyone having this issue with 5 minutes crash do this.

go to Regedit - HKEY_Local_Machine - System - Current Control Set - Control - GraficsDrivers . There do a New QWord 64 bits ( or 32 depends on your operating system) , Name it TdrDelay ( case sensitive)  and put the value at 8. This should increase how long it takes for you guys  to get the crash ( it increased mine from 5 minutes playing to hours). 

On certain areas of the game though ( like the first faction and the lyn village) it stills crashs a lot, like 20 minutes playing.

I'm noticing a lot of people with the Nvidia GTX750 are having this issue. I have the same card and I'm also getting these crashes. I can play anywhere from 1 minute to 3 hours before it will crash and the graphic setting doesn't seem to make a difference regardless if its at level 1 or 5 on the advanced graphics option. 

I've been dealing with this since last Friday and the crashes seem to be related to certain areas/locations in the game. I can go through some areas without any problems but other areas will crash my pc multiple times. I've specifically noticed it happen a lot wherever the "dark chi" undead things spawn.

On 23/01/2016 at 0:15 PM, KungFurher said:

I've been dealing with this since last Friday and the crashes seem to be related to certain areas/locations in the game. I can go through some areas without any problems but other areas will crash my pc multiple times. I've sp

Same, I got crashs on the first faction quests map, I was crashing there every 5 minutes. Then I kept playing and whenever I reach some areas it starts crashing like crazy.

Archived