Crafting bugs, or working as intended?

Lorelei

Let me preface this by saying that I know this thread is extremely likely to get swallowed in the waves of topics complaining about the server queue times, so if you agree with any of what I post at all let's try to keep this on the front page. It's disheartening to see no response to most of the 4k+ threads in the Bug Reports forum while vitriolic click-bait titles and multiple threads on the same topic get a mod response, so hopefully posting this in Gen Discussion instead of Bug Reports will get clarification on this.

For the most part, crafting in this game is alright. It's not especially engaging or rewarding (very few crafts turn a profit like they did in beta due to ease of access - pretty much the only thing you can make currently that sells for well worth the investment are the refiners, and that's because they're ludicrously time and materials-intensive to make), but so far crafting "works", with a notable exception.

Radiant Ring.

In the beta, you were able to make cheap, simple accessories to serve as upgrade fodder for your jewelry, which was a blessed respite from having to run things like Plague Hollow or Adder's Nest about 10 times just to get your Hongmoon items ready for breakthrough. It was also a reasonable way to level up the Radiant Ring craft without having to spend tons of time or money on things like Premium Simple Refiners or Triangular Gem Fragments. I have yet to see it confirmed anywhere whether the removal of these accessory crafts is a bug, or working as intended. If it's the latter, please reconsider this rather dubious decision - Radiant Ring is downright painful to level now, and removing the accessories removed what I feel was a pretty unique, niche function of the jeweler crafting profession. (This could also apply to the Forgekeeper weapons no longer being alternatives to dungeon breakthrough weapons, but at least the Forgekeeper stuff wasn't removed, the weapons just simply serve as weapon skins, which still have a use...and most importantly, a market.)

Even if the accessories won't be making a comeback, there is an actual bug within the Radiant Ring recipe drop from Viridian Coast itself - the item "Jeweler's Secret Technique - Viridian Coast" reads on the recipe description that it unlocks the "Dazzling Seafaring Accessory" for the Radiant Ring craft, but it doesn't actually unlock anything. None of the other recipes are bugged like this, as far as I know. Leveling Radiant Ring up to 2 also does not fix this bug. I am not sure if the Cinderlands and Moonwater recipes are also bugged in this way, as I haven't acquired them yet to try them out.

Lastly, for a non-Radiant Ring specific issue, virtually all of the items obtained from gathering professions have different names depending on whether you're looking at them from your inventory, ordering them from your gathering representatives, or trying to search them on the auction house. This means that players who weren't familiar with crafting and gathering from the foreign versions or the beta are left confused and possibly unable to locate the items they need to make specific things. Frankly, I'm baffled as to why the item names were even changed in the first place, but so long as they're all re-named to be consistent across cataloging methods I see no complaint about any changes to the names.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post. Any clarification I can get from a mod or an NC rep would be excellent.

I dunno.  I crafted a bunch of green accessories on TW, and they gave such small upgrades to my items I stopped bothering with them, except to level the craft.  And yeah, the names are screwed up all over.  Be sure to mention it when you get to the survey about translations.

1 minute ago, rocdog said:

I dunno.  I crafted a bunch of green accessories on TW, and they gave such small upgrades to my items I stopped bothering with them, except to level the craft.  And yeah, the names are screwed up all over.  Be sure to mention it when you get to the survey about translations.

Well, small or not, the point was that it was an option... Right now Radiant Ring just makes keys and gems, which are REALLY handy and useful items, but they're so laborious to create that it's a little frustrating. In addition, those items are craftable in the foreign versions, so I'm not sure why they'd be purposefully removed here.

even bought technique says now you are able to "make blaze ring" 

used it

notification

new craft item has appeared or something like that showed up,

went to ring clan, still can't craft ring.

I am really sure its bug

• 2 weeks later...

Archived