Constant crashing SOLVED! (finally!)

Diacor

Services named "Razer Chroma SDK Service" and "Razer Game Scanner Service" are the ones that keeps crashing your client. Stop those services, and you'll be fine.

Game Guard sees those two Razer Services as a threat, and since it can't stop them itself, it stops the game instead, because it sees a threat and wants to run away (wussy).

I've been fighting with this problem for the whole weekend, done pretty much all the voodoo you can imagine (software and hardware wise both) without any change, until now. I stopped those services, and now BnS works like a beauty, no problems! Managed to play some 5 hours nonstop without problems after that.

- Go to task manager
- Choose "Services"
- Find "Razer Chroma SDK Service" and choose it
- You can't stop it by right clicking it, it says access denied. You need to click that "Services"-button on lower right.
- Find "Razer Chroma SDK Service" again, click "Actions" and "Stop" (it's grayed out on me, because I've already done it)
- Click "Actions" again and choose "Properties"
- Open the "Startup type"-drop box, and choose "Disabled", Apply, OK.

Done, now your game should work just fine.

Here's a Picture of the settings, to help you out.

Big shout out to player named "Lo Wang", thank for figuring this out!

Have fun all! :)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Zetian said:

Yes, same here. Is there any other program that causes  Game Guard to freak out? 

Probably yes, I just don't know what. Those Razer processes are the only ones known to crash B&S so far, at least the only ones I know of.

1 hour ago, TakkuNL said:

I also have these crashes, but i dont own anything razer.

Sorry to hear this didn't solve your problem, I have no idea what could cause the crash if not those Razer processes, since I literally tried everything (even ripping off my hair with my bare hands) before coming up with those Razer Services. Maybe there's some other problem Services too, that we just don't know yet about :/

14 hours ago, rojirigo said:

Same issue, thanks... it was horrible. But just the SDK service, the Razer game scanner automatically starts again but it works fine for many hours :3.

They need to patch it soon, with many chroma users.

The  Chroma features are really cool, please get this fixed NCSoft.

16 hours ago, TakkuNL said:

I also have these crashes, but i dont own anything razer.

15 hours ago, Zetian said:

Yes, same here. Is there any other program that causes  Game Guard to freak out? 

10 hours ago, Impy said:

Still doesnt help the people who dont have razor 

Do you have ASUS GameFirst Service? That seems to be one problem service also, which Game Guard doesn't like.

2 hours ago, Yura said:

I am still getting crashed but just before end of last loading. (After choosing character) 

I haven't got Asus GameFirst Service and Razer as well.

You can't even get in to game? Crash after choosing Character? Sounds a little different, damn. What's up with this game :/

9 hours ago, SlipperyFish said:

Thanks for the help, these 2 services were indeed the problem to the crashes. Could you tell me how you find it out? It would be useful for me if I knew how to troubleshoot these kind of things in the future.

Same way most of us do, only that my friend was helping on the task, so we had double efficiency: first try everything you can imagine yourself, and when you run out of ideas, start the furious search through internet and try everything out.

It took us 2 days, we tried out every single superstitious voodoo tricks people were thinking might cause the problem, until my friend saw somewhere mentioned those Razer Services, he asked me if I could find those on my computer, and I did. I then tried to shut them down, and the rest is history.

hey i stopped both the Razer game scannar and the SDK thing but it still crashes, whenever i open up the client and get past the "play now" button it says "The game client encountered an error while running. Shutting down the game client.(4049)" the game is unplayable, if i restart my computer it will work for a few minutes and i'll be able to play but then it crashes again and it's unplayable, can someone please help?

You are amazing! God.. I never am lucky with searching forums for answers but I think that it actually might have solved my issue. How frustrating was this? Nobody else was having issues and everybody kept saying it was my computer!

Thank you again! ♥

Archived