Constant crashing SOLVED! (finally!)

Diacor

4 hours ago, Hurricane818 said:

if you started crashing after the last patch but you were ok before. theres another forum that tells you to change the enable chroma keyboard in the client configuration from value y to value n save the file and run blade and soul.

theres a lot of info in that forum..i believe its titled, crashing after patch or something like that.

if your crashing and getting a black pc screen before and after the patch, ill tell you what I did, upgrade my GPU and PSU and no more crash for me.

I was using the gtx750 350watt psu, and upgrade to gtx960 600watt psu. don't know why this would fix the issue since my pc only crashed with this game but im telling you that's what fixed it for me. good luck.

I had already disabled the chroma stuff.
But now the game is crashing when after you use your PIN

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Blazerock said:

I had already disabled the chroma stuff.
But now the game is crashing when after you use your PIN

Apparently you are supposed to enable it now. Also, it's server maintenance for the next 5 hours so there's no point trying to log in.

The servers are down and under maintenance, thats why we get this message. 

The maintenance news announced only here as i know https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul

It is confusing, because you get this error message window also when game crash from other problems. So people can not understand where is the problem.

NCSOFT should have make a server status site at least, or proper message when you logged in game, like "the servers are in maintenance", or something like that.

I found a workaround for now, works for me anyway...

1) Turn on the razer Chroma SDK service.  Otherwise i can't even get past the BnS logo without crashing.

To turn this service back on, i had to go to Synapse, press one of my Chroma products -> chroma apps and make sure everything is set to ON.

2) Edit the config file (C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\BnS\NCWEST\ClientConfiguration.xml) put back the chroma setting to "y". 

3) Clear that folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\GameGuard)

4) Restart PC.

5)Now, the problem is, u can get in game with the Chroma services running. But is still crashes your game in like 10-20 mins.

So when i'm in game, i go immediatly go back to task manager and just put of the Chroma SDK service. Just leave Synapse running, it doesn't affect your game. 

So now im in game, and it doesn't crash!

The only downside for now; every time when I want to restart BnS, i need to restart my entire PC to get the chroma service pop back up in task manager to actually log in.

But hey, at least i can play. For now. 

Hope this works for someone else as well :)

22 minutes ago, Aymohnat said:

I found a workaround for now, works for me anyway...

1) Turn on the razer Chroma SDK service.  Otherwise i can't even get past the BnS logo without crashing.

To turn this service back on, i had to go to Synapse, press one of my Chroma products -> chroma apps and make sure everything is set to ON.

2) Edit the config file (C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\BnS\NCWEST\ClientConfiguration.xml) put back the chroma setting to "y". 

3) Clear that folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS\bin\GameGuard)

4) Restart PC.

5)Now, the problem is, u can get in game with the Chroma services running. But is still crashes your game in like 10-20 mins.

So when i'm in game, i go immediatly go back to task manager and just put of the Chroma SDK service. Just leave Synapse running, it doesn't affect your game. 

So now im in game, and it doesn't crash!

The only downside for now; every time when I want to restart BnS, i need to restart my entire PC to get the chroma service pop back up in task manager to actually log in.

But hey, at least i can play. For now. 

Hope this works for someone else as well :)

When are you all gonna listen???!! Its not RAZR!! Myself and others have already explained we have no razr products nor software installed and are getting the same issues.

Stop with the false RAZR solutions.

Thanks.

Husband and I have gone through this whole forum looking for answers. We are computer nerds and we cant even figure out why ours is crashing. We DO HAVE RAZER, but.. We have done everything posted in this thread. Disable, re- enable, play with the config files restarts all day today. We will be in the middle of pvp or even a instance and it just flat out crashes. We even went as far as turning down in game graphics 100%. We can bank stand for hours but the moment we move or turn around instant DC. - This has been happening all day and we are furious with this issue.

disabling chroma sdk and razer through MSCONFIG is totally different than changing the "use chroma keyboard" value from y to n in client configuration.

as far as im concerned.  2 weeks ago, there were many people with razer apps and chroma sdk apps that were crashing and the fix before was to disable those programs through MSconfig. which fixed their issue.

but....after this latest patch, they fixed it and people still kept crashing because they had razer and chroma sdk disabled still (so now the process has to be reversed).. and now those 2 apps actually have to be enabled, in order to get pass the launcher stage.  this only applied to the people that have razer and chroma sdk apps open in their task managers. if you don't have those apps ignore this..

if for whatever reason you are still crashing and don't have razer or chroma apps.. you still fall into the category of people that may fix the crashing issue by opening up your MY PC, documents, , BNS folder, NCWEST folder, than finding your client configuration. once their. you right click client configuration, click edit, find the USE CHROMA KEYBOARD out of that entire list, and change the value from y to n, click file save than close and launch the game as you normaly would. this should fix your issue if you cant get passed the pin or are crashing after 2 minutes of playing.

if that didn't fix your issue, or if your entire PC monitor along with everything crashes and turns off completely forcing you to shutdown.. your in a whole other issue, and that issue I myself fixed by replacing my graphics card and power supply. another person bluepickle on this forum also replaced their gpu and psu and haven't had this crash either.

I hope this clears things up a bit. please provide your error code, or a detailed description of the crash,

if your crashing after the pin with error code state that,

if your crashing after pin with no error code state that

if your crashing and your entire pc is crashing aswell state that. and so on and so forth, there are actually many different scenerios of crashes and if we have more details from everyone on this forum it will be easier to trace the most known issues for the relevant concerns, instead of trying everysingle recommendation everyone posts because of lack of info.

29 minutes ago, Hurricane818 said:

disabling chroma sdk and razer through MSCONFIG is totally different than changing the "use chroma keyboard" value from y to n in client configuration.

as far as im concerned.  2 weeks ago, there were many people with razer apps and chroma sdk apps that were crashing and the fix before was to disable those programs through MSconfig. which fixed their issue.

but....after this latest patch, they fixed it and people still kept crashing because they had razer and chroma sdk disabled still (so now the process has to be reversed).. and now those 2 apps actually have to be enabled, in order to get pass the launcher stage.  this only applied to the people that have razer and chroma sdk apps open in their task managers. if you don't have those apps ignore this..

if for whatever reason you are still crashing and don't have razer or chroma apps.. you still fall into the category of people that may fix the crashing issue by opening up your MY PC, documents, , BNS folder, NCWEST folder, than finding your client configuration. once their. you right click client configuration, click edit, find the USE CHROMA KEYBOARD out of that entire list, and change the value from y to n, click file save than close and launch the game as you normaly would. this should fix your issue if you cant get passed the pin or are crashing after 2 minutes of playing.

if that didn't fix your issue, or if your entire PC monitor along with everything crashes and turns off completely forcing you to shutdown.. your in a whole other issue, and that issue I myself fixed by replacing my graphics card and power supply. another person bluepickle on this forum also replaced their gpu and psu and haven't had this crash either.

I hope this clears things up a bit. please provide your error code, or a detailed description of the crash,

if your crashing after the pin with error code state that,

if your crashing after pin with no error code state that

if your crashing and your entire pc is crashing aswell state that. and so on and so forth, there are actually many different scenerios of crashes and if we have more details from everyone on this forum it will be easier to trace the most known issues for the relevant concerns, instead of trying everysingle recommendation everyone posts because of lack of info.

That happens to me, now I have to activate razer to play, this will fix it too? Now I need to activate razer first, and then once inside, turn it off to avoid the crash

36 minutes ago, fonty said:

That happens to me, now I have to activate razer to play, this will fix it too? Now I need to activate razer first, and then once inside, turn it off to avoid the crash

yes you should go back to your task manager find the razer app, or sdk chroma app in your services, and re-enable them if they are disabled.

than launch the game and play the game with both of them still enabled. the latest patch doesn't have any details as to what they changed. but im pretty sure they made it so you no longer have to play with razer and chroma sdk disabled.

I FOUND OUT HOW TO FIX THIS CRASH. STOP DELETING AND EDITING FILES IT'S VERY SIMPLE:

Ok so I have a GTX980 gpu and my frame rate was around 80 but would drop to 20-30 when I would move around and then it would crash. First, update Razer synapse and make sure you have all of the latest versions downloaded. Keep ALL Razer programs RUNNING when you open the game and log in. After getting into the game, go to TASK MANAGER and go to Razer Chroma SDK Service and END THE TASK. Putting all of my settings to 5 made my game run much more smoothly. Also in the bottom I changed the quality settings to 5 as well. I played for 5 hours without a crash and again today. As for the people who crash 5-10 minutes into the game and can't play past the loading screen where you put in your pin because it says there was an error in your client after crashing once, go to TASK MANAGER and end the BnS task manually. It doesn't completely close when it crashes. This should save some of you a lot of time. Last, the people who don't use Razed products are out of luck right now because nobody has found what other programs specifically cause that game to crash, but always start the game with everything running, THEN go to task manager once you are logged in and end tasks.

The game play good at max resolution! But after 30/60/random minutes, will crash.

Before crash, I notice some strange mob movement, example, when I get in the air a bear, the bear seams to dance randomly.......

Crash happens after latest two updates, from 14/15 version and in the map Moonwater Plains.

Hardware:

CPU haswell i5-4670k

Video: asus 560 ti

Motherboard: Maximus VI Hero

Archived