Slow Darkweald Mob Respawn Rate in Low Populated Channels

Cosmo Fairly

I've noticed that Darkweald mobs respawn really slow in low populated Darkweald channels, is this intended or are the respawn rates just faster in higher populated channel? Because it's a complete waste of time/hourglass/exp food when farming in a low populated channel. This just incentivizes people to just stack up in the higher populated channel rending the other channels useless. 

Edited by Cosmo Fairly

Probs we are "killing" too fast rn. Maybe when we get B2 some stronger mobs/more exp will happen.

Clear time only increased by 3min, so maybe it is only subjective. Still I also unndergo the impression to be like waiting for mobs to spawn while I am the only one around.

On 1/20/2023 at 7:20 PM, Cosmo Fairly said:

I've noticed that Darkweald mobs respawn really slow in low populated Darkweald channels, is this intended or are the respawn rates just faster in higher populated channel? Because it's a complete waste of time/hourglass/exp food when farming in a low populated channel. This just incentivizes people to just stack up in the higher populated channel rending the other channels useless. 

Different spots have different spawn rates.

there’s only a few spots with good spawn rate.

don’t think it has anything to do with channel population

I've grinded in the same spot for a long time and it's definitely not coz of my kill rate or location. It was always something to do with the channel. In my usual spot, I'm able to grind properly without downtime if I see a lot of people around in the same channel, but if the channel is low populated (I can confirm this coz I run around and look when ever it stops spawning for me) my character waits around some where between 30-40secs before a mob spawns.
Sometimes when it stops spawning, I go to a more populated channel and see that the same spot spawns mobs perfectly.
I can agree different spots have different dense of mobs but the issue I'm talking about has nothing to do with it 100%

Edited by Cosmo Fairly

Adjacent spots 'share' spawn points, so if people in nearby areas are also killing mobs, they will respawn in the surrounding area. If you are the only one killing in the area, they may have just leaked over to the areas to the side and you need to go kill it yourself or park yourself in an area next to someone else.

image.png

This is an example from b1 - the black line shares spawn points, and the blue line also shares spawn points. The only reason why I have a speculation of this is because there was a night where the channel was completely dead and I the spot you see me at in the screenshot was completely empty of mobs, but the lower area had 3x the normal density. As soon as I cleared that area out, the spot I was originally in almost instantly filled back up. Others that I have talked to when I brought this up have confirmed the speculation on shared spawns with their own tests as well.

image.png

This one is another location in b1 that the 4 'circles' have shared spawn points. There are definitely other locations as well and it is safe to assume the first floor acts in a similar way.

Edited by Chaosbutter

Adjacent spots 'share' spawn points, so if people in nearby areas are also killing mobs, they will respawn in the surrounding area. If you are the only one killing in the area, they may have just leaked over to the areas to the side and you need to go kill it yourself or park yourself in an area next to someone else.

image.png

This is an example from b1 - the black line shares spawn points, and the blue line also shares spawn points. The only reason why I have a speculation of this is because there was a night where the channel was completely dead and I the spot you see me at in the screenshot was completely empty of mobs, but the lower area had 3x the normal density. As soon as I cleared that area out, the spot I was originally in almost instantly filled back up.

To further add to this, as the area in black is where I am currently farming and all 3 spots are empty at this moment (someone is clearing the blue line's corner area):

Screenshot00030.jpg

Screenshot00029.jpg

These two are screenshots of when the area that I farm at usually (the 'corner' of the black line) started to lose density - when looking at the bottom part of this 'black line', you can see that the mob density looks abnormally high. However, once we clear that bottom area, we get this:

Screenshot00031.jpg
Screenshot00032.jpg

The spawns in the first area get almost immediately repopulated as soon as cleared out the bottom area. 

image.png

This one is another location in b1 that the 4 'circles' have shared spawn points. There are definitely other locations as well and it is safe to assume the first floor acts in a similar way.

Edited by Chaosbutter
I hit reply instead of edit when I was adding more information. Oops

• 4 weeks later...

bumping this topic since things have worsened. appx 1 mob spawns every 20sec now, which decreases exp gain and efficiency significant. This was supposed to be an afk area. Now it is more like swapping location every minute to get any exp at all.

ch1 (around my spot) is empty rn, so nobody else is farming. only thing I can't rule out is that my char does too much dmg for b1 at this point. so please introduce b2 or more already. am alr back at earthseers requesting exp charms and after the 1minute craft time (and 10years to get stuff delivered) I can seek a new spot in darkweald to farm <7mil exp while I await my next batch of charms.