Few Question

Machence

Afternoon,

I used to play this game ages ago. First Taiwan and then EU. However due to personal matters I had to quit not that long after. At the time we didn't had much. I believe a dungeon after Asura of Frozen Palace or whatever and 15th floor of Mushin tower or something like that. I really wanted the bloody costumes . In short lvl 50 HM10 content. Back then the game was soo much time consuming. Like do the 4355 dungeon dailies, the 24324 open world dailiePLAY FREE NOWs, the 32432 lvl 50 plains PVP dailies, the pvp dailies and finally farm dungeons for materials and gold and plains npc waves for Soulstones or something like that. 

How it is nowadays in comparison to back then? Can you progress to a decent level with casual play of 2h(ish). By decent level I mean to do some sort of end game content eventually.

I used to be a FM. Whilst trying to recover my account(founder master goodies, wardrobe etc)  out of curiosity I`ve trialed lvl 50 new character. Needless to say skills et all looks so alien. How good would be the class nowadays? Back in the day FM was quite versatile for both arena 1v1 and PVE. I wasn't  top tier PVP(Like back then bevy and alike or whatever their names were) but in terms of PVE I were decent. 

We used to have gotcha boxes and so on cash goodies. Is it still the case? 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Edited by Machence

well, unless you can recover your login a ratehr long story will await you. also pvp is basically dead.

2hrs/day will be sufficient though login rewards cap at 3hrs. since your time sounds like before I even started I might not be able to cover all changes, just be aware there are many. even fm isn't alike fm anymore.

compared to my first character you advance at highspeed now. new freebies almost get you to 2nd BiS anything. trove still exists and will be accompanied by other cash only events.

52 minutes ago, Saito Sacchi said:

well, unless you can recover your login a ratehr long story will await you. also pvp is basically dead.

2hrs/day will be sufficient though login rewards cap at 3hrs. since your time sounds like before I even started I might not be able to cover all changes, just be aware there are many. even fm isn't alike fm anymore.

compared to my first character you advance at highspeed now. new freebies almost get you to 2nd BiS anything. trove still exists and will be accompanied by other cash only events.

Thank you. So they reduced the grind. That's nice. Used to feel like second job.

https://imgur.com/G86eeNj

https://imgur.com/mbacWQg

But admittedly back in those days the game was rather simple. The skills look weird as heck now...

I remember the times you talk about.

The grind really depends on your goals. Getting the newest accessories and weapon is relatively easy. Upgrading them is awful tho. It's rng now. Upgrading them to +6 is easy, +11 takes time (these are kind of milestones for upgrades). Don't go above +11 if you are playing casualy.

About endgame content, we have demonsbane dungeons. From stage 1 to 20, difficulty increases. You can get most stuff on stage 5, so that's nice.

Raids still exist, but the last one is about 2 years old. Clearing them is not extremely hard now, but you need to do some mechanics in them, which is fine.

Clearing the newest solo dungeon (shrouded ajanara) on hard can be a good endgame goal. You'll need 100m dps while doing mechanics. Other solo dungeons are awesome too.

Daily challenge resting bonus is great, if you don't do it for 1 or 2 days, you can get all the rewards on the 3rd day. So basicaly you only have to do daily challenge on every 3rd day and still get all the rewards.

You can do most stuff in less than 2 hours a day.

We finally have a world chat 😄(Some ppl still use faction chat tho, don't know why)

The game still has p2w "events", that never changed.

1 hour ago, Kicsiduda said:

I remember the times you talk about.

The grind really depends on your goals. Getting the newest accessories and weapon is relatively easy. Upgrading them is awful tho. It's rng now. Upgrading them to +6 is easy, +11 takes time (these are kind of milestones for upgrades). Don't go above +11 if you are playing casualy.

About endgame content, we have demonsbane dungeons. From stage 1 to 20, difficulty increases. You can get most stuff on stage 5, so that's nice.

Raids still exist, but the last one is about 2 years old. Clearing them is not extremely hard now, but you need to do some mechanics in them, which is fine.

Clearing the newest solo dungeon (shrouded ajanara) on hard can be a good endgame goal. You'll need 100m dps while doing mechanics. Other solo dungeons are awesome too.

Daily challenge resting bonus is great, if you don't do it for 1 or 2 days, you can get all the rewards on the 3rd day. So basicaly you only have to do daily challenge on every 3rd day and still get all the rewards.

You can do most stuff in less than 2 hours a day.

We finally have a world chat 😄(Some ppl still use faction chat tho, don't know why)

The game still has p2w "events", that never changed.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Most of my friends quitted back then because of the grind. It was not easy to dedicate 5-6h a day for a game.

The thing that put me off the most at the moment is skills. Tweaking skills is fine, they have been doing it since day 1 but removing dual stance and either you`re with fire or ice is kind of putting me off to be fair. At least of playing FM. The skills paths seems to be gone too. And I can't see in the shop a voucher to change class. Is it a thing at all? 

The above leads to another question. As I'm not fan of mele at all and Warlock isn't my thing, how is archer as a class? 

Regarding the p2w. Some items where cash exclusive back then. Is it still the case? I remember from the first trove we had certain gems which you couldn't get from anywhere else. And they were account bound so I could use them on my alt.

6 minutes ago, Machence said:

The skills paths seems to be gone too.

You have to the "legacy of the hongmoon clan" (or something like this) purple quest. It opens up talents and 3rd spec for fm. Fire fm can grab bosses, which is extremely useful for the party. You may try 3rd spec too for unlimited powa!

how is archer as a class?

Not very popular, but it's the next in line to get a 3rd spec, so might become OP in a few months, who knows.

Regarding the p2w. Some items where cash exclusive back then. Is it still the case? I remember from the first trove we had certain gems which you couldn't get from anywhere else. And they were account bound so I could use them on my alt.

You can get account bound gems easily, but the high-tier combined gems are pretty p2w.

Legacy comes at HM8 now if you wonder. There isn't much skill tweaking (as compared to back in the days though), you have "a build" and pretty much play this on 90% of content. Affirmentioned grad for example is used alot since debuff demage is a thing (can view it as "special skills while grabbed minus special skills annd more like dmg increase).

We indeed have class change vouchers, probably again with archer 3rd in march(?) <.- this just a wiiiiiild guess. Since bimonthly updated to the game april could be more realistic, then again march would bring spring trove so I expect archer 3rd to happen around there. So rn, no chance to switch, but let me ask why you want to switch. Especially (cutting nostalgic reasons short for a sec) you didnt play for long - maybe - you'd be better just making a new character to begin with. class change voucher is quite pricey if it comes along. and voucher is real money exclusive so, just be informed that changing class isn't the cheapest option [drastically changes though if you have like higher gear]

in a way only trove will give you hepta fuses now, but thats caused by the fact that trove rewards not really get adjusted as fast as we get new items. you can already fuse octa now, but thats really some topic you might be able to avoid on a casual play shedule. Don't get me wrong, octa fuses do have benefits. Their costs is in no relation to their increase in stats so one can just as easily skip them.

now it is more like pet gems which are almost unobtainable. then again you can get an rng box weekly and gable for either "low octa" or square (oh right, after octa itr is triangular, square, penta, hexa, hepta, octa now). But I dubbed "low octa" low since we don't actually have the "older" gems anymore. In fact soulboost even gives us penta gems (triangular for pet).

Thank you so very much guys. Really appreciate it. 

Funny that, just finished silverfrost campaign on my archer( which i like so much btw) and I got my account back.

https://imgur.com/cYLSgxd

Tried to log in with the account in the forum but I'm banned. I forgot how fussy BnS initial moderators were. I got banned for calling aussies and new zelanders  kangaroos and kiwis. XD

Edited by Machence