4 Against the Koldrake

Kittyaura

...There were the requisite 12/12 showing when we went into the Koldrake's Lair.... But I never saw more than 7 fighting as battle began. As a Gunner, I can strafe up and down the field and count how many are in the fray. The tell was still at 12/12 a few minutes in... More than 6 to 7 were not to be seen.. There was one other, a slight figure dressed in black, but, I never saw them fight at all, although they were, at times, near the forefront... One player fighting cried out "No AFK", as, the tell tale number of 11/12 was now showing... But now there were only the four of us in the fray... The others were nowhere to be found. I feared the day might be lost... It seemed to take forever to get it down to 80%...

....The battle raged for over 20  minutes, 70 %, 60%, 50%, 40%, with just the other 3 girls and I fighting our little hearts out against the massive beast. As we managed to near the 26 % mark, I had a delivery at the door, and had to step out of character and the fight for precious seconds... My delivery driver probably thought I was a bit rude, but, the lack of a proper party had narrowed the window of delivery tine I had expected... I'll give her a nice tip though... Much to my surprise, I was still alive when I returned... I left my groceries in a pile by the front door, and leapt back into the fight...

...Back once more, with the tell now at 10/12, the four of us fought the good fight, and great deeds were done that day as the dragon tossed us about like toys on the battlefield. The tell dropped to 7/12, as players gave up on those of us actually fighting... After a long battle, we four stayed the course and somehow finally toppled the mighty dragon. As we dragged our exhausted bodies over to receive our well deserved reward, I saw that same slight figure dressed in black, waiting at the base of the far cliff side for us to depart... Perhaps it was another player, suffering from lag, so they could not fight or risk being kicked out, as had happened to me before a computer upgrade... Or, perhaps it was the Angel of Death, watching and waiting to see the outcome of such a mighty battle... I hope she was not disappointed...

...I never got the names of those 3 warriors I fought beside, but, they have my utmost respect for staying the course under such harsh conditions... Heroes all...*Bows in respect*...

• Like 3

Sometimes i'll run behind the boss into the lava where he cant tail whip me. I occasionally see people there.

I say sometimes because since his HP increase. I rarely do it these days as i let him whip me so i can grab the ice buff. After i grab a full buff though i'll sit in the lava until he's dead.

I guess a possible solution to afk'ers here is allowing auto combat like we get in primeweld?

I personally enjoy the manual control of his fight.

Edited by matthew

When I join Koldrake I can only fight for 10s and after that my ping jump to  300ms so cant even do attacks. It back normally after boss get killed.

My internet is bad but on dungeon, raids and open world my ping can be 90/130ms. I dont know what happen on Koldrake

...If you can, use a landline, its supposed to be faster than wifi, and make sure you're the only drain on your connection, no tv or music hooked to the internet that is on your same line. At first, I had no issue, but after  a while,maybe because of an update, I found myself unable to shoot at all, if I did I got kicked and could not return until a new Koldrake time. I don't run TV or Music that requires an internet connection when in Koldrake now, nor any other device requiring an online connection. A new, faster computer with a better video card helped too. A faster connection helps too. But, these are tough times and money is tight...

...Test your timing with one attack... if it takes more than a few seconds, stop completely. Then at least you can get what you came for.

...I have no problem with poor souls who cannot attack due to issues, after all, players carried me while I had that same condition. But when 12 come in, I would certainly hope that at least 2/3 of the players would be interested, and capable of fighting... 🙂  I had half expected to see a number of them show up to claim the rewards, but, no others did before I left. In the meantime, it was a heck of an adventure, though tiring, and I am forever grateful to the 3 Hongmoon Warriors who stayed the course with me...

On 11/29/2022 at 2:28 PM, Kittyaura said:

...There were the requisite 12/12 showing when we went into the Koldrake's Lair.... But I never saw more than 7 fighting as battle began. As a Gunner, I can strafe up and down the field and count how many are in the fray. The tell was still at 12/12 a few minutes in... More than 6 to 7 were not to be seen.. There was one other, a slight figure dressed in black, but, I never saw them fight at all, although they were, at times, near the forefront... One player fighting cried out "No AFK", as, the tell tale number of 11/12 was now showing... But now there were only the four of us in the fray... The others were nowhere to be found. I feared the day might be lost... It seemed to take forever to get it down to 80%...

....The battle raged for over 20  minutes, 70 %, 60%, 50%, 40%, with just the other 3 girls and I fighting our little hearts out against the massive beast. As we managed to near the 26 % mark, I had a delivery at the door, and had to step out of character and the fight for precious seconds... My delivery driver probably thought I was a bit rude, but, the lack of a proper party had narrowed the window of delivery tine I had expected... I'll give her a nice tip though... Much to my surprise, I was still alive when I returned... I left my groceries in a pile by the front door, and leapt back into the fight...

...Back once more, with the tell now at 10/12, the four of us fought the good fight, and great deeds were done that day as the dragon tossed us about like toys on the battlefield. The tell dropped to 7/12, as players gave up on those of us actually fighting... After a long battle, we four stayed the course and somehow finally toppled the mighty dragon. As we dragged our exhausted bodies over to receive our well deserved reward, I saw that same slight figure dressed in black, waiting at the base of the far cliff side for us to depart... Perhaps it was another player, suffering from lag, so they could not fight or risk being kicked out, as had happened to me before a computer upgrade... Or, perhaps it was the Angel of Death, watching and waiting to see the outcome of such a mighty battle... I hope she was not disappointed...

...I never got the names of those 3 warriors I fought beside, but, they have my utmost respect for staying the course under such harsh conditions... Heroes all...*Bows in respect*...

I go immediately to the right of Koldrak. There's a rock I can perch on to avoid being tail whipped.

This is not advisable if your life drain/per hit is not high as you will get melted by the lava damage.