People are missing one of this game's strengths: PvP! :O

If there's one thing I can say about this game, it's that the PvP is one of its strong suits, and I think it's important for any game to play into its strong suit(s).

I've seen people who hate Blade & Soul admit this MMO probably has some of (if not THE) best PvP in the genre, especially as a f2p game. The animations are great; attacks feel like they have weight to them; the combat (when not ruined by XML edits or other cheats .-. [but that's a different topic ;P]) is complex, involved, and fluid... and it would just be great if something brought PvP back to life. xP (The increased health during certain times in Battlegrounds was a good step, for example! ^^ But I think there unfortunately needs to be an incentive beyond just fun to keep the mode populated, especially with all the other PvE modes that demand our attention for good loot.)

It just feels like PvP is a bit neglected in NA; for example, I was shocked to find out EU still had/(has?) Battle Royale long after NA's got removed for some reason?? .-. Was there a reason Battle Royale was removed from NA? xP Just curious, honestly, but myself and people I've spoken to would love if BR could came back, too. xD

Anyway.. I'm sure there's something in the works to bring players back to PvP, but I just felt the need to throw my voice out there (amidst lots of other voices, I know :P) to reaffirm that there is a community for the PvP in this game, and I personally know at least one big clan and some big players who have currently, largely jumped ship to other—in some cases completely vacant—MMOs just to get a taste of some intense combat in leu of Blade & Soul's! x.x

Players are missing PvP. And I'm just really hoping there's something coming to incentivize it again, even if it has to come in the form of occasional PvP events rather than constant up-time.. I just personally want a reason to play Blade & Soul again. xD And, from what I've seen, others are feeling the same.

Anyway, thanks for reading! I hope something is in the works! ^^

((And by the way, Green Storm, I saw that you're the new community manager? 😮 I hope you're doing well in this new environment and taking care of yourself! xP I know some people can be rude and illogical for no good reason(s), but I'm sure at least some peoples' emotions come from genuine care and worry about the state of the game.. so...  it's rough, but don't take anything personal, and do your best! ^^ Good luck, and take care, all you staff members!))

Edited by Kasumi Rose
  • Like 1

• Kasumi Rose changed the title to People are missing one of this game's strengths: PvP! :O
1 hour ago, Kasumi Rose said:

this MMO probably has some of (if not THE) best PvP in the genre

Thats the reason ive quit the game after 5 years instead of 2 years. PVP brought me back each time i thought i leave. Only reason i am still in this forum i still have hope they will listen and i can play my favourite gamemode again.

it would just be great if something brought PvP back to life. unfortunately needs to be an incentive beyond just fun to keep the mode populated, especially with all the other PvE modes that demand our attention for good loot.)

Thats what we are trying to tell NCwest since years now. If you mainly want your pvp gear to increase which is normal for a MMO you will do what gives you the most out of your time of course. This also means gamemodes that give you nothing or near nothing PVE related will be ignored.

There have been a ton of cost efficent ways to revive PVP but well if you look into the past of this forum. I cant remember a single PVP related thread we got any answer from GMs.

I was shocked to find out EU still had/(has?) Battle Royale long after NA's got removed for some reason??

We did not. It got removed with NA too simply cause no one wanted to boother with a gamemode you would get like 20 Moon stone CRYSTALS for a playtime of 40 Minutes or whatever the timer was back then. We also had a stream with the Korean guy responsible for the west even he had no idea BR got removed nearly a year before he started the stream.

.-. Was there a reason Battle Royale was removed from NA?

Probably what i explained no rewards = no interest from Players. Not even HM coins for season back then.

Anyway.. I'm sure there's something in the works to bring players back to PvP

I doubt it cause people have been screeming for atleast 3 years now. But well hope dies last.

Players are missing PvP. And I'm just really hoping there's something coming to incentivize it again

We have several ways. 1. Give PVP the ability all mats in account bound version. Depending on what it is in less quantity of course. 2. Create tournaments on a regular basis or offer the community like 20k Hm coins per month to create tourneys themselfe. 3. Bring back HM coins as season rewards but actully ban everyone wintrading.  There are probably more ways thoose are just some i think of. If we talk about 6v6 there are only 2 option id request.

1. bots 2. Borrowed max pvp gear you can buy at vendor.

I know some people can be rude and illogical for no good reason(s)

I know Greenstorm is doing his best and i have to agree when someone says he is a good GM but he also has to live with how toxic the community has become due to years of neglect of our needs. I think its toally understandable if people are not always nice to him. He just has to know we dont wanna attack him as a person we are just fed up with all the lies and constant neglect we get from this company in a whole.

• Like 1