People are forgetting what the NET CHANGES are

PetPuggi

It doesn't matter if they're trying to make baby steps to fix the current disaster. People are easily forgetting what the net changes are here even after their "promised" fixes (which is still a big question mark, like who even 100% trusts NCW's promises now?). You take 5 steps backwards, then take 1 step forward, what do you get? You get 4 steps backwards, which is nowhere near what players deserve and people should NOT be content with it and all of a sudden start opening up their wallets again.

So what are the net changes?

1. Everything below DST is still messed up. Harder difficulty + greatly nerfed rewards (not just gold, but mats). Even if they eventually fix this, the net change will simply be the state they were in pre-patch, but nerfed rewards.
  2. You still have daily challenge rotations that are a complete pain to do cause all solo quests and CB were removed, replaced by completely pointless places like refuge which should just be deleted from this game as not even completely new players would bother grinding for stuff there. Not to mention decreased rewards for all of this (afaik the 5g was removed?)
  3. They just added material bundles in F10, for ncoin only, right after they massively nerfed mats in game. Just wow
  4. Did people not notice their new fix states you will only get 1 orb shard instead of 2? One word. WHY? Are they that desperate for $ to resort to making a few quick bucks from F10 on dungeon entry tickets??
  5. Everything above DST you have slightly reduced difficulty, but nerfed rewards, which simply balances out. This is nothing to be super happy about

Why should we be content with this? This is what they promised, not a favour they're doing us. Would you be happy if your Tesla's OS broke down and suddenly starts limiting your speed to 20mph, then they issued a patch to raise it to 40mph, when originally it's more like 250mph? "Oh but they did make an improvement" is not valid when the net changes are still negative.

They've still got another 4 steps forward to make before they even get back to the state of the game before this patch, let alone make an improvement. It's really sad a majority of this community has such low standards now that simply delivering a patch correctly is now considered greatly exceeding expectations and thinks the company should be lauded (aka supported with our wallets) for that. Delivering stuff that are promised is what they SHOULD do, not what they do only after weeks and months of repeated criticisms and threatening to not open wallets.

Edited by PetPuggi
  • Like 5

I mean, i really dont get it they are fixing few things right now and they get ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ back? 

community will never get happy no matter what they are doing. since this community is close i have no words :d spoiled maybe?

sure i do get it NCSOFT has been screwing up alot lately, but they are trying to fix it in a way and not just give up on it. they even made so we wont NEED TO BE doing 8 daily challenge, they made it as 6, what they can put in maybe is like pvp / solo dungeons as options for it. but thats its otherwise i find this daily challenge that they will change to not a big problem or a big deal atm.

and also i dont see any problems with dungeons below tsm right now.. and im doing daily challenge in 3 character. one is my main and 2 of them are with 1100-1200 ap? so care to explain what i have missed and what kind of problems there is right now?

Edited by ImAMemer

2 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

It doesn't matter if they're trying to make baby steps to fix the current disaster. People are easily forgetting what the net changes are here even after their "promised" fixes (which is still a big question mark, like who even 100% trusts NCW's promises now?). You take 5 steps backwards, then take 1 step forward, what do you get? You get 4 steps backwards, which is nowhere near what players deserve and people should NOT be content with it and all of a sudden start opening up their wallets again.

1. Everything below DST is still messed up. Harder difficulty + greatly nerfed rewards (not just gold, but mats). Even if they eventually fix this, the net change will simply be the state they were in pre-patch, but nerfed rewards.
  2. You still have daily challenge rotations that are a complete pain to do cause all solo quests and CB were removed, replaced by completely pointless places like refuge which should just be deleted from this game as not even completely new players would bother grinding for stuff there. Not to mention decreased rewards for all of this (afaik the 5g was removed?)
  3. They just added material bundles in F10, for ncoin only, right after they massively nerfed mats in game. Just wow
  4. Did people not notice their new fix states you will only get 1 orb shard instead of 2? One word. WHY? Are they that desperate for $ to resort to making a few quick bucks from F10 on dungeon entry tickets??
  5. Everything above DST you have slightly reduced difficulty, but nerfed rewards, which simply balances out. This is nothing to be super happy about

Why should we be content with this? This is what they promised, not a favour they're doing us. Would you be happy if your Tesla's OS broke down and suddenly starts limiting your speed to 20mph, then they issued a patch to raise it to 40mph, when originally it's more like 250mph? "Oh but they did make an improvement" is not valid when the net changes are still negative.

They've still got another 4 steps forward to make before they even get back to the state of the game before this patch, let alone make an improvement. It's really sad a majority of this community has such low standards now that simply delivering a patch correctly is now considered greatly exceeding expectations and thinks the company should be lauded (aka supported with our wallets) for that. Delivering stuff that are promised is what they SHOULD do, not what they do only after weeks and months of repeated criticisms and threatening to not open wallets.

True words. 100% Agreed

1 hour ago, ImAMemer said:

I mean, i really dont get it they are fixing few things right now and they get ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ back? 

community will never get happy no matter what they are doing. since this community is close i have no words :d spoiled maybe?

sure i do get it NCSOFT has been screwing up alot lately, but they are trying to fix it in a way and not just give up on it. they even made so we wont NEED TO BE doing 8 daily challenge, they made it as 6, what they can put in maybe is like pvp / solo dungeons as options for it. but thats its otherwise i find this daily challenge that they will change to not a big problem or a big deal atm.

and also i dont see any problems with dungeons below tsm right now.. and im doing daily challenge in 3 character. one is my main and 2 of them are with 1100-1200 ap? so care to explain what i have missed and what kind of problems there is right now?

- They made Daily Challenge 6 instead of 8 ya.. but the overall time needed to complete them is still way higher than before.

- The Problem is that all these dungeons have normal mode HP and hardmode mechs, and they are named easy mode.. It might be easy sometimes but only if there is 1 or more character in the party that has far higher gear that is needed to do the dungeon. The bosses just get burst down and some are not even soloable anymore.

In fact Easymode is way harder than the old Normal Mode was

6 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

1) We will see if they make significant reductions such that if it is easier then it will be up to par with what they were saying about reduced difficulty=reduced rewards. If however they revert dungeons to pre patch states while keeping rewards nerfed, then yes your point is valid. 

2) I put my opinion regarding this same thing from another post so I'll copy paste it hear as well (also, no we still get the 5g. Instead of 5g bars we automatically get the gold when we click the accpet button on the daily challenge menu. This way we don't have to sell it to the trader?I don't know. Regardless we still get it): 
Moon refuge is made in a way that a player will complete Zavana's zeal about 2 times before finishing the actual quest. This way, players can trade for about 2 boxes at the merchant which rewards buds, exp charms, and maybe some gold coins (worth 5g each). If a player so chooses to, they can grind for all 4 boxes a day. Also, moon buds can be exchanged for some useful items, a personal favorite of mine is the eminence exp charm. Sub HM 14, they're 1mil exp at the cost of 30 buds which is nothing. For new players, refuge not only gets you to HM 15 really quickly, but you can also get some useful equipment if you choose to grind here WHICH new players before refuge would have to grind basin for hours ANYWAY. Panda cache village in refuge is also 10 times better for materials than basin. While farming in basin, mobs have a chance to drop a treasure chest (albeit at a decent rate), while in refuge sometimes a raccoon will spawn if you kill a mob. Killing will earn you a treasure chest, but may also go to panda village. I often walk out of panda village with 20+ chests in less time than it takes to run a couple of dungeons. That amount of material is insanely good, and happens WAY more frequently when more people are killing mobs to increase frequency of panda village. Although if too many players are there then people kill each other for more chests....point is, refuge, while time consuming, is still a good place and is not irrelevant.

3) Yes, that bundle is absurd, but I hate the Zen archer bundle the most. They put items in there you get from doing story mode/quests like the naryu sanctum bracelet. Like, what? Those items are garbage and are obviously preying on new players that don't know any better. 

4)I don't really remember getting 2 shards per daily, but if that's true then this is their attempt at resetting the market. Just like how they removed white orbs and replaced them with the ascension orbs which was pointless since they served the exact same function. But since they can't just do that same thing (creating a new orb), they probably wanted to reset the amount available. Yes it's scummy and it's evident when after a patch ( I don't recall which), you needed to use white orbs to enter CS boss 2 (which they fixed the next week). Clearly an indication that there was NO point in changing currencies other than to reset the available amount. 

5) They are also putting the gold back to what it was which doesn't entirely constitute as nerfed rewards, but yes it's as if nothing changed. 

Overall yes, they messed up and I'd like to see them do better. We've been outright lied to and told it was actually working as intended on multiple occasions. My favorite is when white orbs were removed and we were told they could still be used and the response we got was "oh well, we messed up, deal with it". They messed up this patch which not only drove new players away (considering this update was a way to bring new players in), but older players too. I also wish to see this game thrive and it takes passionate players to speak out such as yourself when we see something that isn't right. 

Some here just want to forget. Building up there happy wall again, with all it´s crack.
Yes, they changed, but you yes-sayers did nothing for this change. You stayed silent and just came out of your lurking to thank ncwest, even though you should thank the gamers that wrote up till now. If it was left up to you, nothing would have changed. So please stay silent like back then and let us try do, what gave you this change, you are so thankful for.

15 hours ago, ImAMemer said: