Which main to choose?

Erdbeere

Hello dear fellow crickets,

currently I am finishing the story with my 4 chars.

Slowly coming to the end of it (starting Act 8 with all of them by now), I realized that I need to choose one main from the 4 of them.

I can narrow my choice down to 2 classes: Sin and Soul Fighter.

The hardship I face now is to choose one of these two beautiful classes, for what I ask for your help.

Can you give me any information about these two classes that could help me with my decision.

I want to play both - PVP and PVE.

And by the way - I am a "casual" gamer. I can play 2 hours at evening maybe.

Before I forget - what purpose you can use your alts?

Greetings :)

• 3 weeks later...

The main question I always ask people when I see posts or asked what class they should play as a main is this. Out of all the toons you have, what one do YOU enjoy the most? What one gives you that feeling of enjoyment when you log on?

It isn't always a "what is best" thing. Even though this is a F2P game. It is still your account and you should play what you enjoy the most.

It's best to look at what the class actually does end game in terms of its role and then ask if you are ok with it. For simple explanation lets look at BM. BMs are a tank class and if you aren't ok with the tank role then it isn't a proper choice for a main. Alt sure go for it but as a main you won't so much be successful at it. It's made to be a tank and raid leaders will be looking for you to do tank or at least try to learn. As long as you show them that you are actually trying a lot of raid groups will try to help you learn or explain things to you. If it's a static raid that is. 

In your case it's sin or sf. Pve wise sins right now are more so a buff slave, party protect and DPS class. People keep SF around largely for the party rez but they do good damage. Both do fine in terms of damage. What would you like to focus on bringing to a raid group? Do you want to BB and learn to party protect at the right moment? Do you just want to be on stand by for a rez and throw out a few heals along the way? The one situational thing for SF is they do in VT boss 1 apply the heal buff to the tanks but that's a timing thing and mostly just there. Everybody does damage but damage isn't the most important thing. Like for peacekeeper in TT. A lot of people are doing mechanics not damage. For instance I do burster+spawner. After Soulburst during restraint I spend the rest of restraint mode preping and spawning the cylinders. If I don't do it properly the raid wipes regardless of DPS. I don't do as much as I could because the mechs are more important than my personal dps. 

What it boils down to is that in order for a class to be your main you are largely going to spend the bulk of your funds upping it and it will be what you are known for by other people. Unless you are a whale with near limitless funds it's not easy to just switch gears. So it's best if you are overall happy with the class. If you are unhappy with what that class does then you are going to not be happy with it as your main. So my advice would be is to research what the class does then ask yourself am I happy with doing that. If you aren't then play it as an alt not a main. 

I can't really give much advice on pvp but what I said does come into play for pve. 

Archived