Need some time/money investment estimates

Takaroku

Not new to the game but I have a few questions regarding how much time/money I'd have to put into this game in order to have close, if not the best gear.

First I will tell you my character info: Blademaster lvl 55 HM 12 with a stage 7 baleful weapon with 8 sockets. I have those solak accessories from story mode. I get around 100-140 ms sometimes in cities but I haven't tested my specs in raids or convoluted boss fights yet. I use lighting because I have low ping and can cycle my CC pretty well. May switch to fire for an easier time but I think it'll be slightly less fun. Lightning just looks so stylish and damage is somewhat similar but ping reliant.

I just want to see what I'd have to invest in order to be overpowered and what not. And from understanding this game has at least 5-10 years right? Has the best combat out of all mmos or it's one of the best. Also, it's also a game of playing catch up most of the time but I guess that gives you something to do.

Also not in a guild, though having one speeds up the process.

it’s gonna be pretty time-consuming to gear up if you’re fresh outta the story. i’d suggest farming peaches from CB (Celestial Basin) to get your basic legendary accessories first, then you can try attempting BT (Black Tower / Skybreak Spire) to get your elemental ring and earring. make sure to carry some gold with you, as there might be other ppl bidding for your accessories. 

regarding your weapon path, going dawnforge/riftwalk (depending on your playstyle) will be considerably cheaper, but raven will yield higher DPS. you can go dawnforge/riftwalk to stage 9 and then convert to raven 9 to save materials and gold. 

regarding your ping, both elements are completely viable, but lightning build is the also the PVP build if you’re interested in that. 

Archived