Windows Update messed up my graphs

Otaner

So, I've checked that there are a few people complaining about low fps. And me and my brother have also felt this problem. The thing is, this situation has occurred after the new Windows Update, I've installed it a couple days ago, but i think it has been around since April.

So to start, my computer is exactly the same as my brothers, ASUS ROG GL702VMK, i7-7700hq CPU @ 2.80GHz, 16,0GB RAM with a GeForce GTX1060 6GB GDDR5. So, i think this is not some old pathetic potato.

I think the culprit to be this Windows Update version, because as soon as the update finished install, and I've tried to play the game, it stopped launching properly, and only after several attempts (with driver instalation), was I able to get the game playing, however the game noticeable took longer to load, or took longer to go through loading screens, when actually playing the game topped at a max of 20FPS. 

I've already tried downloading directly from Nvidia website the new drivers and installing but the result was the same.

For me the only solution so far (although temporarily) was to revert to Windows10 previous to the last update, this has allowed me to continue to play the game without any problems, but I fear that any time soon I'll be forced to install the update and I still don't have a proper solution for this. And my brother with a computer just like mine, wasn't able to revert his windows update, now he is stuck with 20FPS.

So, I'm coming to the community hoping that some one that can help me finding a solution.

My IT knowledge is very limited.

Looking forward for your comments

Thanks

After every major windows update you need to reinstall your drivers because the update loads the standard windows ones.

So first step is reinstalling your video drivers. Next check in the nvidia control panel if you have it set to use your nvidia card instead of an integrated one.

That's strange, i have almost the same config as you (except it's a MSI and i onlye have boosted 1050TI), i did the windows update + drivers yesterday and i run BnS even a little better than before (around 5 more FPS on average) :/

Try to reinstall the game at last resort.

[edit]

Oh yeah, forgot to ask, but you have also an intgrated chip with your 1060TI i assume.

Look in your NVidia panel if it didn't reset which chip your using and put BnS on the integradted chip instead of the GPU.

[edit 2]

Another option try to see if the Setting Option Limit Frame Rate in Background is acting up

yOzT05N.jpg

@Lorim Thanks, I'll try to check that!

I don't really know how to check "Look in your NVidia panel if it didn't reset which chip your using and put BnS on the integradted chip instead of the GPU." but I'll look around to see if I see something weird.

Thanks ^^

Il y a 2 heures, Otaner a dit :

@Lorim Thanks, I'll try to check that!

I don't really know how to check "Look in your NVidia panel if it didn't reset which chip your using and put BnS on the integradted chip instead of the GPU." but I'll look around to see if I see something weird.

Thanks ^^

Like that (sorry screenshot in French)

ZjaQeGQ.png

55LkJtO.png

hmrFpDK.png

aJTuS57.png

9cQJLfE.png

JhrSmis.png

Well, i think you can find yourway based on thoses screen ^^

Archived