Durability System Broken For Certain Classes (Koldrak mainly)

SilverFoxR

Haha... "broken"... like some class' weapons.

So, a little bit ago, I was inquiring about weapon durability loss in Koldrak and found that, thanks to Koldrak having many hitboxes, some classes (primarily ones with AoE damage), hit multiple spots and wear down their weapon's durability faster than others. Quite frankly... we need to fix this. When my Gunslinger goes through 30 durability in one Koldrak run... or just today, my (currently already pretty broken) Soul Fighter burning through 58% durability is just... inexcusable.

If we just look at Koldrak's Lair on it's own, the easiest fix would be to cut down on the number of hitboxes Koldrak has and making the other hitboxes larger to balance it out. That way, you hit less of the hitboxes and tear apart your weapon.

A more difficult (but ultimately better option) is to change the weapon durability system entirely. Perhaps it can register based on if an attack string lands or fails. If the attack hits a mob, it counts for hitting a single target and the durability loss is calculated based on that.

Or, y'know... we could just take out the durability system entirely... or just connect it to death only.

UPDATE: So, did Koldrak today again on my SF... from 100% durability, doing full combat and no deaths, my weapon ended at 33% durability. That's a 77% DURABILITY LOSS

Archived