KFM in pve n pvp questions

user001

which build is better for kfm in pve currently? just starting to learn kfm since it looks fun to play. 

which hm skills do i need for kfm in pve and which ones for pvp?

in pve, kfm role is tanker same as bm rite? in pve, is kfm better than bm(fire build) as tanker and dps rating? is bm/kfm alrdy overcrowded in F8 or they;re good to get pt?

Q: which build is better for kfm in pve currently?
---
both are and have always been viable, but there are pros and cons.
Wind needs decent skill at 2RF anicancelling, or at least RF anicancelling with gear that supports free Cyclone (Blue badge, VT wind badge). Wind currently has the highest dps at maximal gear.
Fire gets a huge boost from any focus generating equipment (8s soul, MSP badge) and is much higher dps in middle tier gear. It also has dumbfounding healing potential from Tiger Strike. It is also immediately better when there is more than one target, since Tiger Strike is AoE and Cyclone kick is not.

Q: which hm skills do i need for kfm in pve and which ones for pvp?
---
PvE: Tiger Strike (if fire), Comet Strike, Counter
LMB and Rising Dragon not so important
PvP: Rising Dragon + Counter - both essential!
Comet (6v6 more than in gear balanced modes)
Tiger Strike depending on play style, LMB is nice for 1v1

Q: in pve, kfm role is tanker same as bm rite? in pve, is kfm better than bm(fire build) as tanker and dps rating?
---
Yes, in PvE KFM is a tank with very good threat generation. Good iframes, very good healing, better damage support for party because of blue buff and tremor.
Unlike BM, they do not have a party save, though. Fire BM is also very nice and easy dps. It's difficult to compare because for all classes dps is more gear and player skill than class dependant. Parties might not like KFM tanks that move around the boss a lot (I like to do that), BMs will never do that as they cannot block while moving. I play both KFM and BM as tank and enjoy both. Both are always welcome in parties that need a tank. Allegedly in max gear KFM is a dps class, but in middle tier both KFM and BM are distinctly below other classes. If played right they should always hold agro against Gunners of equal gear, though.

Q: is bm/kfm alrdy overcrowded in F8 or they;re good to get pt?
---
Never have a problem to get parties, people look at the gear more than they do at the class. As a KFM, if you are not needed as a tank, they want you for blue buff. As BM, you add an extra party save and steady dps. It's all fine.

Archived