Tower of Infinity - Make it a place to grind for Hongmoon skills

Kozuki

tl:nr: Add HM skills to ToI vendors to be able to trade with ToI tokens.

+++

No, I don't talk about Asura Ember. Everyone knows that it drops there in higher floor reward, but it is an extremely rare drop so we won't count it here.

ToI is for badge grinding. However, what if you already get both badges from the current season, or the current season has not appealing badge for you to grind for? Even if you want to grind for alts, you need to wait for the whole season to conclude for the token to become trade-able, which would take you like 18 weeks. Or you can just later buy them from F5 (very cheap for previous tokens at the beginning of a new season. Courage Tokens are like only 2-3g each, hence 140-210g per badge), or get them from Solar Energy.

In short, there are not much things to do with ToI after we done getting our desired badge, or not want any badge from the current season.

I think it is a waste like that. Meanwhile, people are facing trouble with under supply of HM skills, as these books/offals mostly drop in very old contents with nerfed rewards, so they are very expensive. Also, for some reason, NCWest are also too enthusiastic to put the best way to grind for HM skills behind PvP content. This is cool for people who both PvP and PvE, but a nightmare for PvE-only players. Even duelist bundle also requires you to pvp some to get to at least silver rank to be able to to trade.

Therefore, I suggest to add HM skill books to ToI vendor, so that players can grind for the HM skills they want for their alts. There are several good reasons:

-Add another way to use ToI content after you done with soul badge grinding

-Promote Mushin 16-20 and Outlaw Island contents, as you can exchange their currency for ToI tickets.

-ToI content is a PvE content disguised as PvP. PvE players tend to find them more tolerable and less pressured than facing real PvP players. Also, you can overwhelm ToI bots with gear in compensation of skills, thus make players feel more rewarding when they curbstorm bots with hard-earned gear.

So, what is the reasonable prices for HM skills? Personally, I don't think it should be cheaper than ToI soul badge for some skills. Here are my suggested prices:

-Royal Zen Bean: 20 tokens

-HM Pellet: 30 tokens

-Volume 1-4: 70 tokens

-Chilling Flame Elixir: 100 tokens

-Offal of Silence/Darkness/Luminescence: 60/60/30. Total 150 tokens for all three offals. 

Also, if you want to prevent players to just wait for the end of the season to buy tokens instead of actively grind for them, you can change for HM skills to be only be able to exchanged with the current-season ToI tokens.

Archived