General Questions on Faction Uniforms

Pooh420

Hello everyone,

I have only been playing for about a day and I have some questions I have been unable to answer with Google and forum searches.

1. I hadn't realized wearing the Blue/Red faction uniforms would allow opposing faction members to attack you. I was caught off-guard in town but was able to successfully defend myself. I ran into the same individual and continued to kill them until they changed uniforms.

- I) Is there a way for me to track my kills/deaths in regards to my main faction alliance?

- II) Are there any safe areas when wearing such uniforms or no?

- III) Does killing opposing faction members boost my reputation/rank or give me any sort of benefits or is it only for fun?

2. I noticed someone attacking the bamboo guard in one of the towns and it wasn't until I received a "Blackram Uniform" that I noticed that this particular costume also has a faction allegiance associated with it.

- I) What are some of the pros/cons to these other lesser factions? It seems that these faction allegiances are a PvE only type of thing, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank  you for your time and I look forward to reading any responses!

I, Yes. Press U and go under Faction, it'll display under "double agent" how many of each faction members you've killed. (Both Crim and Ceru)

II, Nope. The safe places are your correlated faction sites, one is in Misty and they're scattered around. In misty, the opposing factions can still attack you lol

III, I'm actually not sure. I'm aware that there's a ranking system and you need a certain amount of points to rank up, starting from Initiate. 

--

2(I)

Yes there's a benefit, go under U again and the same faction tab. Killing players in a certain faction aside from Ceru and Crim will also award you achievement points, in which you can use to get items, cosmetics and techniques at the Achievement vendor in Zaiwai. 

4 hours ago, xInikox said:

I, Yes. Press U and go under Faction, it'll display under "double agent" how many of each faction members you've killed. (Both Crim and Ceru)

II, Nope. The safe places are your correlated faction sites, one is in Misty and they're scattered around. In misty, the opposing factions can still attack you lol

III, I'm actually not sure. I'm aware that there's a ranking system and you need a certain amount of points to rank up, starting from Initiate. 

--

2(I)

Yes there's a benefit, go under U again and the same faction tab. Killing players in a certain faction aside from Ceru and Crim will also award you achievement points, in which you can use to get items, cosmetics and techniques at the Achievement vendor in Zaiwai. 

Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate it!

Just to add on, 

III) In the specific Cerulean/Crimson battlefields, you're able to obtain prestige from killing npcs, if you're within level range. Killing a player will let you take all their prestige. There's also a couple of daily faction quests that involve killing players. You need to hand in prestige/do quests to increase your faction rank.

For the lesser factions, there's no ranking system built in, but you can still fight other players for achievements. When you kill a certain number of opposing npc's in a certain area, a boss will spawn. Killing them will give you tokens to buy special cosmetics. You are given the Bamboo, Blackram and Stratus outfits, the Tyrian and Talus outfits are faction npc drops. The Skyhaven faction outfit requires you to use the Talus outfit to farm tokens to buy.

Bamboo/Blackram lets you buy the Ivory/Red Specter outfits in Jadestone Village.

Stratus/Tyrian outfit has no token drop or shop to buy from that I know of.

Talus/Skyhaven lets you buy the Skyhaven Uniform and the Reaper face adornment.

There's also stuff to buy from the Cerulean/Crimson shops. They work the same way as the lesser factions, kill enough npcs and a boss will spawn. You can buy higher tiered faction uniforms, a few cosmetics and weapons for skinning your weapon. Higher tiered uniforms don't do anything special compared to the basic uniform. Every battlefield has it's own token type.

1 hour ago, LunaticAzure said:

Just to add on, 

III) In the specific Cerulean/Crimson battlefields, you're able to obtain prestige from killing npcs, if you're within level range. Killing a player will let you take all their prestige. There's also a couple of daily faction quests that involve killing players. You need to hand in prestige/do quests to increase your faction rank.

For the lesser factions, there's no ranking system built in, but you can still fight other players for achievements. When you kill a certain number of opposing npc's in a certain area, a boss will spawn. Killing them will give you tokens to buy special cosmetics. You are given the Bamboo, Blackram and Stratus outfits, the Tyrian and Talus outfits are faction npc drops. The Skyhaven faction outfit requires you to use the Talus outfit to farm tokens to buy.

Bamboo/Blackram lets you buy the Ivory/Red Specter outfits in Jadestone Village.

Stratus/Tyrian outfit has no token drop or shop to buy from that I know of.

Talus/Skyhaven lets you buy the Skyhaven Uniform and the Reaper face adornment.

There's also stuff to buy from the Cerulean/Crimson shops. They work the same way as the lesser factions, kill enough npcs and a boss will spawn. You can buy higher tiered faction uniforms, a few cosmetics and weapons for skinning your weapon. Higher tiered uniforms don't do anything special compared to the basic uniform. Every battlefield has it's own token type.

Thank you for the in-depth response! This was very helpful! :D I am scared to get all of my prestige stolen now, though :P.

1 hour ago, Pooh420 said:

Thank you for the in-depth response! This was very helpful! :D I am scared to get all of my prestige stolen now, though :P.

To clarify, you'll only lose prestige you're holding on to. Any that you exchange into contribution won't be lost, tho the more prestige you're holding onto, the bigger the exchange rate. You'll notice a number and a blue orb above Cerulean/Crimson npc's/players, that's how much prestige they're worth. If you're trying to advance your faction rank with prestige, try to find an empty channel first, haha. Though you might want to be on the stronger end of the level limit in case a boss appears.

Archived