Playing NA from Japan?

Seriberry

I'm on a short trip in Korea right now and I installed the game just the other day, from here in Korea. Logged into my NCSoft account (which I had through Wildstar and GW2), and I gave me a list of two NA servers, and both the game and all the chat are in English.

So I would imagine your friend could just keep logging into her established account.

It's not China, so they don't have any massive firewall blocking parts of the internet. If Japan is even close to as modern as Korea (and it likely is, both countries are more advanced and more worldly than the USA) - she'd find most things around the country can still be done in any currency in the world, and everything everywhere would have an English version easily available. And with that, getting access to US internet should be easy. Half the time I have more trouble reaching the Korean internet here because my accounts, payment records, etc all flag me as an American.

13 hours ago, Seriberry said:

Hello! I'm just now coming back to BnS and I have a friend who recently moved to japan for work temporarily. We often played the game together, and I cannot imagine playing it without her! I was wondering if NA BnS was region locked? Thank you!

i don't think there will be any issue playing NA from japan, because when you log in it will ask for a code sent to your email to confirm you are the one who is logging into the account..

other than that if you wanna be in the safe side and confirm if any issue might occur to the account because it has been logged in from outside of NA region, i would highly recommend send ticket to support team to confirm that you will not be blocked or face any account difficulty in the future...

Use the support link at the top of the page

Archived