Suggestion: Better way to go about 6v6 dc penalty.

DevilTDriver

So there's still a lot of tilt from people losing points from DCing.. Sure we went down from 60 to 30, but the principal hasn't been fixed.. That is legit players losing points at no fault of their own.

Without further ado, here's a suggestion I want to make and it makes perfect sense to me.

Bring back the rejoin function in 6v6. If you click yes to rejoin, you participate like normal. If you choose no then that's when you lose 30 points.

Essentially it's the old system, however beforehand if you chose no, you had no penalty and lost 0 points.

It's not exploitable because you are forced to win games to rank up and there is no loophole in PASSING UP games like you used too, the whole reason why it was an exploit. At the same time, it gives recourse for players who legitimately DC and want to partake.

If this sounds good, why don't we implement this right away. Please tell me a good reason why this is not perfect. It's so simple, yet I'm the first to think about this?

3 hours ago, DevilTDriver said:

So there's still a lot of tilt from people losing points from DCing.. Sure we went down from 60 to 30, but the principal hasn't been fixed.. That is legit players losing points at no fault of their own.

Without further ado, here's a suggestion I want to make and it makes perfect sense to me.

Bring back the rejoin function in 6v6. If you click yes to rejoin, you participate like normal. If you choose no then that's when you lose 30 points.

Essentially it's the old system, however beforehand if you chose no, you had no penalty and lost 0 points.

It's not exploitable because you are forced to win games to rank up and there is no loophole in PASSING UP games like you used too, the whole reason why it was an exploit. At the same time, it gives recourse for players who legitimately DC and want to partake.

If this sounds good, why don't we implement this right away. Please tell me a good reason why this is not perfect. It's so simple, yet I'm the first to think about this?

I said that idea like 100 times :), but seems they are not listening XD, instead like u mentioned above, only reduced the penalty from 60 to 30.

Archived